• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Final I Arsenal v Chelsea I 5.30pm, Saturday May 27th

Who will win?

• Arsenal

Votes: 58 58.6%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 41 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wonder if there's another formation Wenger can switch to . . . one where you don't need any centre backs. Where's @4R5Emaniac when you need him.

BobP

Memri Fan
Feel we have a chance here.

The team crumbles in most other situations, whether that be in the league or the CL, but in the FA Cup they've shown great resolve.

And it's not like we've had it easy in the FA Cup either. In 2013-2014 we had to knock off Tottenham, Liverpool, and Everton. Liverpool were rampant at the time and we'd just lost to them 5-1. We also knocked off Manure the season after at the Old Toilet, something we haven't managed to do in the league for a very long time.

trippyhippy

a back 3 of holding Mustafi and Monreal is OK, not great as I would prefer Monreal a bit higher up but oh well. rwb should go to Bellerin leaving lwb which ox or gibbs can cover. I would personally go for ox because he is a player with bottle and he will take on players. I think if Giroud can isolate azpilicueta when crosses come in then that would be a good game plan, a bit like tottenham did back with chelsea in january.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hope Wenger changes it up with all the injuries. Dont see the benefit going into the match with a similar formation to Chelsea but very inferior defence & center mid.

Keep just the three attacking players but return to four at the back.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
a back 3 of holding Mustafi and Monreal is OK, not great as I would prefer Monreal a bit higher up but oh well. rwb should go to Bellerin leaving lwb which ox or gibbs can cover. I would personally go for ox because he is a player with bottle and he will take on players. I think if Giroud can isolate azpilicueta when crosses come in then that would be a good game plan, a bit like tottenham did back with chelsea in january.
You want to put Ox on the left wing. A position he hasn;t played the whole season. In a cup final?

Right:rolleyes:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think Ox played left wing at the start of the season and did pretty well...
Yes, when Sanchez was up top. The whole system was different. It isn;t really the same. He played as an wing foward, not a wingback. The whole shape of the team was different then. Would be a big ask of someone who is much better deployed in this system at the RWB spot.

Toast

Established Member
I assume we'll line up with Holding, Mertesacker and Monreal as the back three. Gibbs LWB. If Mustafi is fit he'll come in for Mertesacker.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
If Mustafi is fit, I'd rather we go with a back 4 with Per and him in a 4-2-3-1.

Cech
Bellerin-Per-Mustafi-Nacho
Ramsey-Xhaka
Walcott-Özil-Iwobi
Alexis

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I assume we'll line up with Holding, Mertesacker and Monreal as the back three. Gibbs LWB. If Mustafi is fit he'll come in for Mertesacker.
Hasn't got a lot of choice unless Chambers is allowed back.
You always have to play a CB but can use players out position at CB...

Coquelin-Giroud-Xhaka
Bellerin-Ramsey-Elneny-Nacho
Özil
Theo-Alexis

:lol:
What happened to your last avi, best on here imho ;)

Jesus. Let me just say I sincerely hope none of you on here had friends or loved ones at that show in Manchester where the explosion happened.
I live up the road from the Manchester arena & first thing I did was check if any friends or family had gone. Have one friend who is going the cup final on Saturday & he's a bit worried now, but hasn't put him off.
Really hope we can we win it, Chelsea look good, but in one off games anyone can win. I didn' think we would beat City tbh, but we did, so there's always a chance.

Obv Sanchez & Özil need to be on their best, but I think Bellerin is one who could be a big deal in the game. He's been getting back to his best since he was dropped & he totally wiped the floor with Baines last Sunday. Should have a big part to play.
PLUS, after that muppet of a Sp**s fan chanting at him in his car I'd love em to win even more than usual, then he can stick another finger up at him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom