• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverCanuck

Yes mate, and a good response too when the OP suggests that people in lowly jobs don't get rewarded for being crap. Just pointing out that people at the top nearly always do.

It's also true that Wenger isn't in that club because he's been paid accordingly for meeting the board and the majority of shareholder's targets every year, else he would have been sacked by now. At the end of the day he's an employee however people like to spin it differently.
That's BS. To use your Mourinho analogy, when it is clear the team is no longer responding to him, and unable to turn things around, he was *gasp* fired from his job.

The same thing should happen to Wenger as well.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's BS. To use your Mourinho analogy, when it is clear the team is no longer responding to him, and unable to turn things around, he was *gasp* fired from his job.

The same thing should happen to Wenger as well.
Mourinho dropped to three places above the relegation zone. Wenger's never dropped out of the top 4.

If and when he does, it's then up to his employers to make a decision. They'll either sack him, or give him some leeway because of his record, or start an exit transition, or he'll walk. 3 of those 4 options involve change.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yet the only Brazilians he's been able to sign recently are of the Gabriel, Andre Santos, Denilson and Wellington Silva level.

Hell we even signed a want-to-be Brazilian from Côte d’Ivoire. :lol:

If you're a top Brazilian and you want to play in the PL you're going to Chelsea.

Yeah, you're going to Chelsea or City because that's where the money is.

We can't afford top young or established Brazilian talent.

Even when Liverpool signed Firminio most of AM thought he was over priced, and not many were keen on Coutinho.

Quality Brazilians have only come in since Chelsea and City won their lotteries.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
yes

everybody has respects for parvez you know i am huge business man in Bhopal im cheif exucative of Mumbai coproation
Pervez friend you are forgetting my request for the details of the bank? Long number, sort code, expiry date and number on the back thanking you sir. Quickly your internet is being bummed I will fix it please.

African Flair

Top Brazilians never spoke like this before Wenger.
So Wenger signs for two years, sell of a bunch of deadweight this summer and restock the squad to finish of the team with landing Neymar after WC18 and takes over the world.

I think I just called his master plan.

OShea's2010

Wenger to BeIN:
"We're suffering a lot at the moment, but if you take a little bit of distance and put things in perspective we are two games in hand, we are in the semi-finals of the [FA] cup against City. Our season will be decided will be how we respond to the difficult period we have."My job is to make 100% of people happy," he added. "If you look at where the club was when I arrived and where the club is today, I'm quite proud of what I've done but today we live in a period where people are very demanding, and I understand that.

"I know, as well, I have guided this club through very difficult periods, with very limited resources. I have always managed to get the best out of the team and that's what I will do as long as I am with Arsenal Football Club. People judge your work. My job is not to judge, my job is to produce. Let other people judge."

“We have good players and they are young players. We have a team that's very young. Overall I think the spirit is good, the structures are absolutely fantastic and the mental qualities inside the club.”

“For me Arsenal is the best club in the world and what we have built is absolutely remarkable, not only on the results front but on the values that this club, what we have built. Of course a football club is about winning, it's as well about values."

“Nobody talks about that anymore but sport is as well about values and I think integrity, respect, humility, togetherness are very important qualities and if you would visit our club you would see that they really exist on a daily basis. That is part of what I am proud as well.

“You can basically say that if you don't win the championship it is not a successful season and I can understand that but you take clubs like Liverpool and they have not won the Premier League, they are a big club."

“You have clubs like Man City, Man United, certainly the championship will be won by Chelsea so we have all, and no matter how many we are, Tottenham, all these clubs, every year only one will win it.”
'every year only one will win it' (not us though)

law90026

Established Member
Anyone listen to Footballistically Arsenal podcast? Josh Landy has got to be even more stubborn than Wenger. Just dismisses anyone who wants Wenger gone and offers zero arguments for why he should remain. Drives me mad.
Haha yeah it's crazy. I think part of it has to be an act just to get a reaction ... Right?

law90026

Established Member
Just about every CEO of every major company and bank who've messed up big style have been given a pay rise, or a huge severance or a massive pension. It's how the world works. The guy at the top is never to blame.

Mourinho got £8.3m from Chelsea for taking them to near the bottom of the league. Moyes got £5.2m for dropping United out of the top 4.

Wenger's never been out of the top 4 in 20 years, deserves every penny he's earned in such a high pressure job.

Back to stating BS again? People get paid when they are asked to leave because it's a contractual entitlement, not because it's a job well done. Mourinho and Moyes were paid because that was the amount either outstanding on their contracts or based on a compromise settlement.

CEOs get fired for underperforming. If you talk about banks, they have been incredibly shady for a long time which is why they have been hit by huge sanctions in recent times. Guess its an apt comparison to the club though.

VancouverCanuck

Mourinho dropped to three places above the relegation zone. Wenger's never dropped out of the top 4.
We are currently in 6th place. 19 pts behind the league leader and 6 pts out of 4th. So we ARE out of the top 4 at the moment. May I remind you Maureen was fired before the season was over. Are we now setting the bar so low that it would take a few places above relegation zone before our manager can be fired?

Clearly, finishing in the top 4 is enough for you. More importantly, that has been the ambition for the board all along. But many Arsenal fans like myself are fed up with fighting for top 4 year after year. At the very least, I expect us to be challenging for the title at this stage of the season.

Do you actually watch our games? Would you agree that not only have we stagnated, we have gone backwards compare to where we were 3 years ago? I am convinced myself that Wenger can take us no further. So what is the point of keeping him, unless you consider finishing in the top 4 is like winning a trophy?

BTW, Maureen won the league the year before he was fired. When was the last time Wenger won the league? Or at least mount a serious challenge for the title? If anything, Maureen has more about the treatment he got from the fans.

If and when he does, it's then up to his employers to make a decision.
I do agree with you about this. It should be the board making the decision and take away the contract offer. For all his accomplishment, Wenger must be a proud man. And the success and confidence have blinded him into thinking that he still has what it takes to win the title.

All other top teams, at least one that considers themselves to be a top team, would have fired the manager long time ago. Since our board is weak and have no ambition, it is up to the fans to voice their displeasure and drive Wenger out. I don't agree with the disrespectful comments about Wenger but I understand driving him out is the only way for us to move forward.

And I think Wenger might actually do better managing a different team. Being in a new environment could give him new perspective and he may be more receptive to new ideas. He has been in charge at Arsenal for so long that I don't think his decision making have been challenged enough.

law90026

Established Member
Might just be me but I get the impression that he's staying. What do you guys think?
Think the comments on Sanchez and Özil are the clearest sign of that. They are going to be sold as part of the "rebuild". Özil probably was right about the scapegoat thing.

Just watch, we will have tons of talk about signings, end up with some average young players and Wenger will say he needs another 3 years for it to come together.

VancouverCanuck

Think the comments on Sanchez and Özil are the clearest sign of that. They are going to be sold as part of the "rebuild". Özil probably was right about the scapegoat thing.

Just watch, we will have tons of talk about signings, end up with some average young players and Wenger will say he needs another 3 years for it to come together.
Another 3 years to keep fighting for top 4. Hurray!

African Flair

I'm fairly confident that Wenger very well knows that this club will implode if he isn't extremely aggressive this summer, a large number besides Özil and Alexis have to be replaced. What is questionable though at this moment is which rate of talent he is able to lure over to this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom