• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Arsenal vs Manchester City| 23rd April at 15:00 (GMT)

What two teams will reach the final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHOPS

Citeh aren't better than us we can beat them with the right attitude,as for the Middlesex mob we can beat them too don't forget the final's not until next month a lot can happen between now and then especially a Spuds collapse!
2-1 to us on Sunday!

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Dude, you said... and I quote "What difference does it make which side they are on"... So being a lefty on a right flank didn't cross your mind. Saying something like that makes you look clueless about the sport. Of course it matters which side they are on. Gibbs has hardly ever played on the right side has he... When have you seen Bellerin on the left? Not much...

If you don't want the "response of a 14 year old" then clarify yourself like an adult instead of making ambiguous statements and then getting butthurt that everybody thinks you're *.
Are you stupid? When did I say Gibbs could play on the right? If you read what I wrote, you'd see I had Gibbs on the left so I'm not sure where you got that from... in fact, here's the line up I posted:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -- Ospina
- - - - Mustafi - - - Koscielny - - - Gabriel
Bellerin - - - Coquelin - - - Xhaka - - - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - Özil - - - - - Ramsey
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Alexis
*Gibbs and Gabriel highlighted since you obviously have trouble identifying them.

I was responding to the guy who said that Gabriel couldn't play on the left side of the back 3 when Gibbs is playing LB, which there is absolutely no evidence or basis for because we've never seen it before.

Next time try reading the whole conversation properly before you butt in and try to make yourself look like a badass over the internet.

mm76

Yer Da
I don't believe that to be honest. They will know full well that all form goes out the window and means nothing on a cup final day at Wembley.

yes anything in theory can happen, but IMO it's pushing to say 'all form goes out the window' - i think form is still a guide

they'd only be worried if we really blow away Citeh and i can't see that happening

mm76

Yer Da
It would be tricky yes, but not a foregone conclusion that they would win.

of course not i'm just saying i know who i think would win - tbh if it ends up being s*uds v us i really don't know if i would even watch it (well ok i would but i'd have to really make myself)

Last edited:

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Sorry but this is so wide of the mark - he's been a standout player recently, your knowledge is out-of date - it's Bellerin who's been exposing us on the other side

Gibbs is well below first-choice level, that's accepted by most arsenal fans I know

And most players do better on one side than the other, especially defenders, this is widely known and accepted
Cool, fair play that's your opinion and I respect it. I personally feel that Monreal has been a disaster for 90% of the season, and was abysmal against Middlesbrough on the weekend.

I do, however, invite you tell me when you've ever seen Gabriel play on the left side of a back three in order to say that he can't play there. I assume you think this because he's right footed?

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
of course not i;m jsut saying i know who i think woudl win - tbh if it ends up being s*uds v us i really don't know if i would even watch it (well ok i would but i'd hav to really make myself)
I agree, on paper they would be favourites,but if our bloody team turned up and played, they could give anyone a game.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I was responding to the guy who said that Gabriel couldn't play on the left side of the back 3 when Gibbs is playing LB, which there is absolutely no evidence or basis for because we've never seen it before.
Which is why it is the dumbest formation ever! It is one thing to change the formation mid-season. But then to 'experiment' with players out of position is just *. Gabriel is clearly not great technically which is what you need if your weak foot is touching the byline every time we get caught up field with Gibbs further ahead than Alexis. Or in your formation Ramsey.... EVEN WORSE. As Troopz would say "****ing Ramsey, blud?"

Red&Dreadjm

We're ****e at present and the only wins we've had since I lost my baby teeth are against relegation candidates and teams not good enough to be in the league. That tells you where exactly we are at present.

The only thing in our favour is that City can be atrocious at the back and we do actually have some very talented players. However, on the flip side we have a manager that is outwitted pretty much every time by any manager with some tactical nous and a semi-decent team.

Of course I want us to win but I reckon we'll be valiant losers here.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Mustafi is injured for this so same as vs Boro I guess. I wouldn't mind seeing AMN in MF. It's a gamble but we need someone switched on MF.

Impact

Established Member
Think we'll return to a variation of 4-3-3 tomorrow. Wenger's rationale for three at the back was to deal with our aerial vulnerability, which won't be a problem against City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom