• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey has fantastic off the ball movement, always has done.

aaron-ramsey-goal-united-o.gif

E9oFLub.gif

His late runs into the box have been decisive for us on many occasions.

Honestly feels like it's only a matter of time before his end product is back too provided he stays injury free. He's playing well right now, but would take it to another level if he can regularly contribute with goals and assists.

IslingtonBornandbred

A lot of his game is down to being fully fit (he needs a run of games to get going...a full pre season would help), his sharpness, confidence and the way he's directed to play. This notion that Xhaka and Özil underperform because the way they are instructed but the likes of Ramsey underform because they are poor players is wrong.

However well Ox has been playing he always over hits or under hits a cross. Xhaka was good last night but played what should have been an easy 10 yard ball to Monreal off the pitch.

When Ramsey tries something that doesn't come off all hell breaks loose. He's playing with a smile on his face, he looks like he's happy with where he's at and I think people get his attitude and personality completely wrong.

Lampard wasn't as technically gifted as a Cazorla or Deco but the team played to his strengths and in fact it was practically built around the forwards bringing him into play and setting up chances for him.

Ramsey's definitely not the second coming of Robbie Savage like some people like to make out and some of the frustration is probably because he's been around in a largely trophyless period but I'd suggest we look elsewhere for blame i.e not singing Cesc, not signing a Striker, not signing a centre back. This would have helped players like Ramsey and it didn't have to be at the expense of him either.

IslingtonBornandbred

He's still not looking at polished or considered on the ball- but he's building this granit parership well....his work rate and movement and dynamism is having a good impact next to him.

I think he's good technically or he wouldn't be playing for AFC but you are right he's not as sharp on the ball i.e he's not going to receive it and twist and turn like a Cazorla, Silva or Modric but I think he could do with some Guardiola style coaching i.e receiving angles etc.

He's not a Spanish player, he's a British player and they largely have a different skill set. If you took away Gerard's engine and drive you probably wouldn't see what we saw. Same with Lampard, take away his third man runs and service and he'd be limited. Players like Carrick in England are a rarity.

And at the end of the day the time for tiki taka and nice football with no end product is over. If Ramsey covering ground, playing box to box, getting on the end of things or causing the opposition problems with his runs like he's being doing wins us games quite practically I don't care what a 15 year old says on Twitter about his "first touch".

Wilshere10

A lot of his game is down to being fully fit (he needs a run of games to get going...a full pre season would help), his sharpness, confidence and the way he's directed to play. This notion that Xhaka and Özil underperform because the way they are instructed but the likes of Ramsey underform because they are poor players is wrong.

However well Ox has been playing he always over hits or under hits a cross. Xhaka was good last night but played what should have been an easy 10 yard ball to Monreal off the pitch.

When Ramsey tries something that doesn't come off all hell breaks loose. He's playing with a smile on his face, he looks like he's happy with where he's at and I think people get his attitude and personality completely wrong.

Lampard wasn't as technically gifted as a Cazorla or Deco but the team played to his strengths and in fact it was practically built around the forwards bringing him into play and setting up chances for him.

Ramsey's definitely not the second coming of Robbie Savage like some people like to make out and some of the frustration is probably because he's been around in a largely trophyless period but I'd suggest we look elsewhere for blame i.e not singing Cesc, not signing a Striker, not signing a centre back. This would have helped players like Ramsey and it didn't have to be at the expense of him either.
Yeah I have a feeling that he's always worried about pulling a hamstring, especially when he's just returning, so he doesn't get about the pitch like he wants to. Alot of people say 13/14 was a purple patch, and the amount of goals probably was, but the way he was all over the pitch making tackles and getting on the end of things, I don't think you can fluke that. I just think he needs to be really fully fit for us to see that Ramsey.

His touch seems to have regressed though, and that is a bit worrying but you're right he's never going to be a technical wizard its just not his game. He's an all action box to box midfielder.

I think him, Jack and Ox are all talented but we can't be having any of them as starters next season, if we even keep them at the club. Waited too long for these guys to deliver consistently, and due to injuries they still haven't. Time to bring in some quality, reliable midfielders.

Ted_Lasso

When Ramsey is fit and firing like he is now, he's one of our best players. Alexis and Özil aside, he was the only one who looked like he might make something happen last night. Hope he grabs a goal soon to reward him for his good form.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Love the engine, love the newly redisovered dedication to being a B2B CM, don't love the inconsistent technique.

Wish we could combine him and Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom