• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Season Finale; Arsenal vs Everton. 21st May, 3pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Wenger on transfers: "We want to keep the team together & find one or two more players who strengthen the team. But we dont need a lot" #afc

Is this a real quote from today? I have seen it on twitter but cannot decide, and I did not see the latter part on the last few pages here.

Same **** different season.

KROENKE SUCKS

So he said we need to keep 90% of this squad together and sign one or 2 players but have to be top quality.

So pretty much tells you his staying and I'll love to see these top quality players come in with no champions league football.

We can't even pay Alexis the money he wants lol never mind top quality players who be playing their football in Macedonia and Romani on Thursday nights next season

This is exactly what I am saying we clearly have the money to resign Alexis and Özil, but we are being misers drawing things out affecting squad stability and morale in the process. This is a Kroenke problem not a Wenger problem.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This is exactly what I am saying we clearly have the money to resign Alexis and Özil, but we are being misers drawing things out affecting squad stability and morale in the process. This is a Kroenke problem not a Wenger problem.
Bullshit! Sanchez came here to win. He could go earn money at any of Bayern, Man U, Chelsea, PSG or any other top paying club. He chose us because AW convinced him he was the missing piece. Same as Özil. We need to show ambition and the players will sign.

mm76again...

I think Wenger is totally signed up to the same philosophy, that we can underspend and get good results by happening on the next Henry on a regular basis

He doesn't want to pay what he thinks is too much for top players, all very well in principle, but paying a bit less for players whose quality is suspect or are injury-prone isn't good VFM either.

KROENKE SUCKS

Bullshit! Sanchez came here to win. He could go earn money at any of Bayern, Man U, Chelsea, PSG or any other top paying club. He chose us because AW convinced him he was the missing piece. Same as Özil. We need to show ambition and the players will sign.

When Sanchez left Barcelona in 2014, his stock was at an all time low since he signed from Udinese. Barca completely misused both him and Cesc. The only other serious offer at that time was from Pool and we had more cash and probably outbid them.

Özil's stock was higher when he was forced out of Madrid by the arrival of Bale, iirc. PSG were interested, but having just been used and dumped by Real, Wenger was able to convince him of his vision and he chose PSG over us. Its important to keep in mind that at this point that in 2014 we were on the verge of signing new sponsorship deals that would have brought us to par with most of the biggest earners in world football. Unfortunately we would soon be left behind again, which is Gazidis big mistake.

The point is back then top earners were making 150k~200k. Our offer was within that range even if not as high as PSG. Today top players are making 300k+. No one is going to take a huge pay cut to make Kroenke richer. Not Bergkamp, not Vieira, not Henry, no one.

When we won the league in 02, bonuses included Patrick Vieira was the highest paid player in Europe.

Players are willing to accept a little less if they love the club or if they are convinced by the vision, but they won't accept a lot less. They would be idiots to do so.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
When Sanchez left Barcelona in 2014, his stock was at an all time low since he signed from Udinese.
This isn't entirely true. He had his most productive season ever in terms of goals and assists prior to signing for us. He was on the verge of being one of the top players in football, he just needed a team to give him a greater platform. He wasn't going to get that in the same team as Messi (and Neymar for good measure).

KROENKE SUCKS

This isn't entirely true. He had his most productive season ever in terms of goals and assists prior to signing for us. He was on the verge of being one of the top players in football, he just needed a team to give him a greater platform. He wasn't going to get that in the same team as Messi (and Neymar for good measure).

I thought we established in the Özil thread that it isn't all about stats since Özil's stats this season are pretty good. Or does that only apply to players who are asking big Stan for a wage rise?

His career had stalled similar to Cesc's since his Barca move. We and Liverpool were the only clubs in for him, and when he signed here, Pools hacks in the media started a narrative that it was only because he wanted to be in London.

He wasn't on the verge of anything. He had dropped down a level which is why he ended up here. Some people just don't want to give Wenger credit for completely turning his career back around. It goes against the narrative that Wenger has lost it, and we just need to find a top manager/DoF who will do this for us, so pretty please dont blame Stan kroenke for a lack of funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom