• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

Yeah its 100m for transfer fees I think. If you bring in Lemar and Laca you pretty much wipe that out.

We have to remember to make that wage jump it's a pretty big deal, if Alexis, Özil, Ox and Ramsey sign new deals you're adding another 20m to the yearly wage bill. On top of Lacazette at 175k a week, Kolasinac at 140k a week and Lemar would no doubt be on around 100k a week. That's pretty much an extra 40m in wages which is a huge jump.

Who in the hell negotiated kolasinac's contract?! I get that he was a free agent but come on, it's ridiculous wages.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because the club has a ridiculous problem with offloading players who are on overinflated contracts. Why do you think we can never sell anyone? Because we're the only ones willing to pay big wages to squad players.

He isn't a squad player? You'll see on tour how much he'll offer us at LWB my friend.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Who in the hell negotiated kolasinac's contract?! I get that he was a free agent but come on, it's ridiculous wages.

I highly doubt he's making that much. For one thing, we really don't know exactly what any of these guys are making. It's not like clubs announce it publicly or anything. Sometimes papers just make it up and it varies wildly. And sometimes pounds and euros become interchangeable. In this case, Bild reported that Kolasinac would be making €140,000 a week (less than £125k). So then English sources started quoting it at £140,000 and that's what everybody thinks he's making.

WhatAFC

'We're the only ones willing to pay big wages to squad players'

Is what you said. But it's all fair enough you're entitled to your turtles.
In a post that didn't reference kolasinac at all. If you can't understand a post I guess you probably shouldn't reply to it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In a post that didn't reference kolasinac at all. If you can't understand a post I guess you probably shouldn't reply to it.

Nah you started off by saying that's too much for Kolasinac then went onto say we pay too much for squad players.

But like I said, all entitled to our own opinions yours is just as good as say Darren from the mental ward. All equal!

WhatAFC

Nah you started off by saying that's too much for Kolasinac then went onto say we pay too much for squad players.

But like I said, all entitled to our own opinions yours is just as good as say Darren from the mental ward. All equal!
That we pay too much in wages for squad players was in reference to the club as a whole and someone asking why I care about what's paid. It was about the clubs social wage structure it adopted years ago, which hinders the club in many ways.

I'd like to say I'm surprised that you can't grasp that but reading some of your posts I can't say I am.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That we pay too much in wages for squad players was in reference to the club as a whole and someone asking why I care about what's paid. It was about the clubs social wage structure it adopted years ago, which hinders the club in many ways.

I'd like to say I'm surprised that you can't grasp that but reading some of your posts I can't say I am.

Peace homie just be happy about signings and culling the squad.

Fouz

Wouldn't be against it, would allow us to bring a top top CM in EG Naby Keita.
I'd love us to try and get Fabinho, looks to have everything, mobility, height/strength, passing, football brain.
Could partner or fill in for Xhaka.

We could safely go back to 4231 if we sign Fabinho & Mahrez.

Xhaka Fabinho
Mahrez Özil Alexis (Lemar - If Alexis was sold)
Lacazette

Hands down, the best team we've had since 2008 (Hleb, fabregas. Flamini, Rosicky, RVP, Adebawhore), arguably better, more balanced & certainly less injury prone.

Add VVD to that & you have a team that would walk the league & compete for CL had we qualified.

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We could safely go back to 4231 if we sign Fabinho & Mahrez.

Xhaka Fabinho
Mahrez Özil Alexis (Lemar)
Lacazette

Hands down, the best team we've had since 2008 (Hleb, fabregas. Flamini, Rosicky, RVP, Adebawhore), arguably better, more balanced & certainly less injury prone.

Add VVD to that & you have a team that would walk the league & compete for CL had we qualified.

Don't have near the budget to get Fabinho, Lemar, Mahrez, and van Dijk. Even after getting rid of the dross.

Fouz

Don't have near the budget to get Fabinho, Lemar, Mahrez, and van Dijk. Even after getting rid of the dross.

True mate, that's why I left VVD out of the line up its more of wishful thinking.. but the rest is within our budget, no?

Edit: I meant lemar in the case of selling Alexis. So it's basically Fabinho & Mahrez.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'd like to get Fabinho and Lemar, while keeping Alexis. I think that could be possible, but I doubt Monaco will sell any more players. They're already playing hardball with Lemar.

Fabinho, Ceballos, Kovacic, and Tolisso were my midfield options for the transfer window. It looks like Lemar will be that, though. I'm sure Ox will get more game time at midfield too. It will be interesting to see where Ox plays during these next four pre-season matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom