• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The initial shoulder charge was a clear red for violent conduct. No attempt to play the ball.

I suppose it is naïve of Wilshere but you can understand his feeling of a need to defend himself after being physically attacked.

Gabriel was just stupidly letting Costa get under his skin and not leaving it. Not really the same thing to me.
The Gabriel incident was because Costa pushed Kos over. But Kos should have writhed around.

Hate this stuff, but we're always the ones being punished.

Even against Stoke the BBC pundits were saying that Bellern was naive for not going down on the second Diouf lunge.

Danny Murphy said: "Again it's Diouf. He's playing in defensive areas and he doesn't half lunge in. What's the old classic we've been talking about, you have to do go down if you want a penalty? It's hard for referees to give a penalty if you're too honest."

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We are crying out for some "hard men" (not saying hes hard) and now people are complaining because he showed some aggresiveness...

word for word this is exactly what someone wrote when Gabriel reacted to Costa. I'm 1000% for us being hard. If you're not smart/shrewd out there in the games that matter you're a total liabilitiy. I'm a fan of Jack but the prem is full of wind up merchants (e.g.: Ali)

TriniGunner

If you are pro footballer, or even a player competing regularly, a long term injury puts you in a pretty depressed mood. When you're back, the worst thing that can happen is a player giving you a bad tackle. At that point, all you think about is the fact that you were out for so long and this asshole now comes to put you back on the injury table. I've been there and was sent off as a GK and banned for 2 months...(a brawl broke out). It's the same thing that happened to Diaby when we drew that game vs Newcastle 4-4. He was out for a long time and Barton gave him a nasty tackle. At that point your blood boils red hot knowing you could have been injured again. This is no excuse for Wilshere's behaviour but as a footballer you have to understand why he'd get so upset by a bad tackle.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This the trouble with football in a nutshell. The initial tackle was not good and if Wilshere had gone down writhing in agony Smith might have been shown a red given Wishere's injury record.

But getting up and pushing one player and fighting with another shows total naivety about the modern game and how to other professionals play it. Similar thing happened against Chelsea with Gabriel 2 seasons ago. Costa with a smirk that day.

I didnt mean stay down to get the other player sent off, I meant stay down to calm down and stay out of trouble. If you feel your blood boiling the worse thing you can do is react because you will react badly. He needs to learn control, staying down would have allowed the red mist to clear.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I didnt mean stay down to get the other player sent off, I meant stay down to calm down and stay out of trouble. If you feel your blood boiling the worse thing you can do is react because you will react badly. He needs to learn control, staying down would have allowed the red mist to clear.
So that's a two reasons to stay down.

Nemetoss

The fight would have ended with Jack pushing the first city player, and he would've even survived with a yellow. It's the other City player, who grabbed Wilshere by the neck, who turned things out of control. He made it worse than it had to be.

Linson

Wow, there's an incredible turnaround on this forum! It's only a couple of months ago the vast majority of people here were saying sell him. I've never understood that, this guy loves and breathes arsenal, has world class midfield quality and I'd tough on the pitch. He's exactly what we need. Only a fool would sell him.

Personally I'd slam him straight in there as a second half sub whenever he's ready. On his day, he's the best player at this club.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He cannot be in the first team now, not even on the bench.

Maybe after the international break. This actually could be a good thing for him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Vieira and Keane used to lose their cool too and end up getting sent off, those two are absolutely idolised. Jack is a guy who's had a hard time with injuries and was the victim of a really poor tackle so it's definitely understandable that he'd be pissed off.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

He should have just grabbed the kid by his shirt and not let him move while menacingly looking him in the eye while wagging a finger at him. That's true intimidation.
This sounds like something you pay a dominatrix to do for you after work before you return home to your Stepford Family.

Wow, there's an incredible turnaround on this forum! It's only a couple of months ago the vast majority of people here were saying sell him. I've never understood that, this guy loves and breathes arsenal, has world class midfield quality and I'd tough on the pitch. He's exactly what we need. Only a fool would sell him.

Personally I'd slam him straight in there as a second half sub whenever he's ready. On his day, he's the best player at this club.
Didn't realise what a fool I've been. There's me thinking all along only a fool would want him back. Just goes to show. What? Pass.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If you are pro footballer, or even a player competing regularly, a long term injury puts you in a pretty depressed mood.

the millionaire athlete who hasn't had to work a day in his life is depressed? boo-fooking hoo

lets reserve that speak for actual real people suffering

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
the millionaire athlete who hasn't had to work a day in his life is depressed? boo-fooking hoo

lets reserve that speak for actual real people suffering
What about the millionaire footballer Steven Caulker and his depression? Because he earns more does that mean he isn't entitled to have mental health problems? Are such things only for the 'hard working' working men of the world? Absolute stupidity on every count in this post.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Vieira and Keane used to lose their cool too and end up getting sent off, those two are absolutely idolised. Jack is a guy who's had a hard time with injuries and was the victim of a really poor tackle so it's definitely understandable that he'd be pissed off.

but it was not a real game ffs

And being a real hardman is about being hard for real so people don't do that ****

nobody is afraid of Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom