• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Corentin Tolisso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
99% of the sources quoted on here are terrible, but it's only John Cross that gets people's knickers in a twist.
I would have more respect for Cross, if not his warchest stories and blind players listing while plain guessing. Since 2013 he listed more than 30 players and was only right about Cech.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would have more respect for Cross, if not his warchest stories and blind players listing while plain guessing. Since 2013 he listed more than 30 players and was only right about Cech.
Don't think Cross has done warchest stories until now.

He gets quite a few right, hence why I still quote him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think cross is a mouthpiece for the club. He is probably fed the names. Personally I don't think we are in for Tolisso. I don't think he is good enough technically. Goretzka seems the more likely buy and probably the cheaper one due to the contract situation allowing us money to spend big on a centre forward.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Here's to hoping Dark Knight.
4e1b3fd6022a34eef0d94997facb46664e47d6e4c897320653657ff4e16a2f3e.jpg

Preacher

Always Crying

I don't know, maybe you are talking about other John Cross:lol:
As part of his Daily Mirror PR push, John Cross writes that Arsenal are interested in *takes deep breath* Alexandre Lacazette, Kylian Mbappe, Marco Reus, Ross Barkley, Moussa Dembele, Jack Butland, Joe Hart, Jordan Pickford, Kieran Tierney and Jose Gaya. It’s not like the club have ever made similar promises via a media leak before when the chips are down.

Apart from that time in March 2016, when Cross wrote that Arsenal were targeting Victor Wanyama, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Toni Kroos, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and John Stones.

And apart from that time in April 2016, when Cross added Alvaro Morata and Kostas Manolas to that list from a month previous.

And apart from that time in May 2015, when Cross wrote that Arsenal were interested in Petr Cech, Ilkay Gundogan, Yohan Cabaye, Nabil Fekir and Raheem Sterling.

And apart from that time in April 2014, when Cross wrote that Arsenal were targeting Antoine Griezmann, Mario Mandzukic and Tom Cleverley.

And apart from that time in May 2014, when Cross added Karim Benzema, Lars Bender and Morgan Schneiderlin to that list from a month previous.

And apart from that time in May 2013, when Cross wrote that Arsenal were targeting Gonzalo Higuain, Stevan Jovetic, Rene Adler, Kevin Strootman and Maxime Gonalons.
People have done research and he was correct only about Cech. He didn't know anything about Xhaka/Mustafi/Perez/Alexis/Özil/Holding and many others. If he wrote about them, he was late to the party, found out about them from other sources.

Fouz

go all out for him or keita?, who is actually better between them.

I actually strongly believe we need both. Tolisso + Keita / Serri

Let the likes of Neny, sadly Cazorla & one of Ramsey or Wislhere go.

A midfiled of Tolisso - Xhaka - Keita would be very strong & balanced.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think cross is a mouthpiece for the club. He is probably fed the names. Personally I don't think we are in for Tolisso. I don't think he is good enough technically. Goretzka seems the more likely buy and probably the cheaper one due to the contract situation allowing us money to spend big on a centre forward.
A lot of people keep thinking we will have a chance to sign a top forward and need to save money for it.. who?
Lets say we have 100m to spend, and buy a CM for 25-30m. Who are we gonna buy for 70m that wants to come to us over a different top team, especially considering we probably wont have top4

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
A lot of people keep thinking we will have a chance to sign a top forward and need to save money for it.. who?
Lets say we have 100m to spend, and buy a CM for 25-30m. Who are we gonna buy for 70m that wants to come to us over a different top team, especially considering we probably wont have top4

Whoever's left after all the CL clubs have bought their strikers.

As usual.

Karlos14478

All those Lyon frauds want to play top matches in the CL, but failed to beat Ajax U-21 in the EL.

After seeing lacazette talk up Atletico I started to think the same. You play collectively like **** all season and can't get into the champs league but demand to only join a champions league club? Hilarious when they're not that level anyway which lacazette isn't. Everyone raves about PEA well once he's sat on the bench at Madrid after failing to score 5 goals on his debut and the fans hating him he'll be back at the level he belongs at stoke or somewhere like that because the German league isn't exactly the toughest place to make a name for yourself is it?.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
After seeing lacazette talk up Atletico I started to think the same. You play collectively like **** all season and can't get into the champs league but demand to only join a champions league club? Hilarious when they're not that level anyway which lacazette isn't. Everyone raves about PEA well once he's sat on the bench at Madrid after failing to score 5 goals on his debut and the fans hating him he'll be back at the level he belongs at stoke or somewhere like that because the German league isn't exactly the toughest place to make a name for yourself is it?.
I wouldn't mind either Lac or PEA, but the comments about CL clubs by Lyon players after losing a CL spot to Nice and the loss to Ajax is a bit pathetic indeed.

Last edited:

Karlos14478

I wouldn't mind either Lac or PEA, but the comments about CL clubs by Lyon players after losing a CL spot to Nice and the loss to Ajax is a bit pathetic really.

I'd rather we approach city and offer a large sum for aguero seeings the new kid on the block there will put him on the bench next season. I don't rate PEA at all he couldn't even perform in the African cup of nations which says a lot.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
PEA's probably going to end up here. He's already shown that a year in the EL doesn't faze him. I doubt he's a big enough star for Madrid.

Oh yeah. Tolisso. If Crossy said it, it's probably not happening. Him and Wilson both trot out a host of names every window.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

‘Wenger has made his decision clear that he wants to stay and, even at 67 and after years of stubbornness, he believes he can rediscover his glory years.There will be a major shake-up of the squad, big changes behind the scenes – they want a new Academy director and in the longer term a director of football – and an expectation of Wenger being able to take the club to the next level’ – John Cross, Daily Mirror, March 2017.

‘Arsène Wenger is determined to stay on as Arsenal manager – and wants to oversee a major rebuild of his squad this summer. It is likely to lead to a big clear-out at the Emirates, with boss Wenger targeting several summer buys’ – John Cross, Daily Mirror, March 2016.

‘Arsène Wenger will sign a new Arsenal contract, and is proving it by planning a huge spending spree in the summer transfer window. Wenger has left Arsenal in no doubt that he is staying because he is lining up big transfer targets as he looks to strengthen his squad for a title challenge next season’ – John Cross, Daily Mirror, April 2014.

‘Arsène Wenger will be given a huge budget to transform Arsenal back into genuine contenders next season by making summer signings’ – John Cross, Daily Mirror, May 2013.

Also this from Reddit:

People at football365 sifted through all the crap John Cross puts out and made a list of players in his annual warchest bullshit. I thought it would be an interesting reading.
Oh, the only player we bought out of these 33 is Petr Cech. So, he couldn't even break big transfers like Özil, Sanchez, Xhaka.
April 2017
Alexandre Lacazette, Kylian Mbappe, Marco Reus, Ross Barkley, Moussa Dembele, Jack Butland, Joe Hart, Jordan Pickford, Kieran Tierney and Jose Gaya.
March 2016
Victor Wanyama, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Toni Kroos, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and John Stones.
April 2016
Alvaro Morata and Kostas Manolas
May 2015
Petr Cech, Ilkay Gundogan, Yohan Cabaye, Nabil Fekir and Raheem Sterling.
April 2014
Antoine Griezmann, Mario Mandzukic and Tom Cleverley.
May 2014
Karim Benzema, Lars Bender and Morgan Schneiderlin
May 2013
Gonzalo Higuain, Stevan Jovetic, Rene Adler, Kevin Strootman and Maxime Gonalons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom