• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes people have lot of what ifs we sign those two and sell Sanchez and they do this or that and we somehow get 3 points more next season. That is a improvement sure...

But what if we keep our best player and add two players and add those two players to complement him. That might push us to the title.

Last edited:

karl

I don't want to keep Alexis against his will. The club need to act quickly and decisively (for a change) to demonstrate what he will be missing.

I don't know what they are sitting on all those funds for. Plenty more is coming each year in this ridiculously extravagant tv deal and prices will only go up.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don't want to keep Alexis against his will. The club need to act quickly and decisively (for a change) to demonstrate what he will be missing.

I don't know what they are sitting on all those funds for. Plenty more is coming each year in this ridiculously extravagant tv deal and prices will only go up.

I've seen nothing to indicate that he actually wants to leave. He's never indicated anything of the sort in anything he has said. All these stories are based largely on speculation and assumptions derived from the fact he hasn't yet signed a new contract (plus too much is always made of Champions League football, as though it's the only thing big players care about and as though they're incapable of looking beyond the upcoming season).

It's natural, of course, for Alexis to have his agent get a feel for what other options might be out there as he works to get the best deal possible from Arsenal. But I expect that once Alexis and Arsène sit down together, they'll probably work something out fairly quickly. And even if Alexis doesn't see his long-term future at Arsenal, I doubt that he'll try to force an immediate move. He will give everything he has for Arsenal, contract or no contract.

Axel9090

Lol, a swap deal for anthony martial? No thank you. I dont want Sanchez playing at all against us next season in the league/fa cup/carling cup.

Id be gutted if he went at all, but it would be slightly less painful if he went to Bayern.

Anyway, Martial should come here in addition to keeping Sanchez, but I dont see man utd selling him to us. I see him as a good alternative to Lacazette though. Aubameyang should be the main striker target any hoo.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Lol, a swap deal for anthony martial? No thank you. I dont want Sanchez playing at all against us next season in the league/fa cup/carling cup.

Id be gutted if he went at all, but it would be slightly less painful if he went to Bayern.

Anyway, Martial should come here in addition to keeping Sanchez, but I dont see man utd selling him to us. I see him as a good alternative to Lacazette though. Aubameyang should be the main striker target any hoo.
After one year... we won't have a choice. Martial has the potential to break out though...especially with a French Manager in Arsène Wenger.

The only way to deal with ManU for Martial is to give to get.
I believe in the potential of Martial being a World Class striker given the right circumstances. It's as much as a gamble then paying a ridiculous 130 million on Mbappe.

Axel9090

Id rather we get Mbappe to be honest.

Let Sanchez decide after one year, rather than accept deals from other clubs in the league or if Bayern come in with 60m pounds then sell him.

He could sign a new contract with us any time in the next year if he doesnt go anywhere and we are successful. That would be showing more ambition than selling him now to a prem club.

If we really want Martial, we could get him with money from man utd. He doesnt seem to have a future at all under Mourinho and Man Utd may be tempted to cut their losses. Its a long shot but if we do try, it should be money only.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'd consider a swap deal for Anthony Martial.
giphy.gif

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Martial is not a flop...he's just 21 years of age. He has shown potential to be a great player. Henry was labeled a flop at Juve before we went and got him.
He could give us long term stability if he realizes his potential.

People...don't forget...Sanchez just has a year to run out his contract. As things stand, we are not going to win the league with the current players. Sometimes, it's better to start again with some younger players like Tottenham did. I don't care if Sanchez helps ManU to win a title if it means we got a player in return that will help us win many.

Sanchez had a great season no doubt, but if he is intent in remaining in the Premier League with a different club after his contract finishes...then we might as get a potential star back in turn.

What if ManU offered 25 million plus Martial?
Sanchez is a great player, but not in the level of Messi and Ronaldo. In our history...he's just a bit below a healthy Van Persie.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Martial is not a flop...he's just 21 years of age. He has shown potential to be a great player. Henry was labeled a flop at Juve before we went and got him.
He could give us long term stability if he realizes his potential.
Exactly, people are wanking over Mbappe because he's the shiniest new player in the picture. But the case of Martial better resembles Wengers Henry transformation

If Sanchez isn't signing a contract this summer then there is absolutely no way he is signing one next summer when he can walk out on a free.

At least we can have some control on where he goes this summer but next summer he can walk out and go wherever he wants. Chelsea, Man U, Man C etc.

I would take a smaller transfer fee this summer to make sure he goes abroad. Would be heartbreaking to see him walk to Chelsea or Man U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom