• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantoure

I just don't understand how he can be so weak. A squad player isn't signing a deal so you play him to the detriment of the team. Why not just accept that he wants to leave and just leave him out. Bellerin is the one who showed loyalty. So play him instead. He did the same with Walcott and will do the same with Ramsey next season. We won't buy a replacement for Alexis because Ramsey won't sign a deal.
Its head scratching alright, but I'm one to try n give excuses for stuff that appear totally out of sense
I suspect it was a bit of defiance to not weaken the clubs negotiating position w.r.t Chamberlain

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Everything you need to know about this manager was summed up in a neat, putrid little bow on deadline day. The squad cost excuses are a joke given that he bid 92 million on a player whose interest he apparently didn't feel he needed to verify first. As if that arrogance wasn't enough, it never dawned on him to maybe try a bid of 60 million or so and see if that was enough to pry VVD away. He could have probably knocked that down to 40+ Chambers and we'd still have barely spent anything this summer. As much as I love Lemar, VVD would have had a much bigger impact and was probably a more realistic signing that sat out there all summer.

Instead, if rumors are to be believed he goes 8 weeks without contacting Lemar's people, publicly declares a transfer for the player dead and then is arrogant enough to decide that a player who has been courted by a better run Liverpool who just thrashed us is going to down tools before a massive match for his country to sign for a club that didn't make much effort in signing him all summer and didn't think it important enough to speak with him for 2 months. You maybe can get away with that if you're a Madrid or Barca or United and you've got a manager whose last title was recent enough that players Lemar's age can actually remember it well.

But oh no, not Wenger. Apparently a player is supposed to drop what he's doing to join our sh*tshow of a club that scapegoats you if you rebel against laziness and complacency after weeks without contact. In a way it makes me feel slightly better as a supporter that we are not the only people he's got no respect for but it's still infuriating. It's not just that he's not a good manager anymore. The guy is not a good person either. He's really a very nasty and arrogant man and frankly every bad thing that happens to him is deserved.
Bruce Wayne going rogue ;);)

MagicalRozza

I watched an interview with Fabiański on Polish tv. They asked nim what was going on in Arsenal. He said that in his view Henry summed it up the best saying that this club has become too comfortable. He also mentioned that because of such views Thierry is no longer welcome here. To me this corresponds with what we are seeing. Lack of liability from top to bottom, constant excuses, acceptance of mediocrity. Arsène thrives in such environment where the only objective is balancing the books. My personal conspiracy theory is that we played so well in the FA Cup because the players believed Arsène may not be extending and wanted him to finish on a high. When he announced the extention everything went tits up. Not a single player extended their contract! The ones that want to win don't want to play for him anymore and it shows. To me giving him this two year contract will be perceived as one of biggest mistakes in the club's history.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
And well done to them. I don't begrudge Leicester winning the title at all. Yes, Tottenham and Liverpool have come close to winning the title but they have no silverware to show for it in recent years. If you think our record for winning the league title is bad, Liverpool haven't won it since 1990 and Tottenham 1961!!!
Nobody needs a history lesson. I'm well aware of how long it's been since those clubs won. At the very least they've managed to run close in the last 5 seasons. Have we? No we have not. Our wage bill last season was 195 million. Tottenham's was 100 million. So please Wenger apologist who just used money as an excuse, explain to me how twice the wages equated to 11 less points, 9 less goals scored and a truly pathetic 18 more goals conceded than Tottenham. By the way, the season before our wage bill was 192 million to Tottenham's 110 million. That got us a worse goal differential and 1 more point than them. So Wenger needed an 82 million sterling spending advantage to get one more point than a team of children.

Please do use your pathetic money excuse to explain that one away. Because the only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that the club allocated the money. Nearly 200 million quid was spent to field the team last year. Wenger selected each and every one of the players. So whose fault was it that a club with half the payroll performed so much better? There's only one answer. And you want to tell me that because we won a trophy that half the clubs in England don't even take seriously any more that should placate me then you're off your rocker.

The above proves that about the only thing money does for certain is keep you in the top 6 (though Wenger looks to be testing that this season). The rest is not that you spent money but how you spent money and so no I'm not happy with Wenger pissing money down the drain some windows and not spending it in others. It's clearly there. It's reflected in the wage bill. We are closer to United, Chelsea and City in wages than Tottenham are to us and yet we are the only ones in the group who have not won or come close to winning in the last 5 years. Where we aren't getting the return is in the on field performance of the players unilaterally recruited and selected by one Arsène Wenger. So the next time you come into a thread spouting nonsense about money, make sure you actually know something about it so you don't look a prat.

vantoure

Nobody needs a history lesson. I'm well aware of how long it's been since those clubs won. At the very least they've managed to run close in the last 5 seasons. Have we? No we have not. Our wage bill last season was 195 million. Tottenham's was 100 million. So please Wenger apologist who just used money as an excuse, explain to me how twice the wages equated to 11 less points, 9 less goals scored and a truly pathetic 18 more goals conceded than Tottenham. By the way, the season before our wage bill was 192 million to Tottenham's 110 million. That got us a worse goal differential and 1 more point than them. So Wenger needed an 82 million sterling spending advantage to get one more point than a team of children.

Please do use your pathetic money excuse to explain that one away. Because the only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that the club allocated the money. Nearly 200 million quid was spent to field the team last year. Wenger selected each and every one of the players. So whose fault was it that a club with half the payroll performed so much better? There's only one answer. And you want to tell me that because we won a trophy that half the clubs in England don't even take seriously any more that should placate me then you're off your rocker.

