• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClubLevel

Sell Walcott for £20m plus and the deadwood like Jenkinson, Campbell, Sanago, Chambers and bring the guy in. Them five alone will nearly pay for him.

say yes

forum master baiter
This deal happens for me if Özil goes.

I can't see us signing anyone better than Mahrez as a Sanchez/Özil replacement.

If both Sanchez and Özil sign on, and if we stick with the 3421, then you could argue we don't need Mahrez.

Those are both big 'ifs' though.

OSBK

Established Member

If both Sanchez and Özil sign on, and if we stick with the 3421, then you could argue we don't need Mahrez.

Mahrez has to get back to elite level to replace Özil.

You are right if Özil stays them mahrez is on our bench.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Perfect example as to why Monaco rejecting 100M bids for Mbappe looks like BS.

If Mahrez had made that statement last year you'd have clubs coming in instantly.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Should've left when he had the chance but his advisors probably pushed him to sign a deal and get their cut meaning he's in a much more difficult position to force his way out.

Couple that with an expected sophomore slump and he's not going to be linked with the likes of Barca or even us anymore.

Fouz

And if any of them gets injured or is out of form we'll be back to Walcott mate.. Also signing Mahrez will allow us to switch to 4231 & 433 with him as RW easily.. one of our biggest problems this season before switching to 343 was that we could only attack from the left, the center was dead since we lost cazorla & with Walcott on the right, we just lost the ball or played it backwards whenever we played on that flank..

I'd love Mahrez here, we will live to regret it if we don't sign him.

VancouverCanuck

Should've left when he had the chance but his advisors probably pushed him to sign a deal and get their cut meaning he's in a much more difficult position to force his way out.

Couple that with an expected sophomore slump and he's not going to be linked with the likes of Barca or even us anymore.
Not if there is a release clause.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Do you think we have a chance of signing Willian?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No release clause.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/17/riyad-mahrez-leicester-city-new-contract

What I think you need to consider is Mahrez scored two less league goals than Özil. Mahrez was playing for a team battling relegation and also playing outwide. Signing for us you'd imagine he will shift in field to the centre for a team gunning for the league. I'd expect double figures from him in the league.
If no release clause that mean Leicester will ask for 40M+ pounds I don't think they'll as for 50-60M because the player want to leave.

WhatAFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom