• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Missed the Stoke match. How was Shkodran's first game as a side CB? He's had a few votes for our MOTM so thought I'd ask.

Dreadful. Turned an absolutely Gabriel-like performance and made more than a few mistakes. I am not sure what those who voted him as MOTM was thinking, because Mustafi's season is off to a very bad start and if he doesn't improve massively he's not good enough to be a starter.

OSBK

Established Member
Dreadful. Turned an absolutely Gabriel-like performance and made more than a few mistakes. I am not sure what those who voted him as MOTM was thinking, because Mustafi's season is off to a very bad start and if he doesn't improve massively he's not good enough to be a starter.

How was he dreadful? We conceded one goal which he couldnt do much about. Aside from that he didnt have much to do.

Per/kos/mustafi fixes our defense

scytheavatar

Established Member
How was he dreadful? We conceded one goal which he couldnt do much about. Aside from that he didnt have much to do.

Per/kos/mustafi fixes our defense

https://my.mixtape.moe/dkthuw.mp4

Mustafi couldn't do much?!?!? Look at what he did for the goal, back off back off back off allowing Berahino time and space for an easy pass to Jese for the goal. Mustafi has been soft and been a passenger in our defense too often last season. So far I am not sure Mustafi has shown anything to make me think he can be a solution to anything.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I think we're being far too harsh on mustafi, him and kos were excellent for the first half of the season, dont think the pair lost a game together until Everton away.

He's had no proper preseason, on top of which he's been thrown in to a system which hes hardly played in with monreal as the Centre CB, ffs.

The question is considering how terrible we were with saed and monreal with holding in a back three... Why on earth didn't wenger play metersacker? And why stick bellerin at lwb?

Wenger, I'm count down the days for Wenger out to begin, because nothings changed.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Arsenal fans need Mustafi to be tapping Emre Can up with 12 months on his contract... He would be a great signing. I expect him to go to one of Europe's elite clubs though, Juventus, Man City...
Great talent, but just as much a liability as Xhaka. Works great at pool when you have 10 people chasing every lost ball like madmen. Probably would do ok @Juve in a defensive formation, but at Arsenal? We would still bein need of a solid secure defensive player.

OSBK

Established Member

Mustafi couldn't do much?!?!? Look at what he did for the goal, back off back off back off allowing Berahino time and space for an easy pass to Jese for the goal. Mustafi has been soft and been a passenger in our defense too often last season. So far I am not sure Mustafi has shown anything to make me think he can be a solution to anything.

So watch the goal, he is one on one and so is monreal with jese, beherino goes down if mustafi makes a challenge so he has to back off to wait for support. Beherino slides the ball into jese who is allowed to run free and score by monreal. Mustafi stops him coming in on his right foot for a shot. Poor tracking by monreal allows the angle for the pass.

So before you slam mustafi for the goal, where was ox, xhaka,ramsey? There was only 1 ball on to jese so why did monreal let him have a free run on goal? How is it we play 3 cb and we end up in that situation? We were 3 vs 3! There is some fault with mustafi for the goal but he was not the reason they scored.

tcahill

That's one of the most important rules of defending mate. If a player is already running at you, its very hard to dispossess them, you just have to shepherd them away from the goal and wait for support. That goal isn't Mustafi's fault, if anything its more Xhaka's, if you're flying out that far forward you have to win that ball. Allowed Stoke to run right through where he should of been, and left us in a 3v3 situation.

He was very good anyway for the first half of last season, especially considering he just made the jump from Spanish to English football. In the second half, the entire team was playing badly, even Kos looked average. How do you expect a arsenal defender to perform when your RB Bellerin decides he's a RW and you've got no defensive cover from the midfield?

coolaa

I think we're being far too harsh on mustafi, him and kos were excellent for the first half of the season, dont think the pair lost a game together until Everton away.

He's had no proper preseason, on top of which he's been thrown in to a system which hes hardly played in with monreal as the Centre CB, ffs.

The question is considering how terrible we were with saed and monreal with holding in a back three... Why on earth didn't wenger play metersacker? And why stick bellerin at lwb?

Wenger, I'm count down the days for Wenger out to begin, because nothings changed.
Exactly, no preseason, not fit for the game. Not deserve to be picked.

carlito'sway

Established Member
According to the Mirror as well as other sources, Inter is chasing Mustafi and Juve is interested as well. It is also reported that Arsenal is not closing the door and would try to bring in VVD to replace him.
While this is all rumors, I would happily agree with both moves.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
According to the Mirror as well as other sources, Inter is chasing Mustafi and Juve is interested as well. It is also reported that Arsenal is not closing the door and would try to bring in VVD to replace him.
While this is all rumors, I would happily agree with both moves.
Koulibaly at Napoli seems highly rated. Any chance we could offer Mustafi and money to them? I'm reluctant to buy another player from Saints tbh.

WakeupCall

the 40+ million was the worst piece of business ever done by arseanl. He is good but max 20 million player. I would sell him but only if we can get someone in. Sell him at 25+ million
its a no brainer

tcahill

the 40+ million was the worst piece of business ever done by arseanl. He is good but max 20 million player. I would sell him but only if we can get someone in. Sell him at 25+ million
its a no brainer

He's a good defender, could be really great in a years or two, once he irons out those rash tackles and gets some more PL experience.

He was looking very solid in La Liga, and was/is still quite young for a CB. That's why we paid 35 mill for him.

WakeupCall

He's a good defender, could be really great in a years or two, once he irons out those rash tackles and gets some more PL experience.

He was looking very solid in La Liga, and was/is still quite young for a CB. That's why we paid 35 mill for him.

He will come good mate but he will never be top top level. Im from germany people laughed her about 40+ million for mustafi. I mean cmon. He had great interception rate i think it was the best in europe but everybody and his dogs sees that he is limited.

WakeupCall

Arsenal fans need Mustafi to be tapping Emre Can up with 12 months on his contract... He would be a great signing. I expect him to go to one of Europe's elite clubs though, Juventus, Man City...

just what we need another mediocre player omg you cant make this up. Get your football senses. We need world class not barely able to walk with the ball types of players. Just imagine Xhaka Can gives me heart attack. We need a pjanic, keita in their how cant you see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom