• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Fouz

I believe a 433 with the right players / balance would suit our attacking style of play more.

In: Kolasinac (Free), Tolisso (35M). Serri (35M), Mahrez (40M) Aubemeyang (75M)
Recall: Szczesny, Chambers & Wilshere.
Total Spend: 185M

Out: Ospona (5M), Gibbs (5M), Gabriel (5M), Jenkinson (5M), Neny (10M) Ramsey (25M), Walcott (25M), Perez (15M), Giroud (20M)
Total Out: 115M

Net Spend: 70M

Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos - Kolasinac
Tolisso - Xhaka - Serri
Mahrez - Aubemeyang - Sanchez

Subs: Szczesny - Holding - Chambers - Monreal - Ox - Coquelin - Cazorla - Wilshere - Özil - Iwobi - Welbeck

We can also switch to a 4231 when playing weaker teams.

Cech
Tolisso - Xhaka
Mahrez - Özil - Sanchez
Aubameyang

I don't think this is so unrealistic, is it?

Last edited:

619001590-sunderland-v-arsenal-premier-league-850x560.jpg

olivier-giroud.jpg

Caracas_Top.jpg

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Difficult to know what will happen with the formation and i'm sure Wenger will revert to a back 4. It's tempting to think he'll now go for total Wengerball again, but I think a back 3 can both work for the team and provide good attacking play.

GK: Tricky one as you never quite know how long Cech has left in him. Bringing Szczesny back is the easy and cheap option, worth considering, but selling him and buying Pickford would be fairly inexpensive and Pickford could take over from Cech down the line.

DF: Bellerin is who I'd like to see at RWB ultimately but having Ox there as competition is great. Kolasinac at LWB is perfect with Monreal and potentially Bramall deputising. At CD I've been thinking a lot, would someone like Van Dijk, Manolas or Romagnoli be a good fit? But bringing in Ben Gibson and recalling Chambers is a nice solution. Mustafi and Kos take up 2 slots, while Holding, Gibson and Chambers compete for the 3rd, with Mertesacker, Monreal and Kolasinac also able to deputise. Gabriel is very able but his communication is a fundamental issue. A future back 3 of Chambers, Holding and Gibson, with Pickford behind, could be a real force able to replicate the feats of our historic English defences.

MF: Xhaka will improve and his partnership with Ramsey is interesting. I'd bring in Tolisso to compete with Ramsey and maybe Ox for the b2b slot, while Cazorla can deputise for Xhaka with Elneny and Coq as cover. Not sure how easy it'd be to sell Wilshere but I don't see him fulfilling his potential here.

FW: In this formation I don't quite see the need for a big signing out wide, as Bellerin and Kola provide a lot of width, so i'm spunking the lot on Mbappe. My one doubt about him up top would be his heading ability as it's a very cross-heavy system. I wonder if a Morata or a Belotti would be better. But his quality makes up for any doubts in my mind, he would be devastating on the counter. Pay Özil and Sanchez what they want and play them behind Mbappe. Iwobi, Welbeck can deputise. Not sure what to do with Giroud and Walcott as they could both be sold to finance incoming transfers, also I just hate Walcott. But if they're useful they can stay. Let Perez go and release Sanogo back into the wild.

5 signings in total.

Squad:

- Cech / Pickford* / Martinez
Bellerin / Mustafi / Kos / Holding / Gibson* / Chambers / Mertesacker / Monreal / Kolasinac*
- Xhaka / Cazorla / Tolisso* / Ramsey / Ox / Elneny / Coq
- Özil / Sanchez / Mbappe* / Iwobi / Welbeck / Giroud / Walcott

First team:

Cech

Mustafi - Kos - Holding

Bellerin - Tolisso - Xhaka - Kola

Özil - Sanchez

Mbappe

In contrast to what I just said yesterday, I'd have this if we were to go for a back 4:

---------------Cech

-----------Keita - Xhaka

Mahrez - Özil - Sanchez

--------------Morata

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
In contrast to what I just said yesterday, I'd have this if we were to go for a back 4:

---------------Cech

-----------Keita - Xhaka

Mahrez - Özil - Sanchez

--------------Morata

Lemar, Bernardo Silva and Zaha also options in addition to Mahrez

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Heard Joshua Kimmich might be available?! If so he'd probably go to Man City, but Jesus, he'd form a great double pivot with Xhaka, wouldn't he?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I feel like missing out on Keita would be a big mistake
hes clearly the man we need and is actually realistic. unfortunately, apart from a few signings, when did arsenal last go out and buy the first clear name on fans and journalists' mind to improve us. The names touted always end up being rubbished and then we sign a slightly cheaper option, only for the former to become world class

gary collier

---------------------- Cech

-------Mustafi - Koscielny - Manolas

Chambo - Naingolan - Xhaka - Kolasinac

-----------------James - Özil----------------
-------------------Sanchez-------------------

Sell: Ospina, Gibbs, Walcott, Coquelin, Debuchy, Lucas, Giroud, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Elneny, Sanogo, Campbell

Recall, Szczesny, Chambers, Wilshere

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Surely a realistic target (unless he doesn't want to leave since he's only 19)?

Excellent prospect but he already said he intends to stay one more year at Ajax. He also said that he struggles to complete 90 minutes and regularly picks up injuries.

The issue is that he is bound to explode next season and score over 20 goals. He will also experience tyke Champions League for the first time. Why not buy him and then send him back to Ajax on loan. That allows us to buy a more mature striker in the 28+ age range to have an instant impact.

Or we just don't buy Dolberg at all and spend 60+ on a 22+ year old.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
In:

Szczesny
Chambers
Gibson
Kolasinac
Fabinho
Mahrez
Harit
Morata

Out:

Ospina
Debuchy
Jenkinson
Mertesacker
Gabriel
Gibbs
Wilshere
Perez
Campbell
Sanogo

First XI:

------------Cech/Szczesny

-----------Fabinho - Xhaka

----Mahrez ----Özil ----- Sanchez

---------------Morata

African Flair

Alot of noise surrounding Renato Sanches... Would love to take a risk on him even if regressed a little this season. Could be a game changer in midfield with what he can bring.

Defoe on a free could be useful as a squad player with the Europa League as well.
From were? Haven't heard anything.

OSBK

Established Member
In:

Sead
Thiago
Mahrez
Defoe
Rugani

Out:

Gibbs
Sanogo
Theo
Jenks
Debucky
Per

Prem team

Cech

Mustafi Kos. Monreal

Ox. Thiago. Xhaka sead

Mesut. Sanchez. Mahrez

Waffa cup

Chezney

Rugani. Holding. Gab

Bellerin. Santi. Rambo Monreal/sead

Welbz. Defoe Iwobi

Shaun90

Attacking midfielder:

I think we're short in the AM area now that we play 2. Apart from Sanchez & Özil, Iwobi and possibly Cazorla are the only other players in the squad who are suited to the role. Ramsey perhaps could do the job there but its obvious how good and important he is in his current role. Cazorla as well is probably a better option as an alternative to Xhaka in our system at the moment; spreading the ball from deep. So an attacking midfielder is a must for me.

Options: Fekir, Mahrez, Barkley, Calhanoglu, Isco

Center midfield:

In the midfield another box-to-box player in the Ramsey mould would be good. Elneny could do okay in the same role but lacks the same kind of attacking dynamism, although he's a good squad option. A player with the engine to get up and down the pitch, with strong technical abilities and a knack for supporting attacks would be desirable.

Options: Naingollan, Keita, Tollisso

Striker:

I look at Costa at Chelsea and see the template for the striker we need. The only player I can think of who is good as a focal point and a stretcher of play is Morata. He's big, strong, quick and is improving his goalscoring. If anybody can think of another striker out there who fits the bill, I'm all ears. These are well rounded players and therefore pretty rare.

Option: Morata (can't think of others)

Top Bottom