• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Let's be honest though, he's a long way bottom of that lot when it comes to importance to their teams.

Let the gymnastics commence :rolleyes:

Is he though? His primary job is to provide assists to the centre forward to score goals.

Fabregas had Henry then Adebayor and then Van Persie.

Özil has had Giroud and Welbeck.

Beckham had York, Cole and Nistelrooy.

Cantona had Hughes.

Basically people who can move and score.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is he though? His primary job is to provide assists to the centre forward to score goals.

Cantona had Hughes.

That doesn't really contest what I'm saying though. If anything, it backs it up!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He's proven himself replaceable. Only 6 assists in the premier league. SIX. Give Alexis whatever it takes to keep him, even if it means Özil leaves. Enjoy Fenerbache.

How is it far to judge Özil based on assists`? Not like our whole team has worked flawlessly is it?

Bergkamp had several seasons with fewer goals and assists...

How many great balls haven't he played that our donkeys like Giroud failed to capitalize on them?

Özil gets wrongfully judged negatively. his skills are sublime and you haters just can't see them

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cantona had Hughes.

Not sure how it ranks now but last year Özil - Giroud was one of the best combinations across the top leagues. Probably given him more assists than Fabregas did for RVP or Henry.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Let's be honest though, he's a long way bottom of that lot when it comes to importance to their teams.

Let the gymnastics commence :rolleyes:

Almsot all of football has moved away from being that sole playmaker based

There used to be a ton of good to great players working from midfield or slightly infront that had all of the offense going thru them

You don't build teams like that anymore

Özil should be viewed as the icing on the cake, not the cake itself

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We need to pull back the offer of 250K per week.

He is not worth that much. I'd ask him to stay at his current wages and maybe adjust for inflation. He misplaces way too many passes...it's the simple ones I'm talking about. I could live with attacking players that missplace passes when they are trying to engineer a goal. With Özil, he misplaces passes in the middle of the pitch passing sideways.

It'd be absolutely stupid of the club to offer him money based on his name status alone. He should have signed the 250K week when he scored that hatrick earlier on in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom