• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taurus

Saw glimpses of real quality yesterday. His explosivness, movement, link up play was great to watch and I'm really excited to see what he can offer for this season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Someone on here posted last week that Lacaz is no more than a £15m player :lol:
A £15m player 17 years and 3 months ago... I mean, what the **** point is there in stating what he would have been worth in another time anyway? And how would anyone know how much he'd have been worth anyway? Based on what? It's absurd.

Impact

Established Member
His explosiveness was very encouraging. Said it earlier in pre-season, expecting 25+ goals from him this year.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

A £15m player 17 years and 3 months ago... I mean, what the **** point is there in stating what he would have been worth in another time anyway? And how would anyone know how much he'd have been worth anyway? Based on what? It's absurd.
That's not what he meant...different poster... are you still raging Jury? Smh.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

No, they were saying is only a £15m player now, they were slagging him off. Nothing to do with days gone by or anything like that.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Someone on here posted last week that Lacaz is no more than a £15m player :lol:

There have been a lot of daft things posted in this thread. Lacazette is getting better with each game but i'm still gonna need at least another 37 games before i make my mind up on him.

avalonhse

:lol: I'm looking at prices with respect to how Wenger spends and what he expects for the outlay. Football fee inflation is irrelevant. We absolutely should expect a player with very good technical ability for £50m, because it's Arsenal and Wenger spending it.

Dont think so. Wenger has changed because he learned the reason why he lost Higuain and Suarez.

He bought Özil with premium too. Mbappe is not worth 87M but Wenger still bid it.

He changed.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No, they were saying is only a £15m player now, they were slagging him off. Nothing to do with days gone by or anything like that.
Yeah, they were stating now, which is obviously ridiculous. Bit of a troll post tbh :lol: Also, though, I don't understand this valuation of him 20 years ago stuff.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Dont think so. Wenger has changed because he learned the reason why he lost Higuain and Suarez.

He bought Özil with premium too. Mbappe is not worth 87M but Wenger still bid it.

He changed.

I don't think Wenger changed. Our finances changed. And we were also getting a bit desperate and needed to throw a bit more caution to the wind. Mbappe is worth £87m for sure when you consider his age, ability, trajectory and potential sell-on price. In fact, its a no-brainer imo.

TheIceman85

Anyone else think his performance improved after he moved to wide left yesterday?

Apart from his goal he looked a little isolated and starved of service. Not his fault obviously and that should improve when the rest of the team gets used to playing with him.

But after his positional switch he seemed to be more involved. He had more space, got more touches and was able to move inside in to dangerous positions where it's harder for the centre-backs to track him.

avalonhse

Yeah, they were stating now, which is obviously ridiculous. Bit of a troll post tbh :lol: Also, though, I don't understand this valuation of him 20 years ago stuff.

I dont know you talk about me or some one else, but who said about Lacazette worth 15M 20 years ago?

Im confused because it is not me.

LacaNewSigning

One reason I really think he will be a hit is because when Wenger spends big money on players, they're usually hits. Özil, Sanchez, Xhaka, Arshavin.

Another thing about Lacazette, it doesn't look like he will be pushed around and bullied by EPL defenders and he's very technical in the way he plays

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I wasn't involved in any of that. Its pretty impossible to equate todays fees with years ago anyway, too many variables in football.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
One reason I really think he will be a hit is because when Wenger spends big money on players, they're usually hits. Özil, Sanchez, Xhaka, Arshavin.

Another thing about Lacazette, it doesn't look like he will be pushed around and bullied by EPL defenders and he's very technical in the way he plays

Agreed, he's an ideal build for the PL, ie muscular with a low centre of gravity. Alexis has done well and he's much shorter.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think people are worried that he doesnt look extravagant in any way. He's not Henry fast, he's not tall and he hasn't got an aura most elite strikers might have. But he's been going about his business for years and continues to.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You misunderstood my post.
I didn't. @tap-in was talking about a random poster (probably Hydro) calling Laca a 15m player a.k.a. nothing special. You took that comment, out of context, and just proceided to drive home your point about valuations of players in different times.

I didn't. @tap-in was talking about a random poster (probably Hydro) calling Laca a 15m player a.k.a. nothing special. You took that comment, out of context, and just proceided to drive home your point about valuations of players in different times.

I never said Lacazette was 15 M you ****ing clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom