• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel9090

Im predicting he'll be another sanogo. Wengers fringe attack signings have been poor. Sanogo, Asano, Chu young and this poor chap could be next.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It is a different dynamic in L1 from that stand point. Both clubs have traded players regularly. It is harder for OM to sell to PSG (and vice versa) because of the rivalry and hate between the two clubs. Not nearly as intense between ASM and PSG.

Regularly? Monaco have sold PSG 3 players in 12 years, yes 12 years.

Kurzawa for 21m
Giuly on a free
Nene for 4m

Quite regular that. :eek:ops:

carlito'sway

Established Member

Kurzawa for 21m
Giuly on a free
Nene for 4m

Good point except that:
- First, for 7 or the last 12 yrs Monaco was fighting relegation in L2 if not playing there a season. Therefore they had very few players of interest for a PSG with European ambitions.
- Second thing, as I mentioned, historically, while they have been both rivals for a long time, they have done a lot of transfers between them the last 30 yrs, unlike an Arsenal to Chelsea or a Liverpool to Man U.
There is a long list of players who player for both teams in the 90's or 2000's when both clubs were on top.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Good point except that:
- First, for 7 or the last 12 yrs Monaco was fighting relegation in L2 if not playing there a season. Therefore they had very few players of interest for a PSG with European ambitions.
- Second thing, as I mentioned, historically, while they have been both rivals for a long time, they have done a lot of transfers between them the last 30 yrs, unlike an Arsenal to Chelsea or a Liverpool to Man U.
There is a long list of players who player for both teams in the 90's or 2000's when both clubs were on top.

:lol:

Kurzawa for 21m
Giuly on a free
Nene for 4m

I agree with carlito's. Monaco has no problem to sale players to anyone.
It's their policy to sale a player if it's a good bargain for them. They also sale their 3rd striker, Germain (a pretty good player, but with falcao and mbappé above...) to Marseille.
But I don't think there will be a deal for mbappé and PSG. I still believe that staying at monaco is the first option and Madrid the 2nd

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not enough goals without penalty's

Not sure on this, for example if he became our pen taker and had a season where he scored 25 goals, 10 of which were pens would we complain?

5 of Kane's were pens last season, he took 6 in total and missed 1.

BBF

Show me who is scoring more than he is minus penalties. Cavani and nobody else. In 2014-2015 when Lacazette won the golden boot Zlatan finished with 19 league goals. 8 of them were from penalties. Now please tell me how sh*t Zlatan was in France. In 2013-14 Zlatan had 26 league goals. 7 from penalties. I invite you again to tell me how sh*t Zlatan was for PSG.

Why are you calling Zlatan ****? :lol:

We're talking about Lazazette here. Do you think Lacazette's numbers are impressive? Do you think the people he scores against are strong teams?

BBF

9 years before Giroud signed.
1303010929fc414109d0015954.jpg

4 years since Giroud signed;

14020379767_68f6571a7d_o.gif
Arsenal+v+Hull+City+FA+Cup+Final+mGxxEb6UJBfl.jpg

2934F9D300000578-3103833-image-a-137_1433010610845.jpg

Aston+Villa+v+Arsenal+FA+Cup+Final+rVI_LBD5zOVl.jpg

0GT6b7tMym

TELEMMGLPICT000130231297-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqaBJSHwufYM_Fh0ArUj1hen6jm8JmtdbOYDNXtsUnvuU.jpeg

The big man (+Rambo & Alexis) has won more trophies for this club than any other Arsenal player in our squad right now. If he represents our 'stagnant period' then what do them other 21 phuckers signify??

All nice and all that our striker can assist a few goals a season which have luckily resulted in FA cup winners. But what about when he goes missing for a few months every season and it ends our title ambitions? Where was he when he couldn't hit the net for 15 games? 15 ****ing games from the starting striker at Arsenal who plays in front of Mesut Özil. It's so poor it's unreal.

We're talking about Lazazette here. Do you think Lacazette's numbers are impressive? Do you think the people he scores against are strong teams?

PEA played in the same league with the sames teams, sames GK and he scored 18 and 21 goals in his two best seasons. I have to admit he played for a lower team than Lyon (to be polite)

BBF

If you count all the seasons where he played as a striker (=4) without PK he scored 91 times. In 4 seasons...
Average per season = 22.75 goals... without PK...

It's not enough ????? Tell me, what should be the amount of goals that could satisfy your criteria of "enough" ?

I'd have confidence in him outscoring Giroud adequately if he was banging in... say 25 goals. 25 goals would mask all the criticisms of his back to goal play, heading and question marks of dribbling.

Latymer

So you'd rather risk another year or more of Giroud

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'd have confidence in him outscoring Giroud adequately if he was banging in... say 25 goals. 25 goals would mask all the criticisms of his back to goal play, heading and question marks of dribbling.
Why 25 goals? Through what heuristic evaluation process did you arrive at that number. If you just want to discredit Lacazette you should've just insisted on 22.76 goals/season.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Mbappe scores against the same teams. So does Cavani. Zlatan also did. Does that mean they're poor?

BBF

You lot are all putting words into my mouth. This is the Lacazette thread, not the Mbappe, or Ibrahimovic thread. One of those players is at the end of the career, who he still hasn't managed to outscore and he's genuinely proved it on the big stage. The second of those two players has scored more important goals in one season than Lacazette has managed in 8. If you think this guy is coming in from the French league and scoring at a similar rate in this league then you lot are kidding yourselves. In the last few years, the strikers from Ligue 1 who've arrived here in their prime haven't equalled their goal tallys in the Premier League. Like, Giroud bangs in 25 goals in his last season in France. Remy scores 20, Falcao 30 etc etc. All poorer returns in the prem than what they managed in their last season in France. It's quite obvious that his rate is likely to drop

So 23 not good enough
25 will be perfect for us

Heres the list of the players who did that
1. CRISTIANO RONALDO
2. L. MESSI
3. L. SUÁREZ
4. Z. IBRAHIMOVIC
5. R. LEWANDOWSKI
6. E. CAVANI
7. G. HIGUAÍN
8. S. AGÜERO
9. P. AUBAMEYANG
10. NEYMAR

You can also count Griez, or H Kane even if you want

Pick your choice but remember that PEA (the only choice "possible") played in Ligue 1 and didn't reach 25 g/seas during this period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom