• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I could edit it for you brother for a small fee ;) . Something like "think Ox is best utilised as a wing back in a 3-4-3 " let me know .
I will take that under consideration. ;)

Tbf, I've been banging the Ox drum for most of the season. I see something different in him this season, steel, he still makes mistakes but he's not the timid little boy anymore. And damn he's talented.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
From Sami Mokbel in the Mail:
Arsenal are preparing to make Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain the latest member of their £100,000-per-week club.

Talks over a new five-year deal are set to get underway as the club look to keep hold of their talented England international.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has emerged as one of Arsène Wenger’s most important players in recent weeks - his brilliant display in Sunday’s euphoric FA Cup semi-final win over Manchester City underlining his growing status within the Gunners squad.

But there are major fears behind-the-scenes at Arsenal that they could be forced to sell Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer given his uncertain contractual situation.

The 23-year-old has just over 12 months to run on his existing deal meaning he can leave the Emirates Stadium on a free transfer at the end of next season.

And the Gunners are desperate to secure the long-term future of their midfielder and ready to offer him in-excess of £100,000-per-week to ensure he stays.

The new pay-deal would see Oxlade-Chamberlain more than double his current £50,000-per-week contract.

Arsenal have traditionally shown a reluctance to pay in-excess of £100,000-per-week to players with only a small clutch of their squad, including Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Özil and Theo Walcott, in that pay bracket.

But the willingness of the Gunners to go beyond that mark for Oxlade-Chamberlain’s underlines his growing importance to the club’s future.

Finances, though, will not be the only issue for Oxlade-Chamberlain, who has impressed in a new right-wing back role in recent weeks, when it comes to deciding his next move.

The Arsenal star has become a regular for Wenger in recent weeks and feels he is now at an age where he needs to be playing regular first-team football.

The forthcoming talks are likely to prove critical in persuading the Gunners star that his long-term future remains in north London.

Arsenal have left themselves in a risky position regarding his future after allowing the former Southampton man to run down his existing deal.

Indeed, they could be forced to sell Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer if they cannot agree fresh terms to ensure he doesn’t leave for nothing in 2018.

Liverpool have a serious interest in the former Southampton man, while both Manchester clubs are also plotting swoops.

All that means the ball is now firmly in Arsenal’s court, with the club knowing full well Oxlade-Chamberlain has top level suitors going into the summer transfer window.

Furthermore, Oxlade-Chamberlain is unlikely to want any uncertainty over his future going into next season and will be keen to bring a swift conclusion to the decision over his future.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I can't understand this wage offer.
He'd be in the top 5 of our biggest wages without being in the top 5 of our most important player.

Where's the logic?
Just because he's been pretty good during last game doesn't mean he deserves that raise.
Ox is currently at best a squad player. Who is injury prone & inconsistent as hell.

RoadrunnerReloaded

Not a priority at all. I've been deceived before by a few good matches and betting on "potential" before and Ox doesn't really impress me as long term quality.

But realistically we have to evaluate who needs to be moved on first. A lot of fans believe that its smarter to keep Ox and sell Ramsey and/or Wilshere instead.

Its not intelligent to keep all three and we can't realistically sell all three this summer so it comes down to which ones have to go first. Personally I'm not convinced by Ox at all. He will never reach a level close to this vague potential and he will also be an inconsistent utility player that is never really good enough. However I think he might be more useful than Ramsey or Wilshere next year so I would say keep him but its definitely not a priority.

Only priority should be keeping Alexis rather than overrated former potential.
I am more just resigned to keep Ox as he looks like he could contribute more as a squad player than Aaron or Jack.

sammyvine

Alex Ox - 100k a week
Jesse Lingard - 100k a week

Dele Alli - 50k a week
Harry Kane - 100k a week

How the hell do Sp**s do it? Alli is probably the best young player in the world and he's 'only'on 50k whilst mediocre players like Ox are on 100k. What has Ox done to deserve that money?

sammyvine

He'd be in the top 5 of our biggest wages without being in the top 5 of our most important player.

Where's the logic?
Just because he's been pretty good during last game doesn't mean he deserves that raise.
Ox is currently at best a squad player. Who is injury prone & inconsistent as hell.
Typical Arsenal
Same way they gave Walcott over 100k when he's a squad player at best.
Earning the same as Harry Kane. Let that sink in.

TheIceman85

Where's the logic?

As you've stuck your neck out there do you mind if I ask who you think is our top 5 most important players? It was quite a confident statement so obviously you've put some thought in to it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Typical Arsenal
Same way they gave Walcott over 100k when he's a squad player at best.
Earning the same as Harry Kane. Let that sink in.

Wait wasn't Walcott's 100k contract given after his best season with us, along with him being the last high-profile (at the time) player that was looking out the door?

RoadrunnerReloaded

As you've stuck your neck out there do you mind if I ask who you think is our top 5 most important players? It was quite a confident statement so obviously you've put some thought in to it.

I am not the one you asked but currently and moving forward I would say

Alexis, Özil, Kos, Monreal and Giroud are the five most important this season.

Moving forward I'd say Xhaka, Mustafi, Cazorla, Walcott are more important all for different reasons.

For 100K+ though? no thanks. He can walk. No way is he worth that much in wages for us.

Fallout

i agree with the comparison to victor moses. ox is insanely athletic and can go past anybody if he has enough space to run into. thats a big reason why he looks great in deeper positions. his problems are all in the box, hes so inconsistent in there. sometimes he'll produce an insane finish, but most times he's disappointing and you get the feeling he has a ways to go to become a real goal scorer. i wouldnt say hes worth 100k right now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Alli best young player in England sure, the world he doesn't even come close.

Yeah, the Premier League has fallen off massively - he's becoming vastly overrated. He was found out in the Euros and CL. Monaco alone have about 4 young players I'd take over him. Perfect player to exposes our inability to track runners from deep on Sunday though.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

I'd say Koscielny Alexis Monreal Cazorla (even if he's been injured for the past 2 years) & maybe Giroud (as much as I don't rate him, he's been one of the very few who has been pretty consistent since we signed him).

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd say Koscielny Alexis Monreal Cazorla (even if he's been injured for the past 2 years) & maybe Giroud (as much as I don't rate him, he's been one of the very few who has been pretty consistent since we signed him).

Koscielny, Alexis and Cazorla I'll gove you. Giroud? Meh. We were doing far better in his absence. Monreal has sucked all season. He's played better as a wingback where his 1-on-1 defending is less of an issue.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Koscielny, Alexis and Cazorla I'll gove you. Giroud? Meh. We were doing far better in his absence. Monreal has sucked all season. He's played better as a wingback where his 1-on-1 defending is less of an issue.

Monreal has been as bad as the rest of the team. Even Koscielny has been average since January. So I won't hold this against him.

Giroud I agree. He's an average player. And I hate his style. But since 2012, he's been pretty reliable. Few injuries. He scores 15/20 goals/year. He's consistent.
But that says much about what I think of the rest of the team :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom