• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Sp**s made a ~70M profit on Bale alone, don't think they're constantly making losses on their players.
I mean it recent times. Apart from the Adebayor and Assou-Ekotto situations where they literally had to pay them to leave they've sold Fazio, Chiriches, NJie, Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue, Dempsey and Holtby for a loss. The same will probably happen for Janssen and Sissoko.
The point @Toast is making is that regardless of losses, these are revenue streams for clubs. Revenue streams where we are pathetically behind our rivals.
It helps that those clubs have had new managers come in as well, with no attachment to the players they inherited. Potch sold most of AVB's dross, Guardiola got rid of Pellegrini's etc.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
In that period we've bought -

Debuchy - £13m (£13m loss)
Gabriel - £13m (£3m loss)
Welbeck - £18m (could make profit but won't sell)
Chambers - £18m (will break even)
Alexis - £38m (going on a free, £38m loss)
Elneny - £11m (staying)
Cech - £12m (retiring here, £12m loss)
Xhaka - £38m
Mustafi - £35m (Maybe selling? Would be a loss)
Perez - £17m (taking a potential £3-6m loss)

Have we made the most out of the £213m spent in the past three years? No way.

Taking losses on 6 out of 10 signings over a 3 year period is piss poor from us, money just going down the drain.

Nobody said Arsenal are great at selling players at peak value and moving them. It's just that the raw stats presented as they were included effects of the larger amounts of spending done by the big 3. When you sell Di Maria at a huge loss after 1 year but still just add the transfer fee to the total incoming transfer £ without giving context, that is juicing and manipulating stats to fit the negative agenda of the forum.

How much did United spend on Falcao?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Hope we get at least one more player in. The defeats at the hands of bottom half teams will be easier to bear when we know that we've done everything we could to improve the team.

Malky

Established Member
Wenger now has one week left to sort this mess, because as it stands it looks like being a very long season ahead for us and I really don't know if I have the energy for it.
I'm so depressed with how we've went about the transfer window this summer. I genuinely, and stupidly, thought Wenger staying on would have a point to prove after finishing 5th and big changes were coming and a squad that could challenge for the title would be built.
Instead we're seeing the same reluctance to spend, same excuses, same problems shifting the deadwood that we've given big contacts to, same **** as every summer.
And there's not a genuine strong link to anyone that we're even trying to bring in a quality CB or CM.
Even worse is that a failure to really address the key areas this summer leads us into even bigger problem next summer. We've also got to take into account how toxic the atmosphere around the Emirates could get this season if the club don't get the business done that's needed before the window closes.

Giving Wenger this 2 year extension could well be the biggest mistake the clubs ever made.

Beast Incarnate

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Wenger just isn't capable of change. His way is the only way, despite it being proven again and again to be wrong.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
BTW mods, that ad thing that was happening to @Özillionaire is now happening for me.

Nothing on OSX yet for some reason, but on my windows desktop it was acting up.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
In that period we've bought -

Debuchy - £13m (£13m loss)
Gabriel - £13m (£3m loss)
Welbeck - £18m (could make profit but won't sell)
Chambers - £18m (will break even)
Alexis - £38m (going on a free, £38m loss)
Elneny - £11m (staying)
Cech - £12m (retiring here, £12m loss)
Xhaka - £38m
Mustafi - £35m (Maybe selling? Would be a loss)
Perez - £17m (taking a potential £3-6m loss)

Have we made the most out of the £213m spent in the past three years? No way.

Taking losses on 6 out of 10 signings over a 3 year period is piss poor from us, money just going down the drain.

I'm glad I have no need to employ you as an accountant. If you buy a car for £30,000 and trade it in five years later on a new one you haven't lost the difference between your purchase price and the trade-in value. You've invested that money in having that car for those five years. The same is true if you just keep that same £30,000 car until it's ready for the junk pile. The money you paid was still an investment, not a loss. On certain items, there is depreciation or allocating the cost of a tangible asset over its useful life.

The same is true of players. You've made an investment and each season that player plays for you is assigned a certain amount of value. Sometimes the investments don't pay off as well as you were expecting, while other times the investment may turn out to be profitable. But you still have to factor in the seasonal value over the life of the contract. So if Alexis leaves for free, Arsenal hasn't lost anything. They merely paid the transfer fee for the right to have his services over the life of the contract.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You know what is really insane? How people still keep repeating that completely bogus "definition" of insanity.
Huge amount of research on negativity and depression being 'catching'.

This forum would make a superb study for clinical psychologists. Probably the largest conglomeration of whinging f****s on the planet.

WakeupCall

Arsenal-Mania still pretending that Sp**s is somehow the promised land. Jesus Christ. We at our worst last two season have still managed to have better season than those ****s who will never ever do better than they are doing now. Get a ****ing grip boys.

We are just a different shade of ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom