• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
My problem with Mahrez is not talent. He's obviously talented. I just cannot help but feel apprehensive about signing a player coming off a title and POY award who should have had all of the hunger in the world to repeat both more or less taking the first half of the season off and looking like he couldn't be bothered. I don't care if he wanted a move to a bigger club or whatever the reason was. It is not a settling thought to buy a player who has that sort of laziness in him and rely on him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah that's just not how it works.

A lot of people who probably didn't even rate Kante last season now acting like he was a one-man band, just because Leicester have dropped off.

Mahrez was absolutely phenomenal for Leicester during their title challenge, and deservedly won player of the year. He is clearly a brilliant player.

You just know that if Mahrez had joined Chelsea and won the league (with Kante staying at Leicester), exactly the same people would be making exactly the same arguments as to why we shouldn't sign Kante.

Some people just can't accept that there are good players at weaker clubs :lol:
I'm not one of those people. I hate rated Kante since October 2015. Read on in the thread and you see my position clarified... I am not saying Mahrez is a garbage player, I am simply saying that he didn't single handedly lead them to the title. WHich was the claim..

OSBK

Established Member
I would take him but it would be a risk. We have carried wingers in the past and managed to get by but with us wanting to bounce back next season wenger has to get him back to his top form.

A on form mahrez challenges Özil and alexis for a starting spot in a 3-4-3. It also means if we revert back to 4-2-3-1 mahrez takes the rw spot over anyone we currently have.

One Love

Only want as an absolute last resort. If it comes down to Mahrez vs. Lemar then it's a no brainer to anyone with a brain.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
he's been open about wanting to come to us, and with few rumours of other interested parties recently I wonder if this is in fact in the bag already

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
Big fan of Mahrez, he took a year off last season, as Hazard did the previous season, but if we were signing him last summer this place would be buzzing.
I hope we get him, hes got the individual ability to beat players that we dont have enough of.

GDeep™

League is very weak
he's been open about wanting to come to us, and with few rumours of other interested parties recently I wonder if this is in fact in the bag already
Of course he's open to coming, there seems to be very little interest in him so he's hyping up any potential move.

We've not been linked. No decent link saying we want to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom