• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry Onyekuru

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Given that we go into next season with zero pressure on winning the league I will be surprised if Nelson hasnt got his debut before new year. I think Nelson is one of those talents that Wenger talks about that they should be playing at age 18-20.

I like the fact with this Henry kid is that he is scoring goals at such a young age. Good sign!
Yeah, I think the goals he's scored are a defining factor. Nelson is also a player with good goalscoring potential - it is what sets him apart from the likes of Chris Willock, who is arguably a better technician but scores less. I think Wenger is looking for a young dribble-heavy winger not just as an Alexis back-up but also in lieu of Willock's eventual departure, which I think is going to happen. Amine Harit has also been looked at, but while he is an excellent technician who plays in a stronger league than Onyekuru, he doesn't have anywhere close to the numbers of the latter. Goals+assists are the major currency here, and Onyekuru has the numbers to justify a move.

RE: Gnabry, one of his defining factors as a talent was his goalscoring potential too. It never bore out for Arsenal as he was quite conservative in his play, but so far it has been steadily coming to the fore for Bremen. Oh, and he was dropped because he was injured. I'd argue that Iwobi has goalscoring potential too, but he lacks conviction for the first team at the moment. When he played striker for U23s, he excelled as a finisher.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If Celtic tried to sign him, we're onto a winner.

Rodgers is the best recruitment of young talent managing in these isles. :cool:
They certainly tried and it was more or less lined up for the summer. Looks like we are hijacking the deal. Pennies for us pounds for Celtic.

Given their record of getting young players in I'd say it's not a bad shout us chasing this guy. Could save us 30/40m they are looking for Dembele in 12 months time.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
They certainly tried and it was more or less lined up for the summer. Looks like we are hijacking the deal. Pennies for us pounds for Celtic.

Given their record of getting young players in I'd say it's not a bad shout us chasing this guy. Could save us 30/40m they are looking for Dembele in 12 months time.
Ironically, Celtic will probably get Willock instead on a free.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Ironically, Celtic will probably get Willock instead on a free.

Would you go hard for Dembele?

I get a lot of JET vibes (minus the atitude) from a lot of the comments I read about our academy. It seems we've a lot of potential in there, but they're finding really hard to make the jump to the 1st team, specially in forward positions.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Henry talks ****-ups:

“I want to be the first player from Aspire (his former club) to sign in a big club. My absolute dream is the English league. I know there could be issues because I’ll struggle to get the work permit, since I don’t have any caps with Nigeria. Yet…

“But if a club is really interested, they will find a solution. They’ll spend more money if they have to! I’m also getting offers from Germany, Russia, Spain and Scotland. I don’t want to rush.”

Explaining some of his close relatives are still advising him to stay in Belgium a bit longer to continue to develop instead of playing under Arsène Wenger or Slaven Bilic, the player is listening to what everyone is saying before ‘making a decision on his own’.

He explained: “If I have to **** up in a big league, it’ll be my **** up. I don’t want it to be anyone else’s. I want to be the sole person in charge of my career”

http://sportwitness.co.uk/arsenal-west-ham-target-admits-transfer-tricky-work-permit-issues/

Shaun90

Would you go hard for Dembele?

I get a lot of JET vibes (minus the atitude) from a lot of the comments I read about our academy. It seems we've a lot of potential in there, but they're finding really hard to make the jump to the 1st team, specially in forward positions.

Guys get stuck in the youth leagues which they become too good for. They maybe go on loan, have a good year and then they come back and rejoin the youth set up again where they look great but get no reasonable sniff at the senior setup because there's too many bodies or the manager doesn't feel they're ready. I'm starting to wonder if the best way to develop youth is now away from the academy. Longer loans or buy back deals.

Karlos14478

From my understanding this should be completed in the final hour of the summer transfer window. Should drag it out all summer and pursue no other targets and go into next season with the same squad that let us down this season. Just from my understanding of course. Oh and I believe diaby will be coming back now he's been released. We need a new injured player.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Like I said I find this to be an interesting signing. The rumours for Celtic were very strong and they were willing to pay near their record transfer fee for him. They have an excellent track record for signings like this so I'm glad we've stole a march and look to be getting in a very good prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom