• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I was asking during pre-season why we weren't playing something close to our starting 11 so the team chemistry could build from there and then when we add the missing players it could only get better from there. But no, not wenger, he plays a bunch of kids who wont even see the bench unless out regular injury crisis occurs.
Today, and even last week if we're to be honest with ourselves, there we're a lot of misplaced passes and miscommunication. The team doesnt know how to play with each other so it's like we're in our pre season now.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Fully agree with this guy...

Oh, and :lol: at p*****s in pink.
What a dickhead.

This guy knows nothing about the medical discussions on Mertersaker's stitches or the behind the scenes stuff on Chambers. And of course Kos is suspended.

Funny how ignorance and arrogance are so often entwined.

Preacher

Always Crying
Wenger is trying too much to be a hipster this season. It didn't take long to bite him in the ass.
Playing that many players out of the position. Mad.
I don't even want to write about formation after his subs.
Game against Leicester was a warning, but today he truly lost the plot.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

If there was a big risk of him reopening the wound, surely Holding would have taken his place on the bench?
At the end of the day Bould is our defensive coach and he/Wenger made those decisions for a reason. And often we don't know what those reasons are.

And just possibly, after keeping a club in the top 4 of the EPL without a lot of money for 20 years, they might know a tad more than a kid who plays Championship Manager. Just saying.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I'm going to sound like a loon but I almost wonder if he's deliberately sabotaging the back 3 so he can go back to his preferred formation without criticism. Frankly that makes more sense than deliberately playing without CBs when they're available.

IslingtonBornandbred

At the end of the day Bould is our defensive coach and he/Wenger made those decisions for a reason. And often we don't know what those reasons are.

And just possibly, after keeping a club in the top 4 of the EPL without a lot of money for 20 years, they might know a tad more than a kid who plays Championship Manager. Just saying.

Bould isn't our defensive coach, he puts the cones out and collects his salary. Wenger makes many decisions for a reason, however often his reasons are misguided.

A lot of money for 20 years? Haha, inheriting a top back four/five, one of the worlds best left backs coming through the youth system, Bergkamp/Vieira before the 00's. He was a lucky man.

Same mistakes over and over again. Ask yourself why we are trying to offload so many average players? Don't buy the without a lot of money. Our club of our size shouldn't have been signing Silvestre, Kallstrom, Santos....all these donkeys.

Wenger pre 2007 is one man. Wenger post 2007 is another. Wenger post 2011 is another. As far as I am concerned, a guy who's been standing and sitting in the North Bank for 30 years and defended him against those abusing and swearing at him live in the flesh at the Emirates, the guy can take his FA cups and shove them up his backside.

He's become very very complacent and I think he's forget how lucky he is to manage a club like ours. How about we send him down to West Brom or Burnley and see how he does without a lot of money? Let's bring someone in with some balls who actually wants to win.

IslingtonBornandbred

I'm going to sound like a loon but I almost wonder if he's deliberately sabotaging the back 3 so he can go back to his preferred formation without criticism. Frankly that makes more sense than deliberately playing without CBs when they're available.

Are we the loons? Or is he the loon?

Who's stopping him playing four at the back when needed? Just because his version of 5 at the back worked for a short while, doesn't mean that he can't play 4 at the back and it also work?

To go to Stoke and play Monreal MONREAL as your most central centre back is crazy. In fact it's so crazy I think you have a point. It HAS to be deliberate because no sane person would do it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fans wasting their time blaming Wenger every time we lose he going nowhere let's stick behind the team and support the players at least.

Ashybashy86

What a dickhead.

This guy knows nothing about the medical discussions on Mertersaker's stitches or the behind the scenes stuff on Chambers. And of course Kos is suspended.

If he's not fit to play, surely he shouldn't even be an option on the bench. Alexis wasn't.

"Funny how ignorance and arrogance are so often entwined" Sums up Wenger's performance today.

Last edited:

IslingtonBornandbred

Fans wasting their time blaming Wenger every time we lose he going nowhere let's stick behind the team and support the players at least.

There's a big difference between losing which everyone does, and losing in the same way year after year with the same mistakes being repeated.

You can't support a losing team unless you support Burnley and everything is a positive.

I wouldn't be so sure to say he's going nowhere. If things continue in the same manner or we find ourselves out of the title race by Christmas, he'll be gone before the end of the year. He and the board won't have a choice.

IslingtonBornandbred

What da FOOK has that got to do with anything? As if Bould ever has a say on selection :lol:

Wenger got rid of Keown for trying to sort them out, and won't let Adams anywhere near them. Same way he wouldn't let Vieira get hold of them. Wenger treats them like his precious babies.

He didn't seem to mind when Keown and Adams were ripping into Henry on the training pitch, roughing him up for English football. God forbid Keown tried to pull someone into place or told them any information.

Wenger. Go out and play lads. Do what you want.

LOL the guy's turned into a maniac.

Stalin

What a dickhead.

The only dickhead here is you. It is one thing to defend Wenger and bould by citing facts another by basing it purely on conjecture and misplaced faith.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There's a big difference between losing which everyone does, and losing in the same way year after year with the same mistakes being repeated.

You can't support a losing team unless you support Burnley and everything is a positive.

I wouldn't be so sure to say he's going nowhere. If things continue in the same manner or we find ourselves out of the title race by Christmas, he'll be gone before the end of the year. He and the board won't have a choice.
That will not happen I'm afraid after what happen last season and all the pressure from the fans to make him quit the club still give him new 2 years contract we can't do nothing. Again we have good squad we bought 2 good players it up to Arsène to get things right not f**king up the balance of his team

IslingtonBornandbred

Anyone who's honest with themselves knew it. Anyone who sees what unfolds and has the ability to analyse a game, win,lose or draw, and is above "Hurrr hurrr we won didn't we? You're all wrong!" knew sh!t wasn't far away.

I said that on here after Leicester. I said it was a mess. You could see it in the ground. I got told, it's the first game, he had to play him because XYZ. He could have had Maldini and Nesta available today. Because he won against Leicester he probably thinks he unlocked some magic formula of playing two lefts backs in the middle.

Ox and Sanchez are going to be praying for a move before September.

Last edited:

IslingtonBornandbred

That will not happen I'm afraid after what happen last season and all the pressure from the fans to make him quit the club still give him new 2 years contract we can't do nothing. Again we have good squad we bought 2 good players it up to Arséne to get things right not f**king up the balance of his team

Yeah, but he got the FA cup.

I'm not saying I'm personally going to do anything, and I don't believe fans on twitter or at the ground with protests can do anything.

But when the stadium turns, and I believe it will, there is only so long and so much him and the team can take. If it gets bad, I can't seem him lasting two years. It will be a mutual agreement.

IslingtonBornandbred

Lmfao. The only maniac here is you.

Imagine thinking we need a dumb clown like Tony Adams here. :lol:

Seriously, what is up with you? Is it the summer holidays and you are allowed to stay up late?

Show some respect boy. Tony Adams would teach our defenders more than they've learnt under Wenger in a couple of training sessions. That's not for debate. You think Rob Holding and Calum Chambers wouldn't learn from Adams?

The likes of Adams taught Ashley Cole how to play his role. Ask him. Ask him who taught him positioning and how to defend? He'll tell you Tony Adams. He'll also tell you Wenger didn't teach him anything about defending. But you must know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom