• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Fouz

Fabinho would possibly make me happier than any signing bar Mbappe or Isco. It's often said that we've never replaced PV4, but it's Gilberto that we never replaced!

For me, Fabinho automatically improves any midfield. He's intelligent in his positioning, very mobile, a good passer, and just a class act in every respect. He'd allow us to play 4-2-3-1 and 3-4-3, and could play next to Xhaka, Ramsey or Ox while allowing their qualities to come to the fore. If he goes to United to play next to Pogba we'll regret it!
Can't like this post more.. the defensive cover he'd offer this team will allow us to switch back to a 4231 with the very attainable Mahrez on the RW.

Cech
Bellerin Moustafi Kos Seo
Xhaka Fabinho
Mahrez Özil Sanchez
Lacazette

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can't like this post more.. the defensive cover he'd offer this team will allow us to switch back to a 4231 with the very attainable Mahrez on the RW.

Cech
Bellerin Moustafi Kos Seo
Xhaka Fabinho
Mahrez Özil Sanchez
Lacazette
That looks tasty, but 3-4-2-1:

Cech
Holding Mustafi Kos
Ox Lemar Xhaka Seo
Özil Lacazette Alexis

Looks equally as good and suits the way we play (attacking and possession based ) more

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lemar is such a useful player, he can play LWB, CM and maybe LW in this formation as well as CAM, LW, CM in 4231. He's a top class utility player lol

Token Yank

Why does Rabiot not get mentioned more often? He's very Fabinho-like really, only 2 years left on his contract, seems like the sort who has the confidence to trust himself to stake a place in the team and boss it. Rabiot or Fabinho next to Xhaka and we don't need to worry about counter-attacks, we can crack on with the attacking.
He is my #1 wish list CM. He would be perfect with Xhaka. However, like people have mentioned, there is no way he is leaving PSG.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm a tad worried about what our team will look like for the community shield and opening day.

IF Lemar is signed It looks as if its going to be -

Cech

Ox - Holding - Gabriel - Monreal - Kolasinac

Ramsey - Xhaka

Özil - Lacazette - Lemar

Okay the forward line is fine to start the season but that back line looks proper dodgy...

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I think we need a central midfielder who is of starting quality that has the following attributes
- ability to travel with the ball/strength on the ball.
- decent or better technical ability.
- positional knowledge/defensive base to their game.

I think Rabiot would be ideal because he strikes a better balance. I'd take Fabinho. I think he probably edges Rabiot in terms of quality, but the former would suit us more.

I think we need a winger who can
- carry the ball to take some of the onus away from Özil in this regard.
- be a genuine threat in behind.
- use dribbling skills to break tight and packed defences and win penalties.

I think Mahrez would be ideal. I'd welcome Lemar because he can definitely do the first two but I'm not sure if he has that explosiveness that Mahrez can provide. He is definitely better than Mahrez in other elements.. particularly as a playmaker - but I feel that we need a different type of winger, more in the Mahrez mould.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I think we need a central midfielder who is of starting quality that has the following attributes
- ability to travel with the ball/strength on the ball.
- decent or better technical ability.
- positional knowledge/defensive base to their game.

I think Rabiot would be ideal because he strikes a better balance. I'd take Fabinho. I think he probably edges Rabiot in terms of quality, but the former would suit us more.

I think we need a winger who can
- carry the ball to take some of the onus away from Özil in this regard.
- be a genuine threat in behind.
- use dribbling skills to break tight and packed defences and win penalties.

I think Mahrez would be ideal. I'd welcome Lemar because he can definitely do the first two but I'm not sure if he has that explosiveness that Mahrez can provide. He is definitely better than Mahrez in other elements.. particularly as a playmaker - but I feel that we need a different type of winger, more in the Mahrez mould.

Mate, that is a good post...or are you a mind reader? ;)

The CM position should be the N0 1 priority at this point. Ramsey is not good enough and won't last the season anyway with his dodgy hamstrings.
What you said above is key particularly this: ability to travel with the ball/strength on the ball.
That is something Santi had in abundance as well as an ability to eliminate an opponent and open space for himself and the team.

That this position has not been addressed is a serious cause for concern. Fabinho could have been very good. He is not as creative as a Santi but he is technical and tactically disciplined.
Rabiot is good too but is not going anywhere. I love Goretzka and Seri could be a decent option a well.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I know its the wish list but I think you's have to be slightly realistic. The likelihood of us signing a CM is basically nill. As that's the case put down realistic targets, of course Lemar and Mahrez are our next targets. One or the other along with the current squad.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Come on..... Arsenal to buy Lacazette, Mbappe and Lemar while keeping Alexis is much more realistic!
:lol:

Could easily get Lacazette, Lemar and keep Alexis. Plus I always said that Mbappe and the other two is only a possibility if Alexis left.

No need to act all childish we can have a proper conversation :)

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Squad:

Cech, Martinez, Bellerin, Mustafi, Kos, Per, Holding, Chambers, Gabriel, Monreal, Kolasinac*, Ox, Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneny, Cazorla, Lemar*, Alexis, Özil, Iwobi, Lacazette*, Welbeck, Giroud, Mahrez*

Youth: Bramall, Bielik, Maitland-Niles, Bennacer, Nwakali, Reine-Adelaide, Nelson, Malen, Barkok*

Would that be enough? What more could be added, GK, CM?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Squad:

Cech, Martinez, Bellerin, Mustafi, Kos, Per, Holding, Chambers, Gabriel, Monreal, Kolasinac*, Ox, Xhaka, Ramsey, Elneny, Cazorla, Lemar*, Alexis, Özil, Iwobi, Lacazette*, Welbeck, Giroud, Mahrez*

Youth: Bramall, Bielik, Maitland-Niles, Bennacer, Nwakali, Reine-Adelaide, Nelson, Malen, Barkok*

Would that be enough? What more could be added, GK, CM?

Iwobi will be counted in youth.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In Van Dijk, Goretzka, Lemar, Dembele.

Out - Szszney, Chambers, Gabriel, Campbell, Akpom, Wilshere, Perez, Giroud.

Sanchez can go next summer, Dembele will be established by then.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not really sure what to think of our squad at the moment. Its so bloated and we really don't know for sure what some players are doing which is annoying. We have 32 players on the books to fit into a 25 man squad.

Definitely staying -

Cech
Martinez*
Bellerin*
Koscielny
Gabriel
Mustafi
Mertesacker
Monreal
Kolasinac
Ramsey*
Cazorla
Xhaka
Elneny
Coquelin*
Özil
Welbeck*
Giroud
Lacazette
Walcott*

Others -

Szczesny (Gone)
Ospina (Probably stay)
Gibbs (Gone)
Debuchy (Gone)
Jenkinson (Gone)
Holding (Probably staying)
Chambers (Loan 50/50)
Wilshere (50/50)
Ox (50/50)
Joel (Gone)
Perez (depends on incomings)
Akpom (Gone)
Alexis (50/50)

Guess you could expect Holding and Ospina to stay. After that its very 50/50.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi, Kos, Holding, Kolasinac, Monreal, Ox, Ramsey, Xhaka, Lemar, Alexis, Özil, Iwobi, Lacazette, Giroud (maybe Welbeck)

Providing the Lemar deal gets done, these are the players I like and trust to perform well next season. I count 16/17, which leaves 8/9 places left in the 25 man squad.

You obviously can't have 25 top quality players, some need to be more back-up types. But with 9 places i'm sure there's room for one more top quality player. What do you guys think, if you could have anyone in the realms of realism, who would you add?

It would be Koulibaly or Fabinho for me.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
My current wishlist is to get Lemar in. And it would be good to get an old (Fees will be cheaper) but extremely talented striker like Cavani in as well. This will help push Arsenal into the no1 spot instead of just being top 4.

Players to go will be Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs and Ospina. Sorry I am not against English players but these players just blow hot and cold and give very inconsistent performances.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
My current wishlist is to get Lemar in. And it would be good to get an old (Fees will be cheaper) but extremely talented striker like Cavani in as well. This will help push Arsenal into the no1 spot instead of just being top 4.

Players to go will be Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs and Ospina. Sorry I am not against English players but these players just blow hot and cold and give very inconsistent performances.
Lacazette is here why Cavani?

And losing three english players means we are off matching the quota. imo we will see wilshere and gibbs leave tho

Latest posts+

Top Bottom