• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's true, but I believe StatDNA played a big role in Gabriel's signing. Relying on the raw numbers doesn't take into consideration things like the difference in playing CB for Villarreal compared to Arsenal.

Those numbers were a secondary confirmation though. Gabriel was scouted and highlighted

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Those numbers were a secondary confirmation though. Gabriel was scouted and highlighted
Yeah, but those stats at Villarreal shouldn't be indicative of his future performances. It's a flawed approach to signing players.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not watched pundits post match or Thierry in months. Got the impression today he has an eye on the job.

halfvolley

I really don't like to participate in these endless Wenger out or in discussions. I'm not interested in sitting on this forum day in and day out regurgitating the same arguments over and over.

But the time has come to say this:
Arsène Wenger is almost like a father to me. I've never met him, but I've grown up with him nevertheless. He is and has always been a beacon of sanity, idealism and grace in a footballing world that has grown into a monster around him. I have enormous amounts of love and respect for this man and in 50 years time, people will talk about him as the absolute greatest Arsenal legend of all time.

But it's time for him to let go now. The end has finally come and there's nothing more that he can do for Arsenal. People don't appreciate what he's done for us, they just see the things he hasn't managed to achieve, but his has been a thankless task. He's shepherded the club through a transitional period where he's consistently delivered above and beyond what anyone could reasonably expect, magically ensuring we've stayed a top club year after year. On a freaking shoestring compared with the money the other clubs had thrown at them.

But as much as I love and cherish this man, the time has come for him to move on. He deserves it, his family deserves it and the club deserves it. He's been turning water into wine for so long that's now the only thing he knows how to do. He should arguably have left a couple of years ago, but he didn't want to. And considering everything he's done for the club, it would have been petty and greedy to throw him out against his will back then.

But we have to move on now and so does he. Wenger is a great man but he's also a massive workaholic and a perfectionist. Leaving Arsenal will be as good for him as it will be for us. We're both stuck in a rut and only change will move us forward. He'll be a better manager somewhere else without all the baggage, and Arsenal desperately needs a fresh start.

This has been a long and rambling post. I'm drunk and there's no ****ing way I'm going to take the time to proofread it, but I think it contains pretty much everything I have to say on the subject.

Wenger: I love you to bits, but it's time for us to part ways, it's best for both of us!

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
As slippery as ever :rolleyes:
I don't know why he's putting himself through it all to be honest. For me, I think it's time (for a variety of reasons). Ideally, we lift the FA Cup again and Wenger rides off into whatever is left of his much-deserved sunset.

Whatever the case, his exit should be afforded the grace and class with which he has conducted himself during his tenure at the club.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger told us he'd decide his future by march or april, sounds like it's going to be march from his post match interview.

Should he go I hope the players will rally to give him decent send off.
If AFTV Robbie is to be believed (where would he get info like that from?)the board have told him they'd like to know his intentions before the break is over.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If AFTV Robbie is to be believed (where would he get info like that from?)the board have told him they'd like to know his intentions before the break is over.

What the **** does Robbie know :lol:

They must have some sort of idea if rumours of contact with Allegri are to be believed.

Preacher

Always Crying
Robbie probably read about it here:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Arsène-wenger-told-arsenal-board-10009418

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Whatever the case, his exit should be afforded the grace and class with which he has conducted himself during his tenure at the club.
Once it's announced, I'm sure that will happen. He wont be sacked before May, so he'll hopefully announce it after the last game. The club will grant him that. As for the fans, you'll always get a few dickheads in any scenario. Even the angriest lot will be pacified by relief, though, so nothing to fear.

Jm89

The problem we have is that wenger controls everything! And this is why we are constantly failing on the pitch off the pitch and in the transfer market! When was the last time wenger picked up a gem from the transfer market?? All you hear now after some player has been sold for 30 mill plus is that we were in for him when he cost a quid! But we defiantly wouldn't bug him for 30 mil now because wenger dosnt see it as value because we could of had him for a quid!

His mindset is wrong we should be competing on the pitch and in the market for all theses up and coming youngsters like Gabriel Jesus! We should go all out on this mabpee guy because we have never produced a forward from our own academy since wenger has been here! So you might as well risk the 30 mill plus on plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom