• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

argon__

Hate this thread, every time you accept that it's not going to happen there's something to pull you back in.

I know right and then it goes silent for days untill a new and «reliable» rumour comes along.

We're just 20 pages away from last years Vardy thread. I wonder if we surpass it before Mbappes future is decided.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Phil Schoen clarified his original tweet on this. Don't know if the other stuff was based on twisting this around or not, but it did say it was reported on beIN Sports (it would be quite a stretch to make that claim based on a tweet). But on a positive note, Phil Schoen is an Arsenal fan who has made no secret of his desire to see Arsène Wenger replaced, so if he's taking a positive stance on this I suppose that's good.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I ****ing hate it when these commentator mugs start getting involved in transfers.

Bet you this guy will be quoted on here about 1000 times this summer after that one tweet.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I ****ing hate it when these commentator mugs start getting involved in transfers.

Bet you this guy will be quoted on here about 1000 times this summer after that one tweet.

Well, he and Ray Hudson probably don't have a lot to do until La Liga starts back up and they start calling those Real Madrid and Barcelona games again. He might as well spend the summer speculating.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Well, he and Ray Hudson probably don't have a lot to do until La Liga starts back up and they start calling those Real Madrid and Barcelona games again. He might as well spend the summer speculating.
Ray Hudson is a blight upon football. Unwatchable.

Batman

I agree, assuming we atleast match what has been already offered to him. I just hope he doesn't see us as a stepping stone to Madrid :(

I guess our chance comes down to whatever Wenger can offer him in terms of his personal development and hopefully that's convincing to him.

Do you think Wenger only being on a 2 year contract is much of a concern to him ?
The reality is that every club that isn't Barca or Madrid is a stepping stone club to a lot of players. To play for these 2 clubs is the pinnacle of the sport at the club level. We are not going to change that anytime soon. Even with domestic success(a title) which you would hope will come for us in the next couple of years we will still be viewed as a stepping stone club by players good enough to play for Barca and Madrid until we do the business in the CL. A CL trophy would do more for this club than anything. Money is great and players love it but in most cases the one's with true ambition want to play at the absolute highest level and there is no doubt that in every respect that describes Barca and Madrid not because of their success domestically but in Europe. We need domestic and continental success to put ourselves in the conversation with the likes of Bayern and Juve. That should be our intermediate aim.

GoonerHart

The reality is that every club that isn't Barca or Madrid is a stepping stone club to a lot of players. To play for these 2 clubs is the pinnacle of the sport at the club level. We are not going to change that anytime soon. Even with domestic success(a title) which you would hope will come for us in the next couple of years we will still be viewed as a stepping stone club by players good enough to play for Barca and Madrid until we do the business in the CL. A CL trophy would do more for this club than anything. Money is great and players love it but in most cases the one's with true ambition want to play at the absolute highest level and there is no doubt that in every respect that describes Barca and Madrid not because of their success domestically but in Europe. We need domestic and continental success to put ourselves in the conversation with the likes of Bayern and Juve. That should be our intermediate aim.

I would say Barca have had a bit of a rejuvenation with messi obviously they weren't slouches but I don't remember them being so big and attractive to players but I was younger

Batman

I would say Barca have had a bit of a rejuvenation with messi obviously they weren't slouches but I don't remember them being so big and attractive to players but I was younger
That's true but they've always been a big club. Actually sadly their ascent into the stratosphere began that fateful night in Paris. :( Of course Pep came later but that victory brought them back into the minds of the football community as a truly great European club rather than just a great domestic one. They'd done nothing of note in Europe for over a decade prior. Pep and Messi's explosion took them to a new level which coincided with the rise of social media but they also had a rich history as well. Had we emerged victorious that night who knows how things may have turned out for both clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom