• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AVENTUS

They sold their shares for profit mate. Fiszman and Nina made 100+M each.

EDIT: its a passive investment for him. Buy and hold, over a period of 20 years because of ballooning tv rights, inflation, etc the value of his investment will rise without ever putting a penny in or effort in beyond the initial purchase.

Nina Bracewell Smith was swaying between Usmonav and Kroenke when she was planning to sell. She was advised by the board to sell to the American rather then Usmonav.

This is what she had to say about one year later

'What a shame the board recommended a Kroenke takeover and paid Rothchilds 3m fee,' Bracewell-Smith wrote.

'And how deeply I regret selling to Kroenke. #AFC'

She's a total ***** who has no business sense whatsoever. If she sold her shares to Usmonav he'll be sitting on the board with just a 50% share in the club possible more.

Arsenal would be so much different today Cesc, RVP, Nasri ect would of never left. we'd be a force to be reckoned with.

That one decision by her has sealed our fate for decades.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Only the fans could force a sale by Kroenke by totally boycotting the club. He'd sell if he wasn't making money and nobody bought tickets

I agree - that's the only way this changes and I'm not even sure that's enough, or realistically going to happen. He's not budging, he doesn't give two s**ts about chanting, Wenger/Kroenke out etc...He's the other side of the Atlantic, he probably doesn't even know most of it's going on he's that far removed. He moves in circles far far away from the paupers that the fans are to him. He's in a protected bubble where there's very little you can do to affect his position.

Man doesn't collect that kind of wealth without having an extremely thick skin anyway. All he cares about is the bottom line. It doesn't matter if we spend the next decade floating around mid table, the club will still be worth a fortune and with inflation will increase with massive value.

The scary thing is, is that this very point now is a pivotal moment in the clubs history. We're in complete disarray. Disruption at board level, fading manager of 20 years out of contract, two star players with a year left. Unmotivated and under performing squad...most of them coming to the end of contracts themselves.

This is the summer where massive changes and brace decisions need to be made to stop the rot. I have no faith at all that we will see half of what we need to happen happen. I think we'll see more dithering, more inaction, more token gestures.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I have a good American friend who knows Kroenke very well and how his teams do in the United States. Both him and his wife are billionaires and both don't give a **** about how their teams do in the NFL, NBA, MLS or NHL. They are only concerned about the brand name and building a franchise to keep minting money. Stan could care less if Arsenal get relegated as long as it makes him money.

My American friend said the only way to drive Stan away is by hitting him in his pocket. That would mean not buying tickets for home games, not renewing season tickets, leaving the Emirates empty and also stop purchasing Arsenal merchandise. That's the only way he'll ever leave. Otherwise he'll keep sucking the life out of Arsenal and then when he gets older or dies his children will take over and continue the same.

It's either that or Usmanov makes a £2 billion bid then maybe Kroenke will reconsider his position. Otherwise Arsenal is simply stuck with Stan for eternity.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
One more thing . Some people are apprehensive about what Usmanov's motives maybe and how he possibly made his money.

Usmanov made his money through Metal and mining works. And even if he did funny things I don't think the FA gives a damn. Just look at Roman Abramovich.

And whatever Usmanov's intentions maybe they can't be worse than Kroenke's greedy ones. Usmanov has on many occasions accused Stan of being the root cause of the problems at Arsenal and has even expressed his disgust with the board and guys like Gazidis and Keswick who don't give him a seat on the Arsenal board and hence Usmanov unfortunately has no say in how the club is run.

RoadrunnerReloaded

I have a good American friend who knows Kroenke very well and how his teams do in the United States. Both him and his wife are billionaires and both don't give a **** about how their teams do in the NFL, NBA, MLS or NHL. They are only concerned about the brand name and building a franchise to keep minting money. Stan could care less if Arsenal get relegated as long as it makes him money.

My American friend said the only way to drive Stan away is by hitting him in his pocket. That would mean not buying tickets for home games, not renewing season tickets, leaving the Emirates empty and also stop purchasing Arsenal merchandise. That's the only way he'll ever leave. Otherwise he'll keep sucking the life out of Arsenal and then when he gets older or dies his children will take over and continue the same.

It's either that or Usmanov makes a £2 billion bid then maybe Kroenke will reconsider his position. Otherwise Arsenal is simply stuck with Stan for eternity.

Don't need to know his mates for that.

You could be a drunk Bangladeshi ship-breaker and still know all that about Kroenke ;)

KROENKE SUCKS

I am not convinced that significant Kroenke out chanting and protests from the fans won't work. Kroenke doesn't like attention thats why he always stays in the shadows. Massive fan protests and unrest would definitely get the press' attention. Eventually I think American media will pickup on it. And then he will have to respond by either placating us and pumping some money in the squad or by ****ing off. Theres no harm in trying I think.

The thing is despite all of the bullshit associated with our club, we are not as far off as people might think. Chelsea had the advantage of not playing Europe this seasons and Tottenham pretty much gave up on. Europe. Without this advantage all the top 5 or 6 clubs are pretty close to each other.

This season reminds me of 2000/1 when we added Pires, Lauren and Wiltord to the squad. We were out of the title race pretty early and United did the treble iirc, but Wenger figured out towards the end how to best utilise his players. And then we added Sol Campbell in the summer.

If we can add a top quality CF to the squad next season then we could really kick on from here. The problem is back then we were determined to kick on and found a way to afford him. If we found ourselves in a similar situation vis-a-vis a top quality striker I dont see us doing whatever it takes to get that player. Not with Kroenke around.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nina Bracewell Smith was swaying between Usmonav and Kroenke when she was planning to sell. She was advised by the board to sell to the American rather then Usmonav.

'What a shame the board recommended a Kroenke takeover and paid Rothchilds 3m fee,' Bracewell-Smith wrote.

She's a total ***** who has no business sense whatsoever. If she sold her shares to Usmonav he'll be sitting on the board with just a 50% share in the club possible more.

Arsenal would be so much different today Cesc, RVP, Nasri ect would of never left. we'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Harsh to blame only her. Other c*nts sold to Kroenke too. At least she openly stated that she regrets her decision.

Sometimes I feel like we're cursed. The stuff tha has happened to us (on and off the pitch) in recent years just can't be made up.

KROENKE SUCKS

She was going to make good money regardless of who she sold to. Kroenke was just able to use Usmanov's unsavoury reputation against him. Kroenke also probably spun a nice story about how we would kick on once the new sponsorship deals were in place, just like the board have been bullshitting us.

EDIT: The real mistake was made by Dein. He panicked once Ambramovich got involved and got us into bed with two worthless sobs, between whom we are stuck now. I wish someone third party would be open to taking us over. Someone with a much better reputation than Usmanov, and a much more ambition than Kroenke, also preferably someone with more cash than both.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
The faux concern people convey on here about Usmanov from their Indonesian child slave produced phones and computers is funny.

Wearing their expensive designer clothes made in Bangladesh by women paid a pittance in unsafe conditions that are virtual deathtraps.

WhatAFC

Kroenke isn't going anywhere no matter what the fans do. He's made a fortune and will continue to do so through the tv revenues and sponsorship alone. Arsenals share price will not drastically drop unless we have a massive fall for few years and even then it wouldn't be drastic.

If I was him I wouldn't give a damn what the fans thought. This is an investment and an investment only, he won't let people bully him out because they don't like the way the club is ran.

If someone made an absolutely ridiculous offer then that is the only way there is any possibility he would go.

BobP

Memri Fan
Harsh to blame only her. Other c*nts sold to Kroenke too. At least she openly stated that she regrets her decision.

Sometimes I feel like we're cursed. The stuff tha has happened to us (on and off the pitch) in recent years just can't be made up.

I swear things started going downhill from when I started supporting this club.

It was in one of the ties against Juventus in the 2005-2006 edition of the CL. I started watching games regularly from that point onwards.

All the sporting teams I support have a history of doing poorly.

I'm like the ****ing Kroenke of supporters.

logic DC

we should not be making comments like "Stan isn't going anywhere we are stuck with him for life" that's accepting defeat, we should at least try to come up with something that might work. we can't just sit by and watch our biggest passion get destroyed, I guess the sad thing is the fans here on AM are less than 10% of actual fans and most of us are not based in England.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
EDIT: The real mistake was made by Dein. He panicked once Ambramovich got involved and got us into bed with two worthless sobs, between whom we are stuck now. I wish someone third party would be open to taking us over. Someone with a much better reputation than Usmanov, and a much more ambition than Kroenke, also preferably someone with more cash than both.

There is a third party, Aliko Dangote.

It’s not about buying Arsenal and just continuing with business as usual,” Dangote said. “It’s about buying Arsenal and turning it around. I’ve run a very successful business and I think I can also run a very successful team.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom