• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
One YT clip is all it takes to judge a players skill and future these days..?

Loaning him to Granada was a huge mistake from Arsenal's end or whoever facilitated that loan. Look at Granada ffs. They were pisspoor this entire season. Wouldn't expect Toral to have had much chance there. When a team is struggling like they were, then they usually don't use their 21 year old loanees but stick to vets or own talent. Horrible settings for Toral. Can't judge much from that.

I'm not saying he's going to be a world beater, but the man was with us for 3 years following his move from Barcelona, and then he's been loaned out to several clubs ever since. Give the guy a break from loans here and there and let him stay at Arsenal and get some chances. Think he could become a very decent rotational player for us - and I would 100% prefer if we were to develop our own squaddies instead of paying big money for players who didn't quite make the cut to be starters, who then sit on the bench because they're too expensive to release.

He also scored this beauty for Granada in Copa del Rey even though only playing 10 minutes that game.

I think we didn't care much about his destination. I'm guessing we figured he won't cut it here.

I'm more than 110% confident he won't make it here. From that video his technical level was very poor. His touches very heavy and forced. Doing backheels and flicks which like Ramsey hardly came off, looked off-as in the quality of them- and there wasn't much reason behind doing that stuff-meaning good players do them when its the best solution to a given situation. He has good shooting technique, yes. Apart from that he has nothing to his game.

Great goal but it has nothing to do with for how long he was on the pitch so I don't get your point there. Like I said his shooting technique looks good. Otherwise he is very underwhelming.

We'll have to disagree on this one Sir Emile.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In league cup games next season I'd like something like this for our fron 5 (if we continue this 3-4-2-1:

Jeff - AMN

Iwobi - Jon Toral

Mavididi or Nketiah​

Jeff and AMN to provide the engine and control needed at the center. Both capable of running with the ball but with AMN being the more disciplined when coupled with Jeff, who'll be given free roam much like Ramsey. He got some Diaby-esque running and technique over him so he could very well develop into something here.

Iwobi and Toral could be our two AMs. Iwobi with his elegant style could be a threat if he gets into the box and he could be a very important part of combinations with either Toral, the midfield duo or the wing-backs. Toral is rumored to have been given an extension prior to his loan to Rangers, so I'd be interested in seeing him play some games for us next season. He could have the AM or CM position next to either Iwobi or AMN, but I'd prefer him as more of an attacking threat further up. Seems to have a decent finish in him.

Then field our biggest striker talent in the games too, to give him some experience against better teams on a bigger stage, slowly building them up.
I'd probably replace Toral with Nelson or Willock.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Toral is terrible. Watched him a couple of times for Birmingham last season and he was clearly not Arsenal quality. Like a worse version of Ramsey with half the drive.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
****, forgot he's only just turned 21. Not as explosive start as all our overhyped talents we've had the last 10 years but keeps getting better silently and actually performs well quite consistently. I think we might have someone quite good here, would not be surprised if he gets a better career than Ramsey/wilshere in the end, despite not really having a standout quality so far. (Maybe his touch if something)

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
His touch and the physical attributes (strength, balance, coordination) make him a great player for the premier league. if he develops his game intelligence and positioning, i'd love him to take over the cazorla role in deeper midfield (but iwobi-xhaka pairing is not the most reliable defensively).

tcahill

Thoughts on Iwobi playing as the offensive CM in the 3-4-3? Their main role is carrying the ball forward getting into offensive positions, with limited defensive duties. I think he could actually fit quite well only concern is his stamina. Wouldn't mind seeing Wenger trying this in pre-season.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Thoughts on Iwobi playing as the offensive CM in the 3-4-3? Their main role is carrying the ball forward getting into offensive positions, with limited defensive duties. I think he could actually fit quite well only concern is his stamina. Wouldn't mind seeing Wenger trying this in pre-season.
Iwobi can play a lot of positions, wouldn't look out of place as the offensive cm. Very good to have such a young player. Right now it would be best for him to focus on one kind of role so he can develop. I imagine he would be best in the Özil false attacker role in this new system.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I believe he is being groomed to take over Özil once he leaves.
Definitely has a lot of great qualitiea going fot him.

Me too. I think he could be a good fit for the No.10 role. Doesn't have the passing range of Özil but he's a great ball carrier. And he plays best when he's given a free role. He's a bit of a risk to be played on the wings as he doesn't track back well enough.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Never understood the abuse he got for periods of last season. He is a young pup learning his trade and has had some outstanding moments for us. Given he is 21 came through our youth ranks looks very promising and hasn't had any major injuries then we should be excited. We should expect up and downs and support the player in the good times and the bad.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I was thinking this recently. Everyone seems up throwing Lemar in there, so why has Iwobi been overlooked?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I was shocked for last 6 months reading most of our fans dont rate him or dont care for him. This kid blew my mind when he began to breakthrough. He was probably our best player at the beginning of the last season, before the team started to struggle and we stopped playing A mobile striker up front. His movements of the ball and energy on the ball are just great... hopefully he gets his confidence up high this preasason cause thats all he needs. You could see how much it means to him to assist, score a goal, score a penalty,..kid needs that confidence, the reat will come easily

I was thinking this recently. Everyone seems up throwing Lemar in there, so why has Iwobi been overlooked?

I said it earlier in reverse thread that Wenger will probably try him out there in carling cup or EL. Think he might do Ramsey role pretty well if he is up for it.

Only question will be how he does defensively!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Never understood the abuse he got for periods of last season. He is a young pup learning his trade and has had some outstanding moments for us. Given he is 21 came through our youth ranks looks very promising and hasn't had any major injuries then we should be excited. We should expect up and downs and support the player in the good times and the bad.
I was shocked for last 6 months reading most of our fans dont rate him or dont care for him. This kid blew my mind when he began to breakthrough. He was probably our best player at the beginning of the last season, before the team started to struggle and we stopped playing A mobile striker up front. His movements of the ball and energy on the ball are just great... hopefully he gets his confidence up high this preasason cause thats all he needs. You could see how much it means to him to assist, score a goal, score a penalty,..kid needs that confidence, the reat will come easily
How often have we seen this happen the season after a breakthrough for a youngster. Bellerin got it even worse because we had nobody to rely on while he was going through a rubbish patch. Wenger shielded Iwobi while he went through a rough patch. Definitely still feel this lad will be a big star and a game changing player in the future. Hoping for a good season from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom