• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs West Ham | 05/04/2017| 19:45 BST

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mm76

Yer Da
I am not sure why it took so long for Wenger to start Elneny

there's the rub - Wenger was forced into some of the changes that paid off last night.

i went to the game not knowing what to expect but certainly got my money's worth

we now have to hope Wenger realises what he's on to and sticks with that lineup for a while.

A few points on players:

- Monreal had another blinder and should have had a penalty - Atkinson was awful last night

- really impresed with Martinez, who didn't have tons to do but make two good saves with no eccentricities or messing about

- Welbeck worked hard and was applauded loudly when subbed, but he really needs to get a goal somehow to remind him how it's done as his timing's really off

- Elneny and Xhaka worked really well together

- Gabriel was superb

- "we've got Özil"... :lol:

- Alexis was our worst player in terms of giving the ball away, but obviously the backheel to Özil for Walcott's goal made up for it ;)

credit to W Ham btw - they didn't just park the bus they played positively, although we could have done without all that barging our players around (which was ignored by Atkinson)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
there's the rub - Wenger was forced into some of the changes that paid off last night.

i went to the game not knowing what to expect but certainly got my money's worth

we now have to hope Wenger realises what he's on to and sticks with that lineup for a while.

A few points on players:

- Monreal had another blinder and should have had a penalty - Atkinson was awful last night

- really impresed with Martinez, who didn't have tons to do but make two good saves with no eccentricities or messing about

- Welbeck worked hard and was applauded loudly when subbed, but he really needs to get a goal somehow to remind him how it's done as his timing's really off

- Elneny and Xhaka worked really well together

- Gabriel was superb

- "we've got Özil"... :lol:

- Alexis was our worst player in terms of giving the ball away, but obviously the backheel to Özil for Walcott's goal made up for it ;)

credit to W Ham btw - they didn't just park the bus they played positively, although we could have done without all that barging our players around (which was ignored by Atkinson)
Couldn't watch the game last night, recorded MOTD and watched it this morning.

In the highlights we looked much improved,but it's not always easy to tell. Your post confirms what I thought, that Elneny and Xhaka looked so much better in midfield.

karl

In the highlights we looked much improved,but it's not always easy to tell. Your post confirms what I thought, that Elneny and Xhaka looked so much better in midfield.
That is right. Elneny is the oil that makes the midfield engine work. Not spectacular, but considerably more productive than Coquelin's one dimensional approach. Hopefully this midfield can get a run of games to see what happens.

The only thing that worries me is that this team generally relax after a couple of wins take the pressure off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Solid game but think it looked better than usual because of the opponent, we ll see next few games if there really is improvement.
We didn't look great at 1st half. The 2nd half was the best we play since long time ago we still need too much improvement

BobP

Memri Fan
Can't believe Walcott was captain for this game..

Representative of the state of our club and playing list.

mm76

Yer Da

we started with good energy but the first half went stale for a while with us going back to sideways passing ad infinitum outside their area, but we had more purpose towards the end of that half and were more direct in the second

people really started finding their touch and there was some good play

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That is right. Elneny is the oil that makes the midfield engine work. Not spectacular, but considerably more productive than Coquelin's one dimensional approach. Hopefully this midfield can get a run of games to see what happens.

The only thing that worries me is that this team generally relax after a couple of wins take the pressure off.
Coquelin played in the 5-1 win at West Ham's ground this season, which is arguably our best performance of the season. Not saying it was because of Coquelin alone...

The only reason our midfield looked any good was because West Ham were ****ing awful. This always happens. Elneny doesn't make anything 'stick' imo. If he did, it wouldnt only happen when we're utterly dominant.

mm76

Yer Da
Tbe only reason our midfield looked any good was because West Ham were ****ing awful.

slightly harsh - i was thinking W Ham were going to be crossing the ball into Carroll all night but let's face it we didn't give them the chance - so that's surely down to us keeping the ball well (except for Sanchez..)

i'll admit Xhaka was given a lot of space though and it could be people will look to close him down more in future

the real test will be Palace away - if we win that i'll start to believe we can make the sacred Top Four place...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
slightly harsh - i was thinking W Ham were going to be crossing the ball into Carroll all night but let's face it we didn't give them the chance - so that's surely down to us keeping the ball well (except for Sanchez..)

i'll admit Xhaka was given a lot of space though and it could be people will look to close him down more in future

the real test will be Palace away - if we win that i'll start to believe we can make the sacred Top Four place...
And an FA Cup win. ;)

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I don't like how overboard some of us go to bash Walcott without any reason and despite him being one of our most productive players this term. And him getting the armband last night wasn't really a big deal since he is our longest serving player. I had my doubts but he carried himself very well yesterday and our most dangerous players yesterday.

mm76

Yer Da
I don't like how overboard some of us go to bash Walcott without any reason and despite him being one of our most productive players this term. And him getting the armband last night wasn't really a big deal since he is our longest serving player. I had my doubts but he carried himself very well yesterday and our most dangerous players yesterday.

i just think people have been watching him for a long time and feel he's underachieved, has looked too self-satisfied and has often gone missing in games - but if he really puts a lot of work in until the end of the season he might start winning more people over

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Yeah, tbh I don't see big difference between Walcott and Koscielny in terms of leadership.

4R5Emaniac

i just think people have been watching him for a long time and feel he's underachieved, has looked too self-satisfied and has often gone missing in games - but if he really puts a lot of work in until the end of the season he might start winning more people over
He has been doing that for most of the season though. Trust me when I say that there was a point I would genuinely be elated if we'd release him from his contract. He was bad and I hated him. Not this season though. You have to be fair.

4R5Emaniac

Yeah, tbh I don't see big difference between Walcott and Koscielny in terms of leadership.
Well I prefer Koscielny since he is a CB and one of our main players. Theo having it was just that a decision had to be taken due to absentees and since he is our longest serving player in a good age and in a good state playing wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom