• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerHart

Who the **** cares what we would sell him for if we got him. Win us the title and he can go to his beloved Madrid on a free for all I care.

Two things fans worry about since Wenger arrived; sell on fee and players being 30 or nearly 30 being completely incapable of playing.

I think it does matter, currently Kroenke doesn't show that he's gonna invest heavily, so we're already at a disadvantage unlike City, PSG, Chelsea etc if we sell our players because it has a big effect on our finances I f for example we sold Sanchez for £20m instead of £50m where other teams can swallow the loss and offer £70m for Morata

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It puts a sour taste in my mouth he might come here just to use us, with only Real in mind. I don't want him if he'll have little love for the club.

I know he's a top talent and being a stepping stone is the only way for him to come, but still, we must have some dignity and pride. Just my two cents.
We'd be using him in a way though too. He'd be a rental that probably wins us trophies and definitely raises our profile as a club by picking us. I know it's crazy to say that about a teenager but wrap your head around Arsenal football club beating everyone to the most in demand talent on earth. No matter how much we put on the table we can't do it without his consent so it's mutually beneficial even if we are a stepping stone for his footballing ambitions.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Football is so big now there are no fairy tales. And people shouldn't judge people who want to write their own fairy tale. Specially people who'd forget the romanticism the moment something doesn't go as they hoped despite them playing a minimal part in all of it.

NCGooner

Football is so big now there are no fairy tales. And people shouldn't judge people who want to write their own fairy tale. Specially people who'd forget the romanticism the moment something doesn't go as they hoped despite them playing a minimal part in all of it.
Leicester two seasons ago? Henry coming back and scoring a winning goal at the emirates? Di Natale playing for Udinese his entire career despite interest from all the big Italian clubs? Plenty of fairy tales. That's what makes it fun. Hope MBappe is another of ours!

4R5Emaniac

Carl Jenkinson.
Yes, that! How many of us even realize he is still one our books? Nobody even mentions him let alone support in a positive light unless there are reports of him being sold or they want him sold. Jenkinson is someone for who Arsenal is the ultimate dream.

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Leicester two seasons ago? Henry coming back and scoring a winning goal at the emirates? Di Natale playing for Udinese his entire career despite interest from all the big Italian clubs? Plenty of fairy tales. That's what makes it fun. Hope MBappe is another of ours!
Leicester is a fairy tale sure but also something that is unlikely to happen ever again. Henry left Arsenal to go to Barcelona to be able to return and it lasted a few days. Why did he leave? He flopped on the day of the clubs most important day. Di Natale didn't have the mental capacity to deal with anything bigger than Udinese having seen his performances for Italy NT. Udinese was his fairytale. Totti is like Leicester and his fairy tale was Roma.

Mbappe, that is what you and I want for him. Maybe not what he wants for himself?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The only top side with a worse defense than Madrid is Man city. Ramos and Marcelo basically are overrated and just as error prone versions of Vermalen and Maicon. Pepe has been past it for a few years (apart from a very good Euros performance) and Varane has massively failed to live up to potential he had shown a few years ago. Carvajal is one of best full backs in the world though.

Modric & Kroos are pure class.
Asensio is real talent and will bench the massive flop Bale if Bale hasn't been sold. Isco has really gone up a level this season and has had a great season. Whilst James Rodriguez is a top a quality player being under used by Madrid that will likely be moved on.

FOH. There actually aren't enough facepalm emojis for this post.

Madrid's first choice back 5 of Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo and Navas is one of the best and most consistent in Europe. Certainly better than the back 5 of Barca, PSG, Bayern etc. Have a look at their defensive record over the season, please. Or better still just tune in to more than the occasional clasico. Pepe barely got a game so I'm not sure why he's even being mentioned.

Where Zizou has excelled is in getting them to defend all over the pitch. This liberates their defenders to hurt teams offensively but they still do their job when needed. James is 'underused' because others ahead of him are playing out of their skin and provide better balance.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Hell, I don't even care anymore, for the scenes and GIF show as never seen before in here and Wenger's gigantic sly grin at his first interview, after having wrapped up the deal, alone for that I would pend that 100m.

"Change" would be real, worries would be a thing of past and the fan base and Wenger would be at peace, at least for that very moment the deal happens..

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't understand all this worrying about what's around the corner. If Alexis had said "I will only sign one contract with Arsenal unless they win the PL!" would we have said no? I don't care what his dreams and aspirations are, if it means he's an Arsenal player for 4 years go for it!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
FOH. There actually aren't enough facepalm emojis for this post.

Madrid's first choice back 5 of Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo and Navas is one of the best and most consistent in Europe. Certainly better than the back 5 of Barca, PSG, Bayern etc. Have a look at their defensive record over the season, please. Or better still just tune in to more than the occasional clasico. Pepe barely got a game so I'm not sure why he's even being mentioned.

Where Zizou has excelled is in getting them to defend all over the pitch. This liberates their defenders to hurt teams offensively but they still do their job when needed. James is 'underused' because others ahead of him are playing out of their skin and provide better balance.

Madrid conceded more goals than a Barcelona side with the poorest manager they've have in a very long time as well as Defensive sides such as A.Madrid and Villarreal. In other leagues Sp**s, Chelsea, City and UTD conceded less in more competitive league. Bayern, Lepizig, Juventus, Roma and Napoli also conceded less.

4R5Emaniac

Hell, I don't even care anymore, for the scenes and GIF show as never seen before in here and Wenger's gigantic sly grin at his first interview, after having wrapped up the deal, alone for that I would pend that 100m.

"Change" would be real, worries would be a thing of past and the fan base and Wenger would be at peace, at least for that very moment the deal happens..
Yeah, and it won't last more than that till reality starts setting in.

On one hand I want Mbappe badly while on the other hand I also want us to have the team strengthened everywhere to make sure we are competing and able to get over the line.

Realize that we can have both but reality is Wenger will keep us short in recruitment one way or the other as well as the small matter of actually playing and competing on the pitch....so if I could chose, I'd go for Mbappe.

Maybe. And still I maybe am stupid enough to think Alexis will still be here.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
At least you know he's not going to slack because he thinks his made it, we've had plenty of that over the years.

If Mbappe and his family value Wenger that highly he'd be able to convince him to stay past 22.

How many expensive young players really succeed there? Can only think of Di Maria and Benzema.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I dont care if he went to madrid later on in his career as long as he wins us a league that is all that matters to me!! By the way the spanish league is way overhyped glorified scottish/dutch league. Yes its hotter/sunnier better tax dodging but still no better than the prem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom