• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

KROENKE SUCKS

I agree we had injuries but we had Koscielny in the stand and could have paid the money much earlier to get Mustafi in.

The patterns are certainly the same. Not prepared for the beginning of the season players given extended holidays, signings not made early enough or no signings made at all.

Wonder what will come out later. As a betting man I'd say it was the Alexis bust up and the hostility between him Özil and Giroud.

That the board were being nonchalant expecting us to easily make top 4 and Wenger and the players intentionally screwed up those games in the middle of the season so as to send a message and it forced the board to renegotiate our sponsorship deals. So that we can be more competitive next season.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He's staying?! He's even losing me, and I love him like a father. Why are we the only club in the world where faillure isn't actually faillure but some wicked unlucky streak of events. I can't watch another season of total collapse. I can't watch Theo et al. pretend to be footballers for another year. I will, but I don't want to.

Mckenna

So blame everyone but Kroenke? Its things like this that makes me think this forum is teeming with Kroenke paid hacks. One set who are always vitriolic and anti-wenger(even when things are going well) to act as a honey pot so that when things eventually do go wrong (as it must when the boss is cheap and not committed to winning) its the manager who gets the brunt of the fans ire. Another set ready to play the "theres more than enough blame to go around lads" card once someone suggests that maybe Wenger isn't the source of all problems, as a means of extinguishing the flame. After all if Wenger isn't the source of all our problems, then who is? Cant have the mob moving onto Kroenke.

You talk about the papers making up false linkages with players which eventually fall through, trying to explain away my accusation that the board takes too long negotiating contracts and it costing us players as something the papers make up. But how do you explain that the players we already have are also taking forever to sign on or that the players we eventually sign also take forever. Did the papers make that up as well? It is clear as day to me that there is a policy at this club to haggle as much as possible vis-a-vis contract negotiations and its costing us players.
Hey KS, I referenced the Board. Kroenke is a Director. He's a part of. Obviously it's much more than that as owner, he can be held directly responsible for their actions, or inaction.

I believe you cannot simplify the problems affecting the club down to simply one man, be that Arsène or Kroenke. The truth is a combination of both, plus other hangers on at board level. Kroenke deserves the fans ire for his lack of involvement or direct action: he has failed to establish a vision for the club, and has not held the manager to account. However, given the absolute freedom to roam, Arsène also deserves some blame, for the manner in which he manages the players and the seeming lack of coaching/mental preparation. There have been some instances this season where that has been unforgivable.

Errr, I believe my original response was to GDeep and I was simply commenting about our general process regarding transfers, contracts etc?

They are separate issues: the fans get excited about potential transfers stoked by the media and then feel hopeless when the supposed deal, that was never going to happen in the first place, is presented as failing. This is the nature of the media, and as a club, we should be prepared for that this summer, because they will see an opportunity to use our situation and cause further angst for the fans.

The contracts issue, both for new signings and renewals of existing players, does appear to be a severe problem. Supposedly **** Law is on the way out and, if replaced, this could help increase the pace. But again, tracking what exactly is causing that is difficult - nobody gets to see behind the scenes. Is it **** Law being inept, or Arsène unable to make up his mind, or a board member not giving timely approvals. The contracts issue is something that has nothing to do with Kroenke - he's never here.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That the board were being nonchalant expecting us to easily make top 4 and Wenger and the players intentionally screwed up those games in the middle of the season so as to send a message and it forced the board to renegotiate our sponsorship deals. So that we can be more competitive next season.
The board were being nonchalant. They gave the man 100m to spend how he then spent it was upto him. What was it he said the other week about a Director of Football it's hard enough taking the responsibility for your own decisions never mind someone else's. Wenger calls the shots. He could have pulled the trigger earlier on the transfers.

As for the last part the team and manager deliberately sabotaging themselves. Jesus. Are you actually implying when we were second in the league and 3 point's from Chelsea the group thought let's **** this up so we can do better next season. You must be watching Dawsons Creek or some other immature teenage on my first period to come up with that plot line. At least be more creative.

CJJ

Established Member
While i certainly think Wenger should go soon, i must also admit that i cannot see a replacement of sufficient quality who's realistically going to come to us right now.
You might throw in names like Allegri and Simeone, but i genuinly don't believe thay are going to come in our current state (and their own.)

It might actually be in Arsenal's best interest to let Wenger stay for another year and prepare begin preparing a successor now.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The board were being nonchalant. They gave the man 100m to spend how he then spent it was upto him. What was it he said the other week about a Director of Football it's hard enough taking the responsibility for your own decisions never mind someone else's. Wenger calls the shots. He could have pulled the trigger earlier on the transfers.

As for the last part the team and manager deliberately sabotaging themselves. Jesus. Are you actually implying when we were second in the league and 3 point's from Chelsea the group thought let's **** this up so we can do better next season. You must be watching Dawsons Creek or some other immature teenage on my first period to come up with that plot line. At least be more creative.
@bingobob pissed beyond belief.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's staying?! He's even losing me, and I love him like a father. Why are we the only club in the world where faillure isn't actually faillure but some wicked unlucky streak of events. I can't watch another season of total collapse. I can't watch Theo et al. pretend to be footballers for another year. I will, but I don't want to.
He hasn't got a new contract yet. The meeting is after the Cup final. If he loses that they may not renew.

People forget, they don't have to sack Wenger, he's out of contract.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He hasn't got a new contract yet. The meeting is after the Cup final. If he loses that they may not renew.

People forget, they don't have to sack Wenger, he's out of contract.
With all the hype surrounding it from both the media as well as the club you can't help but think this would feel like a sacking if he is not extended. Especially seeing as he has had zero pressure on him to get extensions for the past decade.

The papers will read "Wenger sacked"

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So what is the real reason Wenger can't win the league. It's the same pattern.

The long running streaks he goes on shows it's not tactics, player abiliity, bottling, mentality . . . . but player consistency.

We broke down again and went on a losing streak when our midfield collapsed. Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey, Cazorla . . all out at the same time. He can never keep the team fit and on the pitch throughout a season. . . and keep the momentum going like Chelsea.

Once the monentum goes it takes a lot to get it back.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
While i certainly think Wenger should go soon, i must also admit that i cannot see a replacement of sufficient quality who's realistically going to come to us right now.
You might throw in names like Allegri and Simeone, but i genuinly don't believe thay are going to come in our current state (and their own.)

It might actually be in Arsenal's best interest to let Wenger stay for another year and prepare begin preparing a successor now.
No, this is a BIG job. Liverpool haven't been exactly great for the last decade but they still attracted Klopp. You look at Arsenal from an outsider's view, stadium, despite what some might think, the players, massive fan base, a fat cat bidding over $I billion for it etc. It's a huge job. When Simeone went to AM, that was hardly a glamorous job and he transformed them. He'd have a lot more to start with here.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

The long running streaks he goes on shows it's not tactics, player abiliity, bottling, mentality . . . . but player consistency.

We broke down again and went on a losing streak when our midfield collapsed. Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey, Cazorla . . all out at the same time. He can never keep the team fit and on the pitch throughout a season. . . and keep the momentum going like Chelsea.

Once the monentum goes it takes a lot to get it back.
That's a long post without mentioning squad cost which is really what you're hinting at.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Once the momentum goes it takes a lot to get it back.
But it is more than that Trax. As you say, we have loads of injuries every year. But why do we have so many. EVERY DAMN SEASON! Must be something wrong.
Why is it he bangs on about mental strength but in the games we need it there is no evidence of such.
Unlucky with Xhaka and Eleneny being out with the others... BUT! Persisting with an aging Cazorla who was clearly going to have a hard time with his legs and an injury prone Ramsey was his doing alone.

You claim it isn't tactics because we go on long winning streaks is also bogus. We have the fourth most expensive squad in the league. You yourself have told us that this guarantees some sort of success.. You can't have it both ways mate.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

But it is more than that Trax. As you say, we have loads of injuries every year. But why do we have so many. EVERY DAMN SEASON! Must be something wrong.
Why is it he bangs on about mental strength but in the games we need it there is no evidence of such.
Unlucky with Xhaka and Eleneny being out with the others... BUT! Persisting with an aging Cazorla who was clearly going to have a hard time with his legs and an injury prone Ramsey was his doing alone.

You claim it isn't tactics because we go on long winning streaks is also bogus. We have the fourth most expensive squad in the league. You yourself have told us that this guarantees some sort of success.. You can't have it both ways mate.
The trouble is you see Ramsey play like he did yesterday and you think he can propel us to to the top, like many AM posters do. But he can't keep it up. It's a hard decision to sell talented players that breakdown and Wenger won't or can't cut his losses with these players.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Wenger has been many things to arsenal but selfish isnt one of them.

He's honoured every contract, he's turned down numerous clubs, he's got champions league constantly for 19 years..

I'm absolutely disgusted with the way some arsenal fans talk about the guy.. He deserves so much better than some of our fans..

I don't care if this forum wants to attack me for these comments..

There are also 8 million reasons for for his loyalty. As well as the freedom to generally do what he wants. As long as he is making a profit he can decide what constitutes on the pitch success.

The world's best clubs wouldn't afford him that.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Sir Alex Ferguson has defended his long-time nemesis Arsène Wenger, who he claims has been under “ridiculous pressure” at Arsenal.

“At the moment, of course, with the ridiculous situation of the pressure Arsène is under, I just wonder if they realise the job he’s done,” the Scot told Sky Sports.

“The most amazing thing about him is this: he has come through a forest of criticism for months now, and has never bowed. He has seen it right through, he has shown a determination, a stubbornness. I think when you look at that, it’s a quality, and I’m not sure they’ll ever get another manager like that.

“It’s quite easy to say ‘Get rid of him’, but who do you get? Who do you get in to keep that club the way they are for the next 20 years?

“I really feel sorry for him because I think he’s shown outstanding qualities, and I think he has handled the whole situation. I don’t know many that have done that.”

mm76again...

Sir Alex Ferguson has defended his long-time nemesis Arséne Wenger, who he claims has been under “ridiculous pressure” at Arsenal.

“At the moment, of course, with the ridiculous situation of the pressure Arséne is under, I just wonder if they realise the job he’s done,” the Scot told Sky Sports.

“The most amazing thing about him is this: he has come through a forest of criticism for months now, and has never bowed. He has seen it right through, he has shown a determination, a stubbornness. I think when you look at that, it’s a quality, and I’m not sure they’ll ever get another manager like that.

“It’s quite easy to say ‘Get rid of him’, but who do you get? Who do you get in to keep that club the way they are for the next 20 years?

“I really feel sorry for him because I think he’s shown outstanding qualities, and I think he has handled the whole situation. I don’t know many that have done that.”

thanks for that, Fergie:

yes, we do realise the job he's done but we don't actually want to "keep that club the way they are for the next 20 years" - as things are no longer working here

so it's time he moved on so we can get our club right and he can take on another challenge - and btw i believe that would be refreshing for him too.

so sod off back to your racehorses

Wilshere10

The trouble is you see Ramsey play like he did yesterday and you think he can propel us to to the top, like many AM posters do. But he can't keep it up. It's a hard decision to sell talented players that breakdown and Wenger won't or can't cut his losses with these players.
That's just one part of his problem. He's nowhere near ruthless enough. I struggle to think of anything he does well these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom