• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

GoonerBoy19

The difference between us and Liverpool is that they will throw real money like they did with Keita and we will stick to our valuation and lowball Monco further. I wouldn't be surprised if pool sign him for 70mn odd as we will never pay that amount.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The difference between us and Liverpool is that they will throw real money like they did with Keita and we will stick to our valuation and lowball Monco further. I wouldn't be surprised if pool sign him for 70mn odd as we will never pay that amount.

To be fair we are offering a reported 50m. Of course sometimes there will be a gap between our max valuation & the price Monaco will sell for... Just like with Liverpool & RB Leipzig.

Liverpool & Klopp are no example to follow with how they annoy clubs & even get caught tapping up. Looks like their tactics are costing them deals or at the very least millions this window. Bunch of clowns.

Guntalk12

The difference between us and Liverpool is that they will throw real money like they did with Keita and we will stick to our valuation and lowball Monco further. I wouldn't be surprised if pool sign him for 70mn odd as we will never pay that amount.[/QUO

Liverpool have never spent more than 35m on a player, so why you think they'd outbid us I don't know....

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Mahrez is supposed to be having a medical with Roma and a fee has been agreed according to Sky Sports.
Losing LEmar and mahrez. Prepare for another season with THEO Walcott! I hope Nelson do an Mbappe. If only we give him the chance

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Losing LEmar and mahrez. Prepare for another season with THEO Walcott! I hope Nelson do an Mbappe. If only we give him the chance

We have probably never been interested in Mahrez this summer. But if you want to use him to attack the club i guess we have to live with that.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We have probably never been interested in Mahrez this summer. But if you want to use him to attack the club i guess we have to live with that.
Yes, I attack the fact we are always short in quality. That the team keeps a player who is not good enough and is not interested in signing more quality because th don't want to hurt their feelings.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Yes, I attack the fact we are always short in quality. That the team keeps a player who is not good enough and is not interested in signing more quality because th don't want to hurt their feelings.

Theo scored 19 goals in 37 games last season while Mahrez scored 10 in 48 games. If you look at their overall points Theo had 21 points while Mahrez had 17. Yes, Mahrez IS better technically but i am not sure he will ever reach the level he reached 15/16 again.

Don D

Theo scored 19 goals in 37 games last season while Mahrez scored 10 in 48 games. If you look at their overall points Theo had 21 points while Mahrez had 17. Yes, Mahrez IS better technically but i am not sure he will ever reach the level he reached 15/16 again.
So swapping Walcott for mahrez wouldn't be an improvement?

Don D

Do think theo is a better option as a wide man than anyone he scored more than?

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
So swapping Walcott for mahrez wouldn't be an improvement?

Maybe, maybe not. Technically yes but can we be sure that Mahrez will replace Walcotts 21 ponts? Can we be sure that Walcott will achieve less points than 21 next season? The answer is no. Mahrez may be a one season wonder like Michu.

Sanis

I think, that Mahrez would improve this team significantly, while Lemar looks out of reach, because of insane money, that Monaco want for him. There would probably be a couple of bids raised by 2-5 millions and they will be rejected as well.

Don D

Maybe, maybe not. Technically yes but can we be sure that Mahrez will replace Walcotts 21 ponts? Can we be sure that Walcott will achieve less points than 21 next season? The answer is no. Mahrez may be a one season wonder like Michu.
Who can we be sure of that will replace Theo's 21 points?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This has become one of those sagas. Based on absolutely very little other than knowing we've some interest. The only reliable source that mentioned us in relation to Lemar was Orny and he said that we weren't at all close to getting him.

As for Mahrez, well that's complete fiction as it was last summer too other than maybe some interest in the player. We've never ever made a serious attempt to sign him though.

Diddinho

Looking solely on the amount of points a players gets is not interesting at all. For Walcott only 12/21 came in the PL, while five of his goals came against a weak Soton team (3), Sutton (1) and Lincoln in the FA-cup.

Mahrez had 9 in the PL, compared to Theos 12. Walcott plays in a more advanced role for a far superior team. Comparing apples to oranges is really quite uninteresting. Granted, Theo had less minutes played. But focusing solely on points is no way to compare players.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Looking solely on the amount of points a players gets is not interesting at all. For Walcott only 12/21 came in the PL, while five of his goals came against a weak Soton team (3), Sutton (1) and Lincoln in the FA-cup.

Mahrez had 9 in the PL, compared to Theos 12. Walcott plays in a more advanced role for a far superior team. Comparing apples to oranges is really quite uninteresting. Granted, Theo had less minutes played. But focusing solely on points is no way to compare players.

Are we supposed to take away goals against weak teams? I dont think that is fair.

Yes, Theo was in the better team but does that guarantee that Mahrez wasnt a one season wonder?

Top Bottom