• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wojciech Szczesny: Should He Come Back As #1?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We'll sell Ospina and Scz then use Martinez as the backup. Cech will get a muscular injury and our form will dip shortly after.

May 2018 - 'We could have won the league if we signed a keeper'.

This situation seems far too realistic :lol:

shoom

We'll sell Ospina and Scz then use Martinez as the backup. Cech will get a muscular injury and our form will dip shortly after.

Not realistic at all.

You forgot the part where we skilfully minimise the impact of the injury by arranging an emergency loan signing. Who's also injured.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

We can always get Manuel Almunia out of retirement.

karl

I don't think Cech is as dreadful as made out, in recent months before going to a back 5 our defensive shape was basically a open gate.

Ever since we changed shape it's no surprise that he seemingly improved massively.
This make a lot of sense. Cech was never the greatest in the world, or the worst. At his old team he was well protected and then he joined an Arsenal team not really aware of defending as a concept. As soon as we take it seriously again his number improve.

I still think Szczesny cannot be let go and I would like to see him behind our new system.

MagicalRozza

Polish media claim that Juve, Napoli and Borussia Dortmund are interested. I am sure that Wenger willl **** it up and let go of a future world class goalie. I had some hopes until I heard of Asene's contract extention. Imagine that he might be good enough to replace Buffon but not good enough to replace Cech and Ospina.

Aevi

Hale End FC
A couple weeks ago he said...

We have Petr Cech, we have Ospina, we have Wojciech, who is on loan at Roma and has had an exceptional season.
“We also have Emi Martinez. If there is one thing we don’t have to buy it’s a goalkeeper.

If he has acknowledged that, then I'm fairly certain he'll make room for Woj here. Ideally he'll make Woj our league keeper, Cech our cups keeper, loan Martinez to a club in a top 5 league, and sell Ospina.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
A couple weeks ago he said...

We have Petr Cech, we have Ospina, we have Wojciech, who is on loan at Roma and has had an exceptional season.
“We also have Emi Martinez. If there is one thing we don’t have to buy it’s a goalkeeper.

If he has acknowledged that, then I'm fairly certain he'll make room for Woj here. Ideally he'll make Woj our league keeper, Cech our cups keeper, loan Martinez to a club in a top 5 league, and sell Ospina.

I'd probably sell Martinez as well. Haven't really seen anything to suggest he'll become a top class goalkeeper. Had a decent spell on loan at Wolves but that's about it.

trippyhippy

Polish media claim that Juve, Napoli and Borussia Dortmund are interested. I am sure that Wenger willl **** it up and let go of a future world class goalie. I had some hopes until I heard of Asene's contract extention. Imagine that he might be good enough to replace Buffon but not good enough to replace Cech and Ospina.

this clown should be sold at all costs, and if reports are true and some teams are willing to pay 14/15m then wenger should bite their hands off.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Why do we even have Martinez? Just get rid of him. He'll never be good enough to start for any top flight club let alone us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You clearly didn't watch him this season. He's grown a lot at Roma and was probably the best keeper this season in Italy.

Shocking if you're not bringing him back. A clear step above both Cech and Ospina now, and most importantly he'd fix an inevitable problem area long-term for free.
That's Dok a former professional goal keeper and @yousif_arsenal who regularly watches Serie A both saying that he's improved big time.

I'm sold.

Malky

Established Member
I'd probably sell Martinez as well. Haven't really seen anything to suggest he'll become a top class goalkeeper. Had a decent spell on loan at Wolves but that's about it.
Thought the same about Martinez.
He's 24/25 and still doesn't look anywhere near ready for first team football. At that age Szczesny had already become first choice here, won the golden glove, became first choice keeper for Poland, MOTM awards against Germany, got replaced by Cech and was about to start his loan at Roma, which looks like the best thing that's happened to him.
We should maybe give Martinez a season long loan at a top club, if he impresses the way Szczesny has then keep him, if not - bin him.
Personally, I think we'll end up selling, nothing about him says ' top quality '

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's Dok a former professional goal keeper and @yousif_arsenal who regularly watches Serie A both saying that he's improved big time.

I'm sold.
i'd be really sad if we sell him Juve wanting him to replace Buffon explains alot he really did improve he not making so many mistakes he become grown man too not a kid. we have to make him number 1 next season.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Blatant tapping up;
11374118_308300072627430_319563980_n.jpg
022398a4b069d5fbf23b807a2e459bb6.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom