• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
"Özil, if he had half of what Dele Alli has got, that nasty streak, he would be ten times a better player than what he is. He hasn't got what Alli has got."

Funny how Xhaka's 'nasty streak' is used against him.

mm76

Yer Da
"Özil, if he had half of what Dele Alli has got, that nasty streak, he would be ten times a better player than what he is. He hasn't got what Alli has got."

true although i actually think Xhaka isn't 'nasty' in the way Alli is - he's just a bit clumsy when he's asked to do things he's not best at and without adequate coaching - all he gets is Wenger openly criticising him in press conferences, without any apparent realisation that it's Wenger's own effing job to make sure he's sorting it out

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Xhaka is clumsy rather than nasty. Anyone who says he has a nasty streak doesn't really know what they're talking about. Xhaka can't even be described as a tough tackler either. 'Nasty' streaks do nobody favours, so Lee is talking from his anus again. Having a nasty streak doesn't make up for a lack of application or desire.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
Xhaka is clumsy rather than nasty. Anyone who says he has a nasty streak doesn't really know what they're talking about. Xhaka can't even be described as a tough tackler either. 'Nasty' streaks do nobody favours, so Lee is talking from his anus again. Having a nasty streak doesn't make up for a lack of application or desire.
Maybe Dixon should have said ruthless.

arsmile

Established Member

haha

that's some maths...so alli as got two halves of his own nastiness so he must be twenty times the player of Özil...so if Özil is a 7/10 player then alli is 140/10

that's fair

Hunter Zolomon

and just ,like that you missed the point of the statement. Dele at 20 is more of a man on the pitch than mesut Özil. You think that dele would cower like Özil does, or hide from taking responsibility. Keep it real he is mentally tougher than Özil and at 20 has fought his way into the Sp**s first team. I wish our youngster where more like him. Maybe we wouldnt be so quick to down tools whenever the going gets tough.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Keep it real he is mentally tougher than Özil and at 20 has fought his way into the Sp**s first team.
He's 21 in two and a half weeks. Özil at 21 moved abroad and went to the biggest club in the world. He went onto establish himself as arguably the 2nd best player at the club and became a key player for a perennial Euros/World Cup contender. That takes more mental strength, unless playing for media darlings Tottenham and the England NT is more pressure than Real Madrid and Germany.

On top of that he moved abroad again to Arsenal, got critcised heavily in 2014 and still managed to come back the following year with one of the great PL seasons in terms of creativity. If he was weak as you say he is, he'd have left instead of sticking around to prove himself in England.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
and just ,like that you missed the point of the statement. Dele at 20 is more of a man on the pitch than mesut Özil. You think that dele would cower like Özil does, or hide from taking responsibility. Keep it real he is mentally tougher than Özil and at 20 has fought his way into the Sp**s first team. I wish our youngster where more like him. Maybe we wouldnt be so quick to down tools whenever the going gets tough.

An absolute poverty post.

Hunter Zolomon

He's 21 in two and a half weeks. Özil at 21 moved abroad and went to the biggest club in the world. He went onto establish himself as arguably the 2nd best player at the club and became a key player for a perennial Euros/World Cup contender. That takes more mental strength, unless playing for media darlings Tottenham and the England NT is more pressure than Real Madrid and Germany.

On top of that he moved abroad again to Arsenal, got critcised heavily in 2014 and still managed to come back the following year with one of the great PL seasons in terms of creativity. If he was weak as you say he is, he'd have left instead of sticking around to prove himself in England.
erm, but things where easy for him right? i mean isnt the argument about Özil his attitude? or are making the mistake of thinking that because i think that dele alli is tougher mentally than Özil that must mean that i also think he is more talented than Özil.
The boy is a fighter, Özil is not. Please tell me who you would rather have in your team when the chips are down, Özil the guy who seems to go missing when the going gets tough or the guy who gets going when the going gets tough.
That is the problem with arsenal we rather have pretty, technical players rather than practical and effective.

Impact

Established Member

I'm quite critical about our lack of retention of our ex-pros post retirement but increasingly I think we have a pool of idiots to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom