• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Wenger has been many things to arsenal but selfish isnt one of them.

He's honoured every contract, he's turned down numerous clubs, he's got champions league constantly for 19 years..

I'm absolutely disgusted with the way some arsenal fans talk about the guy.. He deserves so much better than some of our fans..

I don't care if this forum wants to attack me for these comments..
Depends, not sure if this is mock disgust against people who just want him to leave, which I think he should now, or you're talking about specific comments?

Godwin1

Very well-known
If you want top 4 then there isn't much reason to want Wenger out. I wouldn't bet against him getting us in top 4 next season, he's got a solid formula. We'll strengthen the squad in the summer and beat a few more lesser teams next season.

IslingtonBornandbred

What the **** is he implying? What do you reckon?

Edit: No worries, he's blaming AFTV. What a c0ck.

Nobody cares that you love the club and will do so forever. You're a johnny-come-lately, Arséne. I'VE loved the club longer and will do so until I die, now **** off.

I think one things for certain, and if it weren't for AFTV and banners etc magnifying bad results etc it wouldn't not help i.e if they didn't exist I actually think it would be positive. So in that sense it is detrimental to a point but not sure how much. Anyone that thinks banners etc and viral videos doesn't affect the players performance in negative times is deluded. It shouldn't. It didn't in the past. But it does now, you can only see how Bellerin was affected. How Ox has it in his mind to come out and say certain things in interviews because he's aware of the situation. He's looking for external factors but I'd say if he had the full support of the fans, no banners, no viral AFTV videos after poor performances, we'd probably be higher up the table.

Also, I dont know how you came to the conclusion he's blaming AFTV but he could be talking about his contract situation or signings he wanted, or players throwing in the towel. God knows....

jvw

I think Wenger will step down after the fa cup final

I will never forgive certain elements of our support that have hounded him out..

If Wenger does go prepare for years without champions league...

I will always be eternally grateful to Arséne for everything he has given to our club..
He's not going anywhere. He decided a long time ago he wanted to stay, that's why he said we'd find out about it "soon". Then he found out the board weren't willing to do anything until the end of the season.

No-one has hounded him out, fans have just reacted to the obvious truth that he is no longer the right man for the job. Making a noise is the only way to get a football manager removed, it's not like there's elections.

You can be grateful for what he did 13 years ago without thinking he should still be our manager in 2017 (or 2019 for that matter). He's past his best, we've given him plenty of time and we're under no obligation to give him more. This is top level competition, you can't make decisions based on sentiment. I'd give him the job for life if he could make it work, but he's shown he can't.

We might have years without CL football if he goes, but equally we might win the league after a year or two of transition. That'll never happen again with Wenger.

OShea's2010

I think Wenger will step down after the fa cup final

I will never forgive certain elements of our support that have hounded him out..

If Wenger does go prepare for years without champions league...

I will always be eternally grateful to Arséne for everything he has given to our club..
Don't you mean prepare for years without champions league if wenger stays. This 'careful what you wish for' nonsense has got out of hand. so if we recruited a top manager, we'd spend years out of champs league. don't be silly

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I think one things for certain, and if it weren't for AFTV and banners etc magnifying bad results etc it wouldn't not help i.e if they didn't exist I actually think it would be positive. So in that sense it is detrimental to a point but not sure how much. Anyone that thinks banners etc and viral videos doesn't affect the players performance in negative times is deluded. It shouldn't. It didn't in the past. But it does now, you can only see how Bellerin was affected. How Ox has it in his mind to come out and say certain things in interviews because he's aware of the situation. He's looking for external factors but I'd say if he had the full support of the fans, no banners, no viral AFTV videos after poor performances, we'd probably be higher up the table.

Also, I dont know how you came to the conclusion he's blaming AFTV but he could be talking about his contract situation or signings he wanted, or players throwing in the towel. God knows....
The bad results started BEFORE the protests and the banners.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

He commented on the 'negativity in the stadium', which a lot of people--you included , as it turns out--blame AFTV for. They're the ones who do the banners, aren't they?

It's all ****ing bullshit. Blame the negativity when it's going wrong, ignore it when it isn't. Beyond ****ing pathetic.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In terms of hostility or fan frustration, nothing has happened at Arsenal that doesn't happen at most top clubs. If Wenger feels his players can't handle such stuff then maybe he should sign some who can.

I do genuinely believe there are players in this team who can't cut it the Emirates when things are a little rough.

This is where maybe you invest in big players, big characters.

GDeep™

League is very weak
For me, abit cheeky to question fans or any negativity within the stadium given what is being served up to them.

Focus now should be a strong summer and start to next season, get fans back on side.

KROENKE SUCKS

What the **** is he implying? What do you reckon?

Edit: No worries, he's blaming AFTV. What a c0ck.

Nobody cares that you love the club and will do so forever. You're a johnny-come-lately, Arséne. I'VE loved the club longer and will do so until I die, now **** off.

He's done more for the club than you ever have or ever will mate, why don't you "**** off" as you put it?

EDIT2: He has no other choice but come up with bullshit excuses. Whats he going to say Kroenke is a rubbish cheapskate owner who isn't doing enough to compete at the highest levels? He couldn't very well say that and remain at the club could he? At the end of the day he's just another employee doing his best to remain at the club he loves.

Mckenna

Good summer and start to next season and most of the hostility is put away.
It won't be. It might be temporarily suppressed. Things have been getting steadily worse season on season for the last few years. There was fighting in the stands last season for a game, it spiralled more this season as the whole Wenger debate intensified.

Rightly or wrongly - and I think there's plenty of blame to go around, Wenger, the Board, and the Players - Wenger has become a symbol of the current decline at Arsenal. The fans are not going to forget. The slightest perceived problem will all be laid on him - the papers will have a field day linking us with every single player on the market, only to have them "fall through" or "choose someone else." Each loss, the same old excuses, will be greeted with ever louder anger by the supporters (if he stays).

We - at this moment - appear to have no voice and are shown no respect by the club, its directors, or the manager. This is why the anger and vitriol get louder from the fans - our only hope of being listened to is to scream... It raises the, unfortunately rather small, possibility that the board and the manager, from on high, might notice we exist and perhaps even matter.

And re next season, we've had enough trouble getting players in when we had a CL qualifier. Now we have no CL, I can't see all these players we might want looking at us as a desirable location unless we hired a modern coach with a better - recent - track record. I think a good summer is out of the question. I know from looking at our history that Özil and Sanchez will drag contracts on all summer long only to be sold cheap in August. These things just happen to us... I've long given up even attempting to guess why.

KROENKE SUCKS

He's not going anywhere. He decided a long time ago he wanted to stay, that's why he said we'd find out about it "soon". Then he found out the board weren't willing to do anything until the end of the season.

No-one has hounded him out, fans have just reacted to the obvious truth that he is no longer the right man for the job. Making a noise is the only way to get a football manager removed, it's not like there's elections.

You can be grateful for what he did 13 years ago without thinking he should still be our manager in 2017 (or 2019 for that matter). He's past his best, we've given him plenty of time and we're under no obligation to give him more. This is top level competition, you can't make decisions based on sentiment. I'd give him the job for life if he could make it work, but he's shown he can't.

We might have years without CL football if he goes, but equally we might win the league after a year or two of transition. That'll never happen again with Wenger.

How well has making noise worked out for you so far? Kroenke won't ever get rid of Wenger because the moment Wenger goes to PSG/Bayern/etc and starts winning things again while we are stuck in the same limbo it will become obvious to fans that Kroenke is the real problem at Arsenal.

The only way to effect change at this club is to start printing some Kroenke out banners and chanting against him. Then we might see some change or he might **** off and we might get some decent owners.

KROENKE SUCKS

It won't be. It might be temporarily suppressed. Things have been getting steadily worse season on season for the last few years. There was fighting in the stands last season for a game, it spiralled more this season as the whole Wenger debate intensified.

Rightly or wrongly - and I think there's plenty of blame to go around, Wenger, the Board, and the Players - Wenger has become a symbol of the current decline at Arsenal. The fans are not going to forget. The slightest perceived problem will all be laid on him - the papers will have a field day linking us with every single player on the market, only to have them "fall through" or "choose someone else." Each loss, the same old excuses, will be greeted with ever louder anger by the supporters (if he stays).

We - at this moment - appear to have no voice and are shown no respect by the club, its directors, or the manager. This is why the anger and vitriol get louder from the fans - our only hope of being listened to is to scream... It raises the, unfortunately rather small, possibility that the board and the manager, from on high, might notice we exist and perhaps even matter.

And re next season, we've had enough trouble getting players in when we had a CL qualifier. Now we have no CL, I can't see all these players we might want looking at us as a desirable location unless we hired a modern coach with a better - recent - track record. I think a good summer is out of the question. I know from looking at our history that Özil and Sanchez will drag contracts on all summer long only to be sold cheap in August. These things just happen to us... I've long given up even attempting to guess why.

So blame everyone but Kroenke? Its things like this that makes me think this forum is teeming with Kroenke paid hacks. One set who are always vitriolic and anti-wenger(even when things are going well) to act as a honey pot so that when things eventually do go wrong (as it must when the boss is cheap and not committed to winning) its the manager who gets the brunt of the fans ire. Another set ready to play the "theres more than enough blame to go around lads" card once someone suggests that maybe Wenger isn't the source of all problems, as a means of extinguishing the flame. After all if Wenger isn't the source of all our problems, then who is? Cant have the mob moving onto Kroenke.

You talk about the papers making up false linkages with players which eventually fall through, trying to explain away my accusation that the board takes too long negotiating contracts and it costing us players as something the papers make up. But how do you explain that the players we already have are also taking forever to sign on or that the players we eventually sign also take forever. Did the papers make that up as well? It is clear as day to me that there is a policy at this club to haggle as much as possible vis-a-vis contract negotiations and its costing us players.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We had injuries, Liverpool were lucky.

But I agree, if fans are frustrated then it's because they are tired of the same patterns.

I don't know why we can't win our first game of the season anymore.
I agree we had injuries but we had Koscielny in the stand and could have paid the money much earlier to get Mustafi in.

The patterns are certainly the same. Not prepared for the beginning of the season players given extended holidays, signings not made early enough or no signings made at all.
Bizarre press-conference.
Wonder what will come out later. As a betting man I'd say it was the Alexis bust up and the hostility between him Özil and Giroud or in generals deep divisions within the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom