• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If the contract situation is resolved can only see it being Jack.
I don't think Jack has the same qualities as Ramsey. Ramsey is all action Jack is more subtle. Also depends on the position we feel we need to replace. Is it Ramsey as a CM or Ramsey as a wide man.

If Ox signs then Jack comes back and signs may be Ramsey as a winger with Ox potentially being a natural in house replacement.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
How depressing. We need to move on from these players that have for one reason or another not regularly contributed.

Guess we are some what limited with the HG rules. Iwobi, Hector, Coquelin, Walcott & Welbeck on 2019+ deals... All the rest up in 2018 or could potential be loaned out. Would expect a couple of Jack, Ramsey, Ox & Szczesny to be renewed.

karl

Guess we are some what limited with the HG rules. Iwobi, Hector, Coquelin, Walcott & Welbeck on 2019+ deals... All the rest up in 2018 or could potential be loaned out. Would expect a couple of Jack, Ramsey, Ox & Szczesny to be renewed.
Well let's make it Szczesny and Ox, as the first has been out of this environment for a while and Ox looks the best chance from the others. We really need to clear a number of the squad because they have become infected by the same state of mind, where average is good enough.

It is such a privileged and short career you would think they would have a sense of urgency to achieve something.

Hunter Zolomon

I'm a massive Ramsey fan but if change is coming then he has to be one of those changes. His replacement should be sourced from within the league. We should look at someone who has the qualities he has and is performing well and bring that person in.
careful, some ppl here might turn their nose at the possible replacement if he is playing for a team "below" our level.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
to be fair we do use a zonal marking system.
Yeah but a zonal marking system doesn't castrate you or take your dignity away. If you actually want to win you can't just use the "system" as an excuse for why you don't take action. If my midfielder loses possession and I'm the quickest player in the side as a striker and I can track back and cut out the counter should I do it or ignore it and watch us concede because the system we play dictates that I stay up front? As far as I know real world football is not a glitchy video game where you're stuck in a system and stripped of free will. No player with any pride, intelligence or heart lets someone run past them untouched for a free header in the box when they are the danger man. I don't even care about passing him off to someone who is supposed to have the next zone but when he's running through your zone f*cking put a body on him so he's not got a full run of momentum with which to attack the ball.

mm76

Yer Da
Yeah but a zonal marking system doesn't castrate you or take your dignity away. If you actually want to win you can't just use the "system" as an excuse for why you don't take action. If my midfielder loses possession and I'm the quickest player in the side as a striker and I can track back and cut out the counter should I do it or ignore it and watch us concede because the system we play dictates that I stay up front? As far as I know real world football is not a glitchy video game where you're stuck in a system and stripped of free will. No player with any pride, intelligence or heart lets someone run past them untouched for a free header in the box when they are the danger man. I don't even care about passing him off to someone who is supposed to have the next zone but when he's running through your zone f*cking put a body on him so he's not got a full run of momentum with which to attack the ball.

Now that's superhero talk :cool:

InvertedFootballer

Not surprised he gets the blame as Coquelin wasn't on the pitch

Xhaka and Mustafi fell on the good side of the fanbase and thanks to it have like 3 or so years of getting away with murder. This fanbase encourages mediocrity by having all the time in the world for the likes of Rosicky, Flamini, Mertesacker, Walcott or Wilshere.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Xhaka and Mustafi fell on the good side of the fanbase and thanks to it have like 3 or so years of getting away with murder. This fanbase encourages mediocrity by having all the time in the world for the likes of Rosicky, Flamini, Mertesacker, Walcott or Wilshere.
If you take a moment to actually think though mate, you'll realize there's a reason why Xhaka and Mustafi are getting passes others are not. They've only been at the club since last summer, so they deserve some time to adjust to the club, tactics, and league. Not to mention they're both still reasonably young as well. The likes of Ramsey and Coquelin have been here for years however and have had ample time to cement a place in the team, yet they have been continuously disappointing.

Also, I don't know what you're on about saying Rosicky, Flamini, Mertesacker, Walcott, and Wilshere are given "all the time in the world" by us fans. Flamini was absolutely hated by some in his last two seasons here and was widely wanted out, Mertesacker has been called to be benched many times because of his lack of pace, Walcott has been continuously scrutinized because of his lack of progression in ability and involvement in our buildup, and Wilshere has been given up on by many fans because of his countless injuries. Rosicky was widely liked, but he also was grown tired of by some because of his injuries.

Leeway to certain players is often given for actual reasons. Özil and Alexis get some because they have proved a lot in they careers. Youngsters get some because they're new on the scene. New signings also. But once a player has been around for a while and hasn't delivered much, of course people start getting on the back of them. It's only natural.

Hunter Zolomon

If you take a moment to actually think though mate, you'll realize there's a reason why Xhaka and Mustafi are getting passes others are not. They've only been at the club since last summer, so they deserve some time to adjust to the club, tactics, and league. Not to mention they're both still reasonably young as well. The likes of Ramsey and Coquelin have been here for years however and have had ample time to cement a place in the team, yet they have been continuously disappointing.

Also, I don't know what you're on about saying Rosicky, Flamini, Mertesacker, Walcott, and Wilshere are given "all the time in the world" by us fans. Flamini was absolutely hated by some in his last two seasons here and was widely wanted out, Mertesacker has been called to be benched many times because of his lack of pace, Walcott has been continuously scrutinized because of his lack of progression in ability and involvement in our buildup, and Wilshere has been given up on by many fans because of his countless injuries. Rosicky was widely liked, but he also was grown tired of by some because of his injuries.

Leeway to certain players is often given for actual reasons. Özil and Alexis get some because they have proved a lot in they careers. Youngsters get some because they're new on the scene. New signings also. But once a player has been around for a while and hasn't delivered much, of course people start getting on the back of them. It's only natural.
you can say the same for managers, once they have hung around enough with no progression ppl will probably get tired of it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Always had a soft spot for him but every time I watch City etc play I can't help but be frustrated at how well their midfielders can control and turn instantly.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Xhaka and Mustafi are criticized all the time. Wilshere divides opinion. Rosicky was anything but mediocre and Mertesacker, Walcott and Flamini are regularly savaged. I know that you're new here but it does pay to actually know what you're talking about before you jump in and look foolish. There's no way that anybody could read these boards for more than a few minutes and come away thinking the players you mentioned get a pass.

InvertedFootballer

When you compare them to the rest of the players they do, and it's painfully obvious. Look at you saying Rosicky was anything but mediocre, hilarious stuff.

And that's the case not only on this special place, but on pretty much most arsenal sites around.

African Flair

Sure when he's really on it he's great, which he haven't been all season. Not since the euros. We can not count on him at all. His form during a season goes like a jojo every year. Simply does not work when you got the status as a first team guy. Definitely one a would get rid of in this so called revamp.

Ramsey+Giroud for Lukaku. :D:D:D

carlito'sway

Established Member
Sure when he's really on it he's great, which he haven't been all season. Not since the euros. We can not count on him at all. His form during a season goes like a jojo every year. Simply does not work when you got the status as a first team guy. Definitely one a would get rid of in this so called revamp.

Ramsey+Giroud for Lukaku. :D:D:D

This!
I would do this deal in a heartbeat. Would even add a 20M to it. I am saying that as someone who has always been a Giroud's fan but also acknowledge that he is not good enough and will only get worse and slower.
The Ramsey debate, is at this point, getting boring and repetitive. Good guy, benefited of a great capital of sympathy and rightly so after what we all know, had a very good season but overall average to mediocre footballer. One has to be wearing some heavily tainted glasses not to realize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom