• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do you remember the Liverpool game last year at Anfield ? Ramsey and Theo pulling each other back in the box to going for the ball :lol:. At the the same time at least Ramsey keeps trying stuff , some of our squad just hand over responsibility when things are going crap.

I would be very happy with him handing over responsibility to someone else tbh, especially when it comes to shooting. He's such a bad finisher. :lol:
wonder if it is down to practice. Wonder if he has this 'good boy' image, but doesn't push himself enough.

heard that Lampard (someone I would compare Ramsey to) would be practicing even if it rained. Same with Ronaldo. Same with tevez.

Redknapp said:
“I’d be sitting in my office at West Ham, four in the afternoon, it would be getting dark, raining and I’d see somebody two hundred yards away,” he recalls. “At first I thought someone had climbed the fence.”

Closer scrutiny, however, revealed that the figure working away on his own was not a local interloper. It was someone much closer to Redknapp, his nephew Frank Lampard.

“It was him, always him,” says Redknapp of the young Lampard. “From 15, 16 [years of age], every time I looked out there, he’d be out there training. He’d be doing doggies, sprints, dribbling the ball in and out of cones. And shooting. Every single day. Without fail. He was at it from an early age. Still is. He trains harder than anyone I’ve ever seen by a million miles. He’s got a fantastic drive and determination. Far more than anyone else I’ve ever met in football, actually than anyone I've ever come across.”
Really puts it into perspective.

Jm89

Pointless player we are constantly questioning if he's good enough like manyothers.this only means one thing he's not, And should be should to West Brom

BobP

Memri Fan
"He is fine, it's not something that bothers him," said Gunter.

Maybe it would help if he was bothered, that's the bloody point, they've all being playing as if nothing bothers them -except Alexis . It's about time they gave themselves a kick up the whotsit, complacency rules.

Think he's just to stupid to care.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Podolski was too limited for Arsenal, or any other decent club for that matter.
Nonsense. Look at what he did in the German setup. It's not like Ramsey playing at an acceptable level for minnow in Walse. Podolski was brilliant for Germany who are an absolute top nation with top expecations. Any manager or club that can't find a way to incorporate a finisher as clinical as Poldi needs to look in the mirror.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39359824

Ramsey's boy sticking up for him.

tumblr_mkoq8oq6ph1s5v9zbo1_500.gif

During a international break? Yes
During matchweeks with AFC? Hell no :lol:

Check back before November :) "Oh boy could we have done with Rambo in this match " cue 10 likes .

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Nonsense. Look at what he did in the German setup. It's not like Ramsey playing at an acceptable level for minnow in Walse. Podolski was brilliant for Germany who are an absolute top nation with top expecations. Any manager or club that can't find a way to incorporate a finisher as clinical as Poldi needs to look in the mirror.

So Bayern need to look in the mirror because they couldn't incorporate Podolski? Now that's nonsense.

The guy came to us when he lost the last bit of speed he had, so his limitations became even more clear. He was not good enough for us in the end, he did well when he played, that's all.

For Germany, they simply did not have anyone better, but as soon as complete wingers like Reus came to town Poldi was reduced to a marginal player. Though, he had a great career for them, no doubt, I followed him closely way before he joined us.

InvertedFootballer

Poldi was just another guy in the list of players that could have improved our side had we changed our system to stop catering to Theo Walcott.

That list includes Gervinho, Ox and if he leaves soon, Mesut ****ing Özil. A world class player that fans expected fantastic football from once he started to link with the super clever movement of Walcott. The only problem? such clever movement doesn't exist, and after a couple of games Özil was actively avoiding the guy. Once he went down Özil could finally deliver what he was hired for, a trophy to end the drought for Arsenal.

Regarding Ramsey, his freedom is a tactical instruction and whenever he isn't around those runs are sorely missed. I don't know what we did to him and to Cazorla but now they can barely shoot on target let alone score, and that negates most of what we should get from that tactical instruction.

I actually want him to leave too, he has already proven his worth with Wales anyway, something I keep expecting the rest of our core to do. Now he took Wilshere's role and he struggles for consistent gametime, and at the end of the day we only got like half a season of world class from him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

When we bought Podolski he was banging in goals operating as a second striker. He could do a job on the flank and wasn't capable of playing as a 9 due to his lack of running in behind and movement. However if he was to be in a 4 4 2 or playing off a big man or a runner he could have been lethal. He is actually a very intelligent player who is very similar to Griezmann but never got the opportunity in his favoured position.

Just another case of playing someone out of position by Wenger. He gives Özil the freedom he should have given Arshavin.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
When we bought Podolski he was banging in goals operating as a second striker. He could do a job on the flank and wasn't capable of playing as a 9 due to his lack of running in behind and movement. However if he was to be in a 4 4 2 or playing off a big man or a runner he could have been lethal. He is actually a very intelligent player who is very similar to Griezmann but never got the opportunity in his favoured position.

Just another case of playing someone out of position by Wenger. He gives Özil the freedom he should have given Arshavin.

What a great lack of insight. Not surprising given it's by a guy who thinks Giroud and Coquelin are world class.

He was banging goals for a pub team like Köln ffs. Why would we give up our whole system for a limited nobody? He was a rubbish dribbler, not creative, not a good passer, not good with his back goal, etc. That Griezmann comparison though, priceless.

"Just another case of playing someone out of position by Wenger"... :lol::lol::lol: yeah, give Wenger the fault. Nah man, it's just another case of you talking out of your arse. As if another position/formation would've covered for his lack of overall game. Hilarious thinking.

As for your last line, Özil is levels above Arshavin as a no. 10. Besides we had Fabregas, Rvp, Nasri. Plenty of players who could've that freedom your making up that Özil apparently gets. On top of that Arshavin mostly played wide.

BBF

Fitness was his only issue. Whenever he could play he was brilliant for us. The only thing mediocre about him was his durability. He deserved better than his body gave him.

Not really. He was only good in a few games off the trot, and he then slumped back to average form.

He was one of the most overrated players to ever play at Arsenal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

wonder if it is down to practice. Wonder if he has this 'good boy' image, but doesn't push himself enough.

heard that Lampard (someone I would compare Ramsey to) would be practicing even if it rained. Same with Ronaldo. Same with tevez.

Really puts it into perspective.
So many stories like that. I like this one.
RVP on watching Bergkamp come back from injury.

Bergkamp and the two youth team players are involved in a complicated practice that involves passing, receiving and finishing as Van Persie looks on from the Jacuzzi. Robin Van Persie decides that he will get out of the jacuzzi the minute Dennis Bergkamp makes a mistake. The following is Van Persie's own words as he recalls the day in question.

"It was a 45-minute session and there wasn't one pass that Dennis gave that wasn't perfect. He did everything 100%, to the max, shooting as hard as possible, controlling, playing, direct passing...That was so beautiful!. To me it was plainly art. My hands got all wrinkled in the bath, but I just sat there watching. I sat and watched and I waited, looking for one single mistake. The mistake never came, and that was the answer for me. Watching that training session answered so many questions I had. I can pass the ball well also, I'm a good player too, but this man did it so well and with such drive. He had such a total focus. I found myself thinking, OK wait a minute, I can play football well enough, but I've still got an enormous step to take to reach that level. That's when I realised that if I wanted to become really good I had to be able to do that too. From that moment on I started to do every exercise with total commitment. Every simple pass or kicking practice, I done everything at 100% just so I wouldn't make mistakes. When I made mistakes I was angry because I wanted to be like Bergkamp".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom