• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Arsenal vs Manchester United | 7th May 16:00 (BST) | Sky Sports 1

Do you care anymore?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Love Lauren, proper nutter on the pitch who still bleeds red and white.

Need more of this kind of spirit in the current team.

003F38C81000044C-3085030-image-m-18_1431855566609.jpg

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We won't finish 4th imo, City and Liverpool won't drop that much points.

Europa league for us

We wont catch City but Pool's next game is away to West Ham next Sun. We will play 2 games before that, we just have to keep winning and hope West Ham win. Even a draw would be enough providing we win all 4 games. Not impossible but bloody tough to pull off.

If we win all 4 = 75 pts
If Pool draw and win = 74 pts

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I have to say, that was probably the easiest and most comfortable game of the season (except the non-league sides).

We didn't really have much to worry us from their attack. Thankful that Zlatan didn't play because he's just the type of striker that would have given us problems. All this talk of United putting their hopes elsewhere is utter rubbish.. the day that Liverpool give them back control of Top 4 they decide to stop chasing it and throw away their 26 game 'invincible' streak? Okay, then.

The reality is that Mourinho knew what he was doing. The like of Pogba wasn't needed in a game against us because, in beating us, it is more important to defend the centre of the park than attack it. Pogba's game would have suited us more than the like of Carrick or Herrera because as opposed to shutting down the space (as Carrick or Herrera do), Pogba attacks it and opens it for us at the other end. He also opted for Rooney, who always gives us problems - and Mkhitaryan/Martial for the pacey counter attacks. There is absolutely zero chance that Mourinho intended to do anything but win this game.. and he probably thought it would have come as easily as it has in the past.

The reason it didn't is because he came up against a wily and pragmatic Arsenal performance that was the right mix of patience and adventure. We let our superior quality show and, admittedly, got lucky with the goal. If we didn't get the slice of luck that we did.. it may have been 0-0, 1-0 or 0-1. Nobody is to know. But it happened.. and that's that. United tried. They lost.

I love seeing an Arsenal side focusing on not making mistakes and we are far from perfect. We'll always be with Wenger in charge in my opinion - but at least we are focusing on the things that matter.. like defending.

Ewarwoowar

Cant say it was a vintage Arsenal performance, but We defended well for the most part, hunted in packs too a lot and were really comfortable for all the Manu set pieces(corners/free kicks) not often We can say that, though Ibra might have presented more threat. Should hope to head to Hampton a little more inspired.

Iwobi for Gibbs might see more creativity, though Gibbs did have pockets of good defense and offense, just think He could toughen up a bit.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

John Cross tearing into Mourinho and his ready made excuses of United being "tired"

Linson

I don't think Ramsey deserves motm. Miss an easy open shot. Contribute nothing significant to the game.

I think it was a toss up between Ramsey, Xhaka and Oxlade-Chamberlain...

Ramsey was everywhere, a permanent threat, created space and had a few efforts. Showed some nice touches as well.

Xhaka's tackling, presence and passing was fantastic.

Oxlade-Chamberlain never seemed to stop, up and down that wing like a madman and obviously played the perfect cross for Welbeck

Personally, I'm glad Ramsey got it, hopefully this will give him the confidence to springboard on and become the player we all hope he can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom