• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I've not been overly impressed with Simeone in recent years, although the club has still done well.

We have a great set up at the club from the owner to the CEO to the DoF and that has helped Simeone out massively. Guys like Andrea Berta have created a winning culture at boardroom level that's filtered through.

If we bring just Simeone over and stick him in Wenger's role, I don't think we're suddenly going to rocket up the table and start reaching CL finals. The culture here is one of revenue, not of really going out and competing and I don't think that'll change with a new manager.

There needs to be a massive reset this summer, I worry just changing a manager is plastering over the cracks.

Having said that, would Monchi really be a good fit in that regard?

Don't know much about him, but would he be a good fit as far as creating that drive/healthy winning mentality we need from the top brass? Seeing that he's made so much out of player sales, coming to Arsenal - who's not a selling club anymore, but is very heavily business first, seems like a good fit for a bad situation.

Jm89

Giving 8M to Wenger doesn't mean we will offer it to another man. Wenger worked 20 years to get that.

Guys like Valverde or Tuchel will accept less than half of that to come here.

Why settle for these?? Aim big allegri or Simone need to be at this club the two mentioned are not the name we need

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

What do we need? A clean break for starters. Withdraw the contract offer & deny him the privilige of having a say on who his successor should be.

Taking action whilst disregarding that important step renders the replacement issue a moot point otherwise.

DesiGooner

A number of good options out there, anyone of which could do a better job than Wenger. Need a proper Director of Football along with new manager to start moving the club in the right direction.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

My first choice was and will be Mr. Allegri. Small chances, but if somehow, he will end up as next season's Arsenal manager, I would kiss Gazidis bald head.
I would kiss his bald bollocks, but it's really not going to happen anyway.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Recent rumours were suggesting Allegri would stay.

I doubt we can get him with the timeline Wenger and whoever want for the decision.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No manager in their prime is coming into this mess, you think it's bad now? Wait until another £200m has been spent by Wenger in the next two summer windows.

We're getting a young manager like Howe, A German or an ex player or we're getting a pensioner like Hodgson.

regniw

Life after Wenger is Wilshere and Walcott fully embodying this club.

So no life after Wenger for me thank you very much.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
No manager in their prime is coming into this mess, you think it's bad now? Wait until another £200m has been spent by Wenger in the next two summer windows.

We're getting a young manager like Howe, A German or an ex player or we're getting a pensioner like Hodgson.

If the choice is Wenger or Hodgson, heck even I am wenger in

Kingslayer

Forza Milan

Stewart Houston, mate.

Yeah we will have to do like Liverpool and take a risk on some average manager from German or France division.

What ever we do we need to back the next manager. It will take more than a season to clean up that mess.

I'm talking about even if the new manager gave all players puppies and told them to take care of them for week and then ask them to kill the puppies. It would still be a long way to go for players to get courage or become more mentally tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom