• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
This man talks absolute ****e.

I can't believe he thinks he's in a position to be arrogant, and act almighty because he works in a game with absolute ****** who knew how to kick a football about 20 years ago. He's not even that smart. University of Strasbourg? Give me a ****ing break.
Mattias Karen or Wagner?

FreakySami

Ugh not more of this silly moaning.

Every team has calls for and against them over the course of the season. We had quite a bit of lucky ref calls go in our favor earlier in the season during our 14 match unbeaten run that directly led to us getting points we didn't really deserve.

I totally understand, we got 2 lucky calls all season to be honest. That's about it. You don't seem to acknowledge or you're extremely naive to see that a clear bias exists in the league for certain teams and ALL ENGLISH PLAYERS . You clearly don't understand the difference between getting wrong calls and blatantly or subconsciously having a bias for or against certain teams. I'm not talking about the calls that referees couldn't get right because they didn't see it, but the calls that they saw and made a wrong decision.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Whats with the high profile Wenger out YouTube 'Stars' being the ones most offended Wenger wasn't on the lap of honour? :lol:

RoadrunnerReloaded

I totally understand, we got 2 lucky calls all season to be honest. That's about it. You don't seem to acknowledge or you're extremely naive to see that a clear bias exists in the league for certain teams and ALL ENGLISH PLAYERS . You clearly don't understand the difference between getting wrong calls and blatantly or subconsciously having a bias for or against certain teams. I'm not talking about the calls that referees couldn't get right because they didn't see it, but the calls that they saw and made a wrong decision.

If you are making this claim, I'd like to see some actual statistical evidence.

Its well known how common it is for over zealous fans to only see what they want to see. There are some pretty famous studies on the confirmation bias of sports fans which I can link later if you want.

But to make the claim you make, you need to provide evidence. Every single club has fans that mistakenly believe all the calls "go against us but always go for the other guy"

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
With Wenger, signings are irrelevant. He's finished at the top level.

I'd take no signings for a change of manager.

There is no doubt that Wenger is incapable of coaching the current squad to reach its potential. Every season it is about continuity and adding one or two players. The fact is that the actual squad is full of players who are not trusted by Wenger and simply not good enough.

A new manager would still come in and work with a squad that is imbalanced and lacking in major areas like centre forward.

Wenger is either playing his cards close to his chest or will carry on with the norm. A prime example is Koscielny and Cazorla. These are two players with serious chronic injuries, but next season on paper they are starters in our squad. Wilshere, Ox, Ramsey, Gibbs, Walcott, Welbeck, Perez and Mertesacker are either injury prone or just recovered from a serious injury. That's 9 players without counting squaddies or deadwood.

The squad needs rebuilding even if Wenger leaves.

FreakySami

If you are making this claim, I'd like to see some actual statistical evidence.

Its well known how common it is for over zealous fans to only see what they want to see. There are some pretty famous studies on the confirmation bias of sports fans which I can link later if you want.

But to make the claim you make, you need to provide evidence. Every single club has fans that mistakenly believe all the calls "go against us but always go for the other guy"

I have to find the website, they used to do it every season.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I saw Wenger's quote about wanting to keep the team together and add a couple of players, and I don't disagree with him. However, he clearly isn't capable of taking that team to the level it needs to be at.

We finished in 5th this year, and on paper we have the best squad in the league, in my opinion. We're basically missing a WC CF, but we still have Alexis who scores just as many goals as any CF.

If you look at the individual stats of Alexis, Özil, Xhaka, Ox and more it is obvious that they had good seasons, however, collectively the team had a lot of problems, and that goes down to coaching.

The biggest difference between Arsène and the other top coaches can be summarized by how Arsène and Conte responded to adversity.

After we humiliated Chelsea, they completely changed their formation. They had a plan B, which eventually became their new plan A.

Wenger has acknowledged that the loss to Everton in December slowed our momentum and the team had a problem recovering. It is Wenger's job to ensure that the team recovers, and instilling more belief or addressing our mentality is no longer adequate. The coach needs to make tactical changes to freshen things up and instill confidence. Wenger failed to do that until it was too late.

Pochettino at Sp**s had his players regularly switch between 4 and 3 at the back depending on the match. This allowed him to rotate and rest players, while also ensuring that his teams were both unpredictable and prepared for an array of tactics.

Pep did the same.

Wenger never did this until it was too late. It really doesn't matter who we sign or how good our squad is if Wenger can't have some tactical fluidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom