• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Feel sorry for you mate. You are probably never gonna experience good times again with Arsenal.

It's only football. It's not the end of the world. Where the game's headed, it could be I don't care at all in a few years.
No, we were a small European club who Wenger has turned into a potential super club, but our current owners and board people are old bank managers.
I don't disagree. Let's not belittle the club's history which there's plenty or what Wenger's done for the club, which is plenty.

Hunter Zolomon

You say this like it's easy to achieve.

In the last 20 years only Chelsea have won the European Cup, out of all the clubs who have previously never won it.

Even then, we were a Henry kick away.
but chelsea have gone through multiple managers with different philosophies. While we have not.

rich 1990

Wenger gets bashed loads for not winning the CL, but only Chelsea have bucked the trend by being the first team to be a new winner, in the last 20 years.

Even then, they needed a bunch of luck plus billions in investment.
I also think it's worth mentioning that, back in the day of when we were good in 01/02, there were two group stages which gave you a ****ing hell hole of a schedule, if you went far in the domestic cups which we did. And the last few years, oil clubs have made it doubly hard even though there's less games. Winning the hardest competition in the world is not a stick I'd beat him with although his record could be better.

rich 1990

He's not old, he's a young guy despite his old fashioned name.

Think Richard will see great times with Arsenal in the future.
It's got a history. Graham, that's just a lager lout's name, imo.

Bet there's some stinking names on here we don't know about.

Hunter Zolomon

Yeah, gone from one top manager to another, spending hundreds of millions.

Counter your argument by saying Wenger had no money for the most of his Arsenal career.
and in the past 8 years he couldnt figure out a way to challenge for the title but ranieri was able to win it despite his shorter period in leicester. With waaay less funds than arsenal mind you. Plus tottenham have pretty much caught up with us. Also with less money.

and in the past 8 years he couldnt figure out a way to challenge for the title but ranieri was able to win it despite his shorter period in leicester. With waaay less funds than arsenal mind you. Plus tottenham have pretty much caught up with us. Also with less money.

Interesting.

Maybe we should test to appoint Raniri and spend less money!

Taxi Driver

I'm confused about GDeep's real name. Gagandeep, Ganga D, Lord Brum or Graham.

It's Wum-Wum.

wun-wun.jpg

mm76

Yer Da
By the way, why isn't Danny Cowley on that list - he seems the type who might take a step down to a club with potential... ;)

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

my point remains the same, if ranieri can win it with less money and tottenham are clearly competing with less money. Why cant Wenger?
Think that is clear to everyone, although not everyone is willing to say it out loud due to various reasons. The time has passed him by. He is no longer a top manager and coach. His focus is no longer on finding the best players and fielding the best team game to game. He has become a money man focused on ensuring good return on equity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom