• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Attacking midfielder:

I think we're short in the AM area now that we play 2. Apart from Sanchez & Özil, Iwobi and possibly Cazorla are the only other players in the squad who are suited to the role. Ramsey perhaps could do the job there but its obvious how good and important he is in his current role. Cazorla as well is probably a better option as an alternative to Xhaka in our system at the moment; spreading the ball from deep. So an attacking midfielder is a must for me.

Options: Fekir, Mahrez, Barkley, Calhanoglu, Isco

Center midfield:

In the midfield another box-to-box player in the Ramsey mould would be good. Elneny could do okay in the same role but lacks the same kind of attacking dynamism, although he's a good squad option. A player with the engine to get up and down the pitch, with strong technical abilities and a knack for supporting attacks would be desirable.

Options: Naingollan, Keita, Tollisso

Striker:

I look at Costa at Chelsea and see the template for the striker we need. The only player I can think of who is good as a focal point and a stretcher of play is Morata. He's big, strong, quick and is improving his goalscoring. If anybody can think of another striker out there who fits the bill, I'm all ears. These are well rounded players and therefore pretty rare.

Option: Morata (can't think of others)

I don't think we will be making many signings. If Wenger stays on you need to look at who his favourites are and who he tries to get into the team at all costs.

A central midfield signing will only be possible if Alexis leaves. Ramsey is loved by Wenger, especially in the central midfield role and he will see him as a viable partner for Xhaka. So why would he buy there with Wilshere coming back? That is who he will point to as the new signing even without Cazorla. There is no way Wenger will buy someone to bench Ramsey so that needs to be factored.

If Alexis leaves, Ramsey will push on and a cm will be purchased.

The major signing required is a striker. Making a big money striker addition gives you two options. You may have a chance of keeping Alexis while adding an extra 20 goals. If you lose Alexis you effectively replace his goals and improve the central area of the team anyway.

Whatever happens, we have to buy a striker to stand a chance of strengthening the team. If we don't buy a striker the team only has a chance of being the same as it is now, or worse.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Maybe not for us but I wonder if Bale actually might be available soon, honestly feel Real play better with him and his injuries are starting to make him somewhat of a liability. If it wasn't for Perez not wanting the transfer to be seen as a massive failure I feel he'd almost certainly go this summer.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Morata, werent convinced before but he's kicked on this season on limited minutes.

Buy him and hopefully be sorted for the next 6yrs, from a few youtubes I've seen he also has a bit of a greedy side which I like and looks like he will work so hard to prove Madrid wrong

Impact

Established Member
Morata, werent convinced before but he's kicked on this season on limited minutes.

Buy him and hopefully be sorted for the next 6yrs, from a few youtubes I've seen he also has a bit of a greedy side which I like and looks like he will work so hard to prove Madrid wrong

Thought he was the Spanish Welbeck because of his profligacy in front of goal, but he has developed a clinical edge this season. Not sure he'll want to take a step down to the Europa League though.

forester

Squad:
Cech, Szczesny/Pickford, Martinez
Bellerin, Ox
Mustafi, Koscielny, Holding, Gabriel
Kolasinac/Mendy, Monreal
Weigl/Danilo Pereira/Fabinho/Bakayoko, Coquelin, El-Neny
Tolisso/Kovacic/Kimmich/Keita, Xhaka, Ramsey
Bernardo Silva/Lemar, Gelson Martins
Özil, Wilshere/Cazorla
Alexis, Iwobi
Mbappe/Morata/Belotti, Welbeck/Dolberg/Werner

Starting 11:
Cech
Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Kolasinac/Mendy
Weigl/Danilo Pereira/Fabinho/Bakayoko, Tolisso/Kovacic/Kimmich/Keita
Bernardo Silva/Lemar, Özil, Alexis
Mbappe/Morata/Belotti

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Thought he was the Spanish Welbeck because of his profligacy in front of goal, but he has developed a clinical edge this season. Not sure he'll want to take a step down to the Europa League though.

100% agree on the Welbeck comparison as I initially thought the same. This year he looks completely different!

I think he would leave to get away from Madrid as Ronaldo will be main CF and if Benzema stays I think he will look elsewhere. If no one else comes in for him I think if we bulls*** him about getting back in CL next year with this one a one off he might join.

Özil and Sanchez still at the club though, they leave hes not coming!

Rouski

Would like to see Kelechi Iheanacho at Arsenal, think he would a starter rather then third choice. Hope he realises that his potential is stifled at Man City before its too late.

Optimistic

I'd like Morata too but finishing out of top 4 has reduced our chances of buying a player like that. We'd have decent odds if he's the type of player that wants to be the main man or otherwise wasn't happy with his minutes at Madrid, but from what I understand he's happy there for now.

At work today I was thinking we should take a punt on Modeste. Third highest scoring striker in the Bundesliga, despite playing in a considerably worse team than Dortmund or Bayern. Would probably be (relatively) cheap. More clinical and mobile than Giroud. I don't think he's world class or anything but he would probably score goals for us and if we went in for him I think we'd get him.

Rouski

I'd like Morata too but finishing out of top 4 has reduced our chances of buying a player like that. We'd have decent odds if he's the type of player that wants to be the main man or otherwise wasn't happy with his minutes at Madrid, but from what I understand he's happy there for now.

At work today I was thinking we should take a punt on Modeste. Third highest scoring striker in the Bundesliga, despite playing in a considerably worse team than Dortmund or Bayern. Would probably be (relatively) cheap. More clinical and mobile than Giroud. I don't think he's world class or anything but he would probably score goals for us and if we went in for him I think we'd get him.

Interesting that Giroud and Modeste were in the same team of the year for Ligue 2 09/10. Giroud finished the season as top scorer 21 goals and Modeste 20.

African Flair

Would like to see Kelechi Iheanacho at Arsenal, think he would a starter rather then third choice. Hope he realises that his potential is stifled at Man City before its too late.
He is looking out by reports however City isn't keen on letting him go to a rival. One could think they own us a solid though.

Thought of him myself earlier today.

Impact

Established Member
Kelechi is good but still wouldn't be enough on his own. We need a proven marksman and that will invariably cost us a lot of money.

Juventus are able to take chances on the likes of Schick this summer because they put down the money to get Higuain last summer.

We have to spend big on the right player. Then we can think about taking chances on other players that show promise.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom