• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

neimad

My guess of outgoings would be -

Campbell, Szczesny, Perez, Ospina, Debuchy and Gibbs to be sold.

Holding and Chambers to go out on loan.

Why would Holding go out on loan when he was starting games at the end of the year and putting in competent performances? He's going to be pushing hard for a place and we need him especially with the 3 at the back. Mertsacker is on his last legs and Kos is injury prone. Gabriel is currently injured so I'd be very surprised to see Rob going on loan.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why would Holding go out on loan when he was starting games at the end of the year and putting in competent performances? He's going to be pushing hard for a place and we need him especially with the 3 at the back. Mertsacker is on his last legs and Kos is injury prone. Gabriel is currently injured so I'd be very surprised to see Rob going on loan.

Mertesacker got injured and we sent Chambers out on loan with Mustafi coming in.

This time Mertesacker is not injured therefore Rob is 4th and even 5th choice behind Monreal in the list of CB's Wenger will use.

He won't get 24/7 game time which is what he needs, he will go out on loan in my opinion.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I trust Wenger to do the right thing by Holding and Chambers individually and for the long term good of the club.

The way I see it Mertesacker had his contract extended by one year and Monreal has two years left. Holding only really got game time at the tail end of the season even though we had Mertesacker, Koscielny, Mustafi and Gabriel all out at various parts upto that point.

Wenger has said he now sees Monreal as a centre back option whereas he and Gibbs rotated the Lwb position toward the tail end of the season. Its fair to say Kolasanic now has that position. So we've an extra CB and a first choice Lwb.

Loaning those two out, with a recall option, is in my eyes the best thing for player and club. They get a years worth of 90 minutes under their belt both are then brought back Mertesacker retires and Monreal takes Mertesackers squad role. They come back a year wiser and slot straight into the team for the foreseeable future.

Meanwhile we have Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Gabriel and Mertesacker to see out next season and if ultimately necessary we can recall one of those two. Though even then we can drop Xhaka in as a third centre back or move Kolasanic across and put in a new wing back ie Ox, Anm etc.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

What's the basis for that conclusion? I'm just curious because there were 4 teams that finished ahead of us last year, and all of them, bar Sp**s are strengthening to a substantial extent. Man U who finished behind us are strengthening significantly also. Pep, Conte, and Mourinho will all be in the second seasons at major clubs. Furthermore we have to travel to random places in Slovakia and Ukraine for Europa League fixtures with a squad renowned for poor fitness records.

Who have our rivals signed thus far? Confirmed signings only.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
If Chambers and Holding or one of them were to go on loan-I feel its Holdings turn if the right opportunity comes by- it should be to another European league. SerieA, Bundesliga, La Liga club specially.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Chambers and Holding or one of them were to go on loan-I feel its Holdings turn if the right opportunity comes by- it should be to another European league. SerieA, Bundesliga, La Liga club specially.
Holding doesn't need a loan. Chambers will be sold.

One is world class, the other is championship standard.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Holding is not being loaned ffs. He is 21 and became our starter. Not saying he'll definitely start next season, but he aint going out on loan no way

Chambers might. But hopefully we dont sell him cause he's talented as hell

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Holding will stay.

Refreshing to have a CB with some height & power. Just look how he dealt with some striking beasts last season at just 21.

People forget how bad Chambers was at times. Mustafi probably ended his career here in the undersized RCB role.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Who have our rivals signed thus far? Confirmed signings only.

Thus far is kind of irrelevant. The point is they are clearly in advanced negotiations for world class talent while we are facing a battle to keep ours. This is on the backdrop of having finished behind them.

The real point behind my question is this - how do you deduce that we will be cable of challenging for the title by evaluating us independently of our competition?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@Big Poppa teams may be strengthening but so will we, we already have. Interestingingly I think you've missed an important point. Liverpool and City finished above us but on the last day we could have leap frogged them both and ended up in third place.

As Arsène eventually admitted his uncertainty cost us points that won't happen next season. Those lost points in my eyes allows us to finish above them both. Its am important reason why we need to nail down our players so we have zero uncertainty over us. Doing so makes us easily three points better off before additions.

Lastly Liverpool need to strengthen. Klopps football will see Liverpool needing depth to compete on two fronts. I don't think they will be any stronger with their signings but they won't be any weaker either.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The amount of changes upfront, in midfield & even formation wise last season was crazy. I would back us to make top four with just a settled team next season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Wenger plays it right, our best side should only be playing once a week for most of the season. Whilst the rest of our rivals will be battling it out in the CL, we should be sending or backups to Albania etc

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chambers done well for Middlesbrough in the Premier League. He is good enough to stay here.
Playing in the most defensive side the PL has ever seen he was merely average. Relegation fodder of his type will never make it at the Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom