• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast

Established Member
My prediction for the coming seasons is that we'll largely be dependent on the failure of other clubs. What I've noticed is that Arsenal under Wenger, in the Emirates Era, have really been remarkably consistent in terms of points. We finish on ~75 points. That's our thing.

Until now that was good enough for top 4, since not more than three other clubs could match or better that. Until this season. I fully expect us to finish around 75 points next season and the one after that. Whether that gets us CL or EL is, depressingly, largely up to Sp**s and Liverpool, imo.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah, because he doesn't want to work with a DoF.
What exactly is the job description of a DoF in England? The way I know it in the Netherlands, it would be quite difficult for somebody like Arsène to make that transition. Don't find it weird if he doesn't like the idea, this is not the stage in his career to make drastic changes. He's almost checking out.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

*Ahum*

Number of points Arsenal finished behind the winners:
2013/14 - 7 points.
2014/15 - 12 points.
2015/16 - 10 points.
2016/17 - 18 points.

Progress!

For the other clubs indeed. Definitely not good enough.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
What exactly is the job description of a DoF in England? The way I know it in the Netherlands, it would be quite difficult for somebody like Arséne to make that transition. Don't find it weird if he doesn't like the idea, this is not the stage in his career to make drastic changes. He's almost checking out.

It is pretty much like a Technisch Directeur, yeah. A DoF handles transfer negotiations, player contracts, staff management etc.

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
What exactly is the job description of a DoF in England? The way I know it in the Netherlands, it would be quite difficult for somebody like Arséne to make that transition. Don't find it weird if he doesn't like the idea, this is not the stage in his career to make drastic changes. He's almost checking out.
So, it's his decision, nobody forces him to do 'a whole lot of people's jobs'.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It is pretty much like a Technisch Directeur, yeah. A DoF handles transfer negotiations, player contracts, staff management etc.
Yes I thought so, thanks! What do you think, could Arsène work with somebody like that? I think it would be like forcing LVG to work with a DoF, may work for a time, but its a ticking timebomb.

Great avi btw!

While Wenger is manager, Arsenal need David Dein to come back. It's as simple as that. It's no coincidence that the minute Dein left, we've been seeing a steady decline in all areas of the club. I don't know what his role was exactly (yes, I know he was a vice-Chairman), but it seems even Henry left because of Dein's departure. BRING BACK DEIN!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

He'll have made it 15 years without a League title if he stays until 2019, without changing anything about his approach in the meantime.

I really hope, the Board uses the time they bought themselves to properly install a succession plan. Things will get ugly pretty soon if results don't go our way, which they most probably won't if nothing is changed about the way Wenger's doing his work.

The man believes himself above reproach. As delighted as I was in each of our recent cup triumphs, the first & last have served to reinforce Arsène's misplaced belief in his abilities to get Arsenal back on its feet at at the top level.

I'm not holding my breath for any expected change as a lot of members around here do but am patient enough for these two years to pass on by, hopefully with at least one Europa league trophy.

Original_AAA

Disappointed, but not suprised that he has signed a new contract. Another two years of us standing still while the rest of the football world changes. Two more years of good form followed by injury crisis followed by a humiliating run of games followed by a sprint to the finish line.

Two more years of promises of major signing and title contention, followed by a mediocre players, a top 4 finish (if enough teams **** up) and maybe a cup win.

Two more years of humiliating defeats by our rivals, tension between the fans and the club and endless comments about handbrakes and mental resilience.

Oh well, all one can do is get behind the team and suffer through, while patiently waiting for 2019.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Yes I thought so, thanks! What do you think, could Arséne work with somebody like that? I think it would be like forcing LVG to work with a DoF, may work for a time, but its a ticking timebomb.

Great avi btw!

I don't think he could, I can't see Arsène being happy about being accountable to someone with less footballing pedigree than himself.

Someone like Overmars, maybe the most realistic target now that Monchi is at Roma, would not only be a former player of Wenger but also 25 years his junior with only a couple of years of experience at running a football club. Giving him authority over someone as experienced as Wenger would be a disaster and I can't blame Arsène for not wanting to go along with that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Again they promising us to compete and win big trophies let's see if they can keep their promises time to make improvements and quickly

progman07

Established Member
The announcement was like reading politicians' speaches. Big words, no substance. People used to think Kroenke holds Wenger back, but they seem to love each other.

Toast

Established Member
I don't think he could, I can't see Arsène being happy about being accountable to someone with less footballing pedigree than himself.

Someone like Overmars, maybe the most realistic target now that Monchi is at Roma, would not only be a former player of Wenger but also 25 years his junior with only a couple of years of experience at running a football club. Giving him authority over someone as experienced as Wenger would be a disaster and I can't blame Arséne for not wanting to go along with that.

Ornstein told the NOS that Wenger wouldn't tolerate someone like Overmars. As long as Wenger is here a DoF with any kind of real power is out of the question.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
'Announcing the news, our majority owner Stan Kroenke said: “Our ambition is to win the Premier League and other major trophies in Europe. It’s what the fans, players, staff, manager and board expect and we won’t rest until that is achieved. Arsène is the best person to help us make that happen. He has a fantastic track record and has our full backing.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom