• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wenger's comments about needing 1-2 are petrifying, I'd rather be bold and go for a strategy of bringing in a sizeable crop of young players willing to play Europa league, instead of toiling (and failing) to get big name players who won't.

DF: Szczesny, Chambers, Gibson, Kolasinac

MF: Fornals, Golovin, Torreira, Harit

FW: Mbappe, Dolberg, Lemar/Zaha/Onyekuru

Change of plan: completely unrealistic wishlist.

Throw the kitchen sink at the best midfielder and best attacker; Verratti and Mbappe. Someone cheap like Onyekuru, Kolasinac on a free, Maybe a Ben Gibson.

First XI plays PL games:

----------------Szczesny
Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos - Kolasinac
-----------Verratti - Xhaka
-----Onyekuru - Özil - Sanchez
---------------Mbappe

The rest play cup games:

--------------------Cech
Chambers - Gibson - Holding - Monreal
--------------Cazorla - Elneny
---Ox -----------Ramsey-------Iwobi
-----------------Welbeck

Get some youngsters through in the mix:

Bramall, Maitland-Niles, Bennacer, Nwakali, Willock, Nelson, Malen

Malky

Established Member
The trouble with Dembele is Celtic will ask for quite a lot and you can only really judge him on what he has done in a very very bad league. If it was £10-£15m then fine but it will probably be double than that. It will be a big gamble.
Dembele was also their best player in Celtic's Champions League games. They guy is the standout player in the whole SPL (Tierney is a close 2nd) I for one wouldn't turn my nose up at him because of the " rubbish standard of the SPL " the defending is no worse than what you'll see in some Ligue 1 or Eredivisie games. You can slate the standard of Scottish football, and although it is poverty at the best of times, a couple of top Premiership players came from there, who were also overlooked because of the league they were in (Van Dijk, Wanyama, Forster, Robertson) If its the poor standard of the SPL making him look good, how do you explain the Champions League games against City with around £80M+ of defensive talent, yet they couldn't handle him?
Even for £30M I'd be delighted if we signed him. He's far better than some of the strikers we're being linked with.... cough Lacazette cough :rolleyes:

Fouz

Griezmann in Utd's sights. Lukaku still linked with Chelsea.

Are we going to get a free run on Morata...?

I like Morata but if we had any ambition, the run would be at Aubameyang. Just do whatever it takes 75m & 250k wages for example

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Change of plan: completely unrealistic wishlist.

Throw the kitchen sink at the best midfielder and best attacker; Verratti and Mbappe. Someone cheap like Onyekuru, Kolasinac on a free, Maybe a Ben Gibson.

First XI plays PL games:

----------------Szczesny
Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos - Kolasinac
-----------Verratti - Xhaka
-----Onyekuru - Özil - Sanchez
---------------Mbappe

The rest play cup games:

--------------------Cech
Chambers - Gibson - Holding - Monreal
--------------Cazorla - Elneny
---Ox -----------Ramsey-------Iwobi
-----------------Welbeck

Get some youngsters through in the mix:

Bramall, Maitland-Niles, Bennacer, Nwakali, Willock, Nelson, Malen

*puts on French accent*

Well, uh.... I think little bit too much time on Football Manager. ;)

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Replacing Cazorla has to be a big part of our summer plans. The question is where do you find a player that is so good with both feet, for a price that we are willing to pay....
Well there was Dahoud, but we didn't try to get him.

Pretty sure Wenger will not look to sign a CM even though it's one of our weakest points.

WhatAFC

Dembele was also their best player in Celtic's Champions League games. They guy is the standout player in the whole SPL (Tierney is a close 2nd) I for one wouldn't turn my nose up at him because of the " rubbish standard of the SPL " the defending is no worse than what you'll see in some Ligue 1 or Eredivisie games. You can slate the standard of Scottish football, and although it is poverty at the best of times, a couple of top Premiership players came from there, who were also overlooked because of the league they were in (Van Dijk, Wanyama, Forster, Robertson) If its the poor standard of the SPL making him look good, how do you explain the Champions League games against City with around £80M+ of defensive talent, yet they couldn't handle him?
Even for £30M I'd be delighted if we signed him. He's far better than some of the strikers we're being linked with.... cough Lacazette cough :rolleyes:
Because when you play against crap every week and then go against the top teams it's like a cup final.

Plus he doesn't want to be at Celtic long term so it's a shop window, whether he could play that standard every week is a completely different thing. That's why new players and managers tend to struggle, the intensity of the league week in week out is a big shock to most.

Scott Sinclair scored more goals this season in the SPL and he was bang average in the PL. Whilst dembele may have a better game/goal ratio it doesn't really say much in that league.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Which ones do you think are attainable for arsenal?

Lukaku would jump at the chance to join us. As would Morata, if his unhappy with game time at Madrid.

Other strikers might be a bit more willing to bide their time and see who else comes along.

every little thing

Lukaku would jump at the chance to join us. As would Morata, if his unhappy with game time at Madrid.

Other strikers might be a bit more willing to bide their time and see who else comes along.

Lukaku in 2014:
Lukaku: I don't understand why Özil left Real Madrid for Arsenal

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Replacing Cazorla has to be a big part of our summer plans. The question is where do you find a player that is so good with both feet, for a price that we are willing to pay....

Wenger put his faith in Cazorla staying fit this season, he didn't and our season crumbled. Much as I love Santi, him and Per should never have been given extensions. We have to look to the future and plough our money into that, not the bank accounts of nice guys who used to play for us.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Well I don't rate Morata either, but he is somehow highly rated on here so I guess he has something about him that we don't know.

Still don't think we can pick up players like that at the moment.

I agree, Arsenal is not so attractive at the moment. EL is not so much of an issue, its the fact that we have an uninterested owner and a past it manager. Its not as welcoming as it once was!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wenger put his faith in Cazorla staying fit this season, he didn't and our season crumbled. Much as I love Santi, him and Per should never have been given extensions. We have to look to the future and plough our money into that, not the bank accounts of nice guys who used to play for us.

The plot twist when we find out that StatDNA was a actually an international waters cloning company and we're trying to produce Santi clones.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Santi career here is almost over sadly he won't stay fit for too long with his Achilles tendon injury and he getting older it will get more worse. so we do need to find replacement quickly.

Kosh is suffering from the same problem he said he need daily recovery for the rest of his footballing career i won't be surprised if Kosh missed alot of games next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom