• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
no i'd be interested in an alternative case, but as i say i genuinely saw him do a bad job at Moan U and you have to judge someone by his last work, also his demeanour etc just didn't strike me as what we need right now
Edited my post again but I can't deny that he was a roaring success at Man Utd. However there were successes in that too that I think could bring something special to us in the longterm.

DesiGooner

Would like to see what a new manager could do with him and at the very least he helps fulfill the homegrown quota. But what we can say for sure is that he is not the man to lead our line.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I like him. Think he is more useful than any of our own English talents.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Watching some of the forwards on display in the Champions League this week made me cry tears how far we've fallen behind the elite. In fact the whole Premier League has because players like Dybala, Mbappe, Benzema, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Higuain, Suarez, Aubameyang, Lewandowski even Cavani are all superior to Kane, Ibra, Costa, Lukaku and Aguero right now, who are the best centre forwards we have to offer in the PL.

When Wenger came out with the statement this season that his current lot was the best collection of strikers he's had, I realized he's completely lost the plot. We are struggling in a league that in itself is struggling. It's time to raise the bar again, and that means refusing to accept that we can't do better than Welbeck, Walcott and Giroud.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Watching some of the forwards on display in the Champions League this week made me cry tears how far we've fallen behind the elite. In fact the whole Premier League has because players like Dybala, Mbappe, Benzema, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Higuain, Suarez, Aubameyang, Lewandowski even Cavani are all superior to Kane, Ibra, Costa, Lukaku and Aguero right now, who are the best centre forwards we have to offer in the PL.

When Wenger came out with the statement this season that his current lot was the best collection of strikers he's had, I realized he's completely lost the plot. We are struggling in a league that in itself is struggling. It's time to raise the bar again, and that means refusing to accept that we can't do better than Welbeck, Walcott and Giroud.
It's the same with central midfield. The best CM in the Premier League is Kante - a box to box ball winner. He doesn't hold a torch to Kroos, Modric, Verratti, Vidal, Alonso, Iniesta and Pjanic. We lack a single top regista or just general midfield playmaker. Our best are Silva and Cazorla, one's only just started being converted into a CM whilst the other's losing his legs. We're never going to dominate midfields and games in Europe with elite teams with such poverty midfield options. Pogba has potential, obviously though to be fair.

ARSNLNO1

As others have stated he's nothing more than a back up option upfront. I personally think he offers more when played on the left. I would like to see him and Sanchez swapped.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yep. If we want to get back to the top, we need to get rid of these limited wasters.

Rather a young kid like Mavididi or Nketiah got minutes instead of players who will never be top class. Time to get rid of the likes of Gibbs and Welbeck and bring younger players in with higher ceilings.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yep. If we want to get back to the top, we need to get rid of these limited wasters.

Rather a young kid like Mavididi or Nketiah got minutes instead of players who will never be top class. Time to get rid of the likes of Gibbs and Welbeck and bring younger players in with higher ceilings.

I think this would be a sensible course of action. Look at how Monaco have transformed in 3 years with talents at their disposal. The closest we've come to a title in the Emirates era was led by a bunch of super talented kids. If we can't compete financially with the big boys for the cream of the crop then we need to get in and hoover up some of the best talents, assuring them that if they shine in the U/23's then they will get a chance in the 1sts. We have too many cloggers in our squad when we could be filling it with more youthful talents.

You could have one rule - the spine has to be loaded with top quality, experienced pros (GK, CB, CM, CF), the rest of the positions can be fought out by talented youth.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Anyone tracking dannys whereabouts on social media today?

Could have sworn i saw him this morning close to that giant horsehead

eye4goal

Established Member
He seems to lack the know-how that you need if you're not the most naturally gifted player. Players like Costa and Lukaku aren't the cleanest technically, but they have good instincts, and also know how to use their physique and pace to bully defenders. You'd think some of it can be coached. but Welbeck is 26 and he's worked with Ferguson and Wenger.

Against Palace Monreal played a fantastic cross at around 9 mins(before Elneny's shot). Welbeck was standing behind the second CB(who cleared) instead of making the run in the space between the two CBs where the ball arrived. There's been afew situations like that particularly with Monreal who's getting in behind once or twice every game with Sanchez coming inside.

Giroud

Established Member
Agree with those that are sick of these limited, 15 million pound signings that are near their peak. Earlier in Wenger's career he wouldn't have gone near Welbeck, Perez, Elneny or resigned Mertesacker.

Screams of a lack of planning and real short term thinking which again is opposite to what Wenger is known for. If Wenger needed back up why did he sign these lads who are good, but don't have not much improvement in them. Why not sign some young talent who can provide cover and then develop into first team material?

It's almost as if Wenger gambled on these stop gap solutions to win a title before retiring and now we're facing the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom