• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linson

"I think they (Palace) just wanted it more"

I think it's a little bit unfair to chastise him for that. I'd much rather we were honest with ourselves and addressed our problems rather than giving blown up rhetoric.
Having said that there is a time and place to say the truth.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I think it's a little bit unfair to chastise him for that. I'd much rather we were honest with ourselves and addressed our problems rather than giving blown up rhetoric.

The "they wanted it more" comment was daft but I don't think Theo deserved the stick he got. Like you say, at least we had a bit of honesty rather than the whole "we weren't at it, we'll put it right ASAP."

That said, this summer we should be looking to move Theo on. I'm more than convinced he's not a starter for a top team and he does little off the bench nowadays too. Should fetch a good fee.

karl

Theo has a habit of blurting things out in an effort to appease fans. Earlier in the season after one victory, he put it down to a team meeting that should have been kept private until few more results came right.

It surely has gone stale for him though and the new formation kind of shuts him out. He says he is not a striker and certainly not a wingback.

mm76

Yer Da

well i think it was a really cr*p thing to say, but the point i was making was that it's possible it annoyed Wenger and that's one reason we've seen little of Theo since then

Last edited:

Ewarwoowar

I think he deludes himself,, thinks He's an intellect as well as a top top footballer, completely lacks/shows little of guile. Should not do interviews cos He just parrots out albeit crisp cliche instead of engaging the brain. Same on the pitch, can not create, just plays to a recognised repetitive pattern which works in some games but not in others, has no or limited ability to switch it up to meet the demands of each individual game.(Arsenal in a nutshell).

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Glad he spoke publicly about how crap the state of the locker room really was at the time and possibly still is.

Hyruga

Thank you for not playing Walcott again.

Walcott and the 9 premier league losing matches he played this season. Plus many others in previous seasons.

Hyruga

Arsenal's premier league stats with and without walcott.

Note: Even if walcott only came on for a few mins (after 84 mins) like in yday match against Stoke, it would still count as a WIN for him.

Hyruga

The 9 premier league losses this season featuring Walcott.

7 Losses (playing at least 45 min)
14-08-2016 Arsenal 3 : 4 Liverpool
13-12-2016 Everton 2 : 1 Arsenal
18-12-2016 Manchester City 2 : 1 Arsenal
31-01-2017 Arsenal 1 : 2 Watford
04-02-2017 Chelsea 3 : 1 Arsenal
18-03-2017 West Bromwich Albion 3 : 1 Arsenal
10-04-2017 Crystal Palace 3 : 0 Arsenal

2 losses (playing less than 20 min)

04-03-2017 Liverpool 3 : 1 Arsenal
30-04-2017 Tottenham 2 : 0 Arsenal

Draws
20-08-2016 Leicester 0 : 0 Arsenal
22-10-2016 Arsenal 0 : 0 Middlesbrough
06-11-2016 Arsenal 1 : 1 Tottenham
19-11-2016 Manchester United 1 : 1 Arsenal
02-04-2017 Arsenal 2 : 2 Manchester City

Altogether for Walcott,
27 league games
3 games played less than 20 mins (Eg last night against Stoke) (1 won, 2 losses) will not count

24 main games WITH Walcott
12 won, 5 draws, 7 losses

Meaning 9 games WITHOUT Walcott,
8 wins 1 draw.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't put much weight into winning games without him/losing games with him unless it's undeniably due to him.

Our eyes can tell us that he's rubbish. Mane would have been a good replacement. Would like to replace him with a 15-20 Goals/Assists player who can actually play football.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
We should have gone for a player plus cash deal when Theo and his agent were holding us to ransom (again!) and Sterling was forcing his way out of Liverpool.
Instead of which we gave him the most undeserved rise since...since...I don't know, probably some banker somewhere.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We should have gone for a player plus cash deal when Theo and his agent were holding us to ransom (again!) and Sterling was forcing his way out of Liverpool.
Instead of which we gave him the most undeserved rise since...since...I don't know, probably some banker somewhere.
I remember an article that summer saying that Sterling wanted to join us which isn't too surprising tbh. He's a Londoner and I've heard he's an Arsenal fan. Makes sense.

I don't think Wenger would ever pay that amount of money though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom