• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What games do you play right now?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I want to play a game with a great storyline, action, adventure. Strategic as well. Trouble is my laptop is likely to support such a game or not I'm not certain. Ran Fifa16 fine with a few adjustments and overlooking some issues.

If you like turned based combat you might enjoy x-com, also Valkyria Chronicles is kinda like a weeb version of X-Com. Set in WW 2 and with cell shaded graphics.

Both should run on you laptop.

Also, Shadowrun Returns if pretty fun (and in the same ball park).

El Duderino

No, I just bought DS 3 & going to finish that 1st. What a great series of games though. Can't wait to buy the DLC but need to finish this first.

I just spent the better part of two days trying to beat the Nameless King Solo........almost as hard as my Chartered Accountancy exams to be honest! Praise the Sun!

He's a bad muthfucka!
images

uuuuugh I saw a video of it and that fight seems to be so aids.

Reminded me a lot of Ludvig of Bloodborne. Full aggro, non-stop forward dodging. Fun times.

Red&Dreadjm

uuuuugh I saw a video of it and that fight seems to be so aids.

Reminded me a lot of Ludvig of Bloodborne. Full aggro, non-stop forward dodging. Fun times.
I'd love to play Bloodborne but it's only on PS4 and I'm a PC guy.

TNK fight really was a challenge & I actually had to turn down the sound so that I could just concentrate on the dude's moves in order to eventually beat him. I'd get too wound up otherwise.....:eek:ops::D

El Duderino

I'd love to play Bloodborne but it's only on PS4 and I'm a PC guy.

TNK fight really was a challenge & I actually had to turn down the sound so that I could just concentrate on the dude's moves in order to eventually beat him. I'd get too wound up otherwise.....:eek:ops::D

I know the feeling. Almost broke my controller fighting Manus.

Find a friend that has a ps4. Bloodborne is very, very good. Very DS1-ish in it's level design.

It's also a very welcome change of pace from the first two Dark Souls. There is no defensive play, no shields. The game actively teaches you that you have to be as aggro as the bosses and mobs, having that window to gain health back by going berserk on an enemy was genius. Running away or dodging backwards will get you killed.

Proper DLC, too. The Ludvig fight was the second hardest for me in the game (12ish tries). About 30 tries on my hardest in a boss on the main quest.

It made me completely change the way I play DS. Two handing/light rolling much more and once I get ds3 I'll probably go dual wield/full fashion souls.

Red&Dreadjm

I know the feeling. Almost broke my controller fighting Manus.

Find a friend that has a ps4. Bloodborne is very, very good. Very DS1-ish in it's level design.

It's also a very welcome change of pace from the first two Dark Souls. There is no defensive play, no shields. The game actively teaches you that you have to be as aggro as the bosses and mobs, having that window to gain health back by going berserk on an enemy was genius. Running away or dodging backwards will get you killed.

Proper DLC, too. The Ludvig fight was the second hardest for me in the game (12ish tries). About 30 tries on my hardest in a boss on the main quest.

It made me completely change the way I play DS. Two handing/light rolling much more and once I get ds3 I'll probably go dual wield/full fashion souls.
I'm constantly getting whacked when I play PvP in DS3 and I think part of that is because I'm not aggressive enough. Most of the DS3 bosses I'd fight two handing a weapon but some it's good to have a shield in case they catch you and one-hit you to oblivion (Pontiff Sulyvahn being one).

DS3 is such a great game and the online play is just amazing imo (but I'm a real newb when it comes to online multi-player games). My PvP experience has been rather humbling and at time very frustrating but as they keep saying, you've just got to "git gud", although experience teaches you what builds and weapons are best for PvP.

They do say that the Gehrman is the hardest out of the Soulsborne series

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Mafia. Thank me later (unless you know it already) :)
Cheers for that. I have played Mafia2 and enjoyed it a lot. Badly wanted to play 3 but won't run on my laptop. For one reason or another I haven't been able to play the first one.
If you like turned based combat you might enjoy x-com, also Valkyria Chronicles is kinda like a weeb version of X-Com. Set in WW 2 and with cell shaded graphics.

Both should run on you laptop.

Also, Shadowrun Returns if pretty fun (and in the same ball park).
Thanks, will check them out. Any suggestions where I can download them from?

El Duderino

Cheers for that. I have played Mafia2 and enjoyed it a lot. Badly wanted to play 3 but won't run on my laptop. For one reason or another I haven't been able to play the first one.

Thanks, will check them out. Any suggestions where I can download them from?

TPB most likely if you want to download a ~digital~ copy. They're also often on sale on steam and I think there's a big one coming up.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
had a burst of FM '17 for two months before laying off games for the last few.

Now, trying to decide between Cities: Skylines and XCOM.

E

Enoch

I have Cities: Skylines, haven't been on it for a bit though, if you like those types of games you'll enjoy it, i did, i might jump back on it now that you've mentioned it.

There's a mod that unlocks i believe 30 tiles, so you can build a proper big city from the start in stead of having to unlock them.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have Cities: Skylines, haven't been on it for a bit though, if you like those types of games you'll enjoy it, i did, i might jump back on it now that you've mentioned it.

There's a mod that unlocks i believe 30 tiles, so you can build a proper big city from the start in stead of having to unlock them.
thank you :)

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@blaze_of_glory if you are interested in Vikings story, and turn base strategy with human characters, you might want to look at Expeditions : Vikings on Steam.
Very good indie game IMO, and has a much better story than many AAA games too (has similarity to Viking the Series tho)

Top Bottom