The above proves that about the only thing money does for certain is keep you in the top 6 (though Wenger looks to be testing that this season). The rest is not that you spent money but how you spent money and so no I'm not happy with Wenger pissing money down the drain some windows and not spending it in others. It's clearly there. It's reflected in the wage bill. We are closer to United, Chelsea and City in wages than Tottenham are to us and yet we are the only ones in the group who have not won or come close to winning in the last 5 years. Where we aren't getting the return is in the on field performance of the players unilaterally recruited and selected by one Arséne Wenger. So the next time you come into a thread spouting nonsense about money, make sure you actually know something about it so you don't look a prat.
If they performed so much better, where's the trophy to show for it?

Also if you don't believe in the spend factor, why use it? Cos it suits your argument?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If they performed so much better, where's the trophy to show for it?

Also if you don't believe in the spend factor, why use it? Cos it suits your argument?
I ask this not in an insulting way but so that I know the most appropriate way to proceed with you. Are you a bit slow? Everton didn't win a trophy last season either but that's not really needed to reflect that they performed much better than Watford. That's what the table is for. Also I clearly don't believe the spending factor is the be all and end all and our position in the table relative to Tottenham with spending factored in is proof of that. This is all pretty obvious stuff which is why I need to know if there's some sort of challenge that is preventing you from seeing very basic logic. I really don't want to be unkind if you have a real problem.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
How is Wenger surviving in an one of the most brutal, cuththroat jobs since the dawn of mankind.

• Removing the long-serving Arsène Wenger from the equation, the average top-flight manager at present has been in a job for 1.29 years

Future academics will study this period: They will talk about management & organisations that have "reached the Wenger moment" and "entered the Wenger zone"

vantoure

I ask this not in an insulting way but so that I know the most appropriate way to proceed with you. Are you a bit slow? Everton didn't win a trophy last season either but that's not really needed to reflect that they performed much better than Watford. That's what the table is for. Also I clearly don't believe the spending factor is the be all and end all and our position in the table relative to Tottenham with spending factored in is proof of that. This is all pretty obvious stuff which is why I need to know if there's some sort of challenge that is preventing you from seeing very basic logic. I really don't want to be unkind if you have a real problem.
Lol, you talk about slow, yet provide very daft logic. I'll reverse the question, how slow are you?

Everton and Watford won **** all, so the league table is appropriate to judge them.

Tottenham put the pressure on n came empty handed, arsenal beat city n Chelsea on the way to lifting a record number of cups. How slow are you?

Let me ask you, who had a more successful season in 2005? Everton or Liverpool?

If as the media n hair brained arsenal fans have harped about for the 10 years before the first of 3 fa cups was that it was all about trophies, how come coming 2nd is now more glorious. I can recall a large number of fans saying they'd trade 4th place finish for even a Carling cup, talk less of an fa Cup.

If you want to shift the goal post, enjoy. But don't go around making stupid comparisons like Everton n Watford, when they don't even come close to the discussion. Slow pffft

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I would love to understand what the fans expectations are. Gazidis mentioned this there will be catalyst for change. Let's look at the changes made this summer:

• Appointment of Jens Lehmann (former invincible) as a coach, was this not what fans wanted? shakeup in the coaching staff? More winners in the coaching setup?
  • Appointment of Darren Burgess as director of high performance? We had issues with players and muscular injuries and the club have tried to address that with this appointment. Time will tell whether this appointment fixes the issue but at least it's a step in the right direction.
  • Appointment of Huss Fahmy as legal counsel to oversee contract negotiations and hopefully make changes to our negotiation process and packages offered. This has been a problem for some time and the club have made moves to address the situation. This won't happen overnight though and will take time for there to be any developments on this front.
  • We broke our own transfer record with the signing of a top class striker who has proved himself to be a prolific striker over recent seasons. Fans can't say we don't spend the f'ing money anymore can they. We also sign argualbly one of the best wing backs in the Bundesliga for free.
We start the season on the back of an FA Cup victory and impressive performance against Chelsea (The champions) in the Community Shield. I admit we were dross against Liverpool and IMO most fans are just venting after the loss. The timing of the loss against Liverpool and the transfer deadline coming a few days after didn't help the situation. Criticism of Wenger is unreasonable IMO.

Good points raised to be fair.

The venting you mention however goes far deeper than I think you're making it out to be.

I wont go into detail as it has been covered many times. All I'll do is ask you to read some of the input on this forum and go through some more technical analysis of that performance. Simply put, it is not isolated, and more worryingly it wont be the last.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I just don't understand how he can be so weak. A squad player isn't signing a deal so you play him to the detriment of the team. Why not just accept that he wants to leave and just leave him out. Bellerin is the one who showed loyalty. So play him instead. He did the same with Walcott and will do the same with Ramsey next season. We won't buy a replacement for Alexis because Ramsey won't sign a deal.

I suspect it speaks to an aspect of Wenger's personality which seems very noble, but honestly is out of place in modern society.

That is the handing out of an olive branch or belief that loyalty and love will always trump all in the end.

He mixes and matches the team to ensure that the likes of Bellerin remain involved, remain part of the group and feels valued. This in addition to giving Ox a continued run in the hope that he will change his mind.

Overlooking glaring flaws in performances in the hope that it will work itself out on the field and also strengthen loyalty. When you hear him speak about Giroud's decision to stay at the club you almost see him psychologically affirming himself for sticking with the man and now reaping the benefits of that decision.

It has a devastating effect on our team effectiveness, not only in the short term but long term as well.

karl

It is hard to argue with what Emmanuel Petit has to say today. Very highly rewarded players sulking and offering so little for Arsenal. Wenger should take some blame, but these player can't muster the basic pride to play for our team. Their ability is way beyond what we get to see.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/emmanuel-petit-brutal-arsenal-Özil-11102065

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We screwed around all summer and wouldn't bid more than 50 million but now all of a sudden we're willing to pay 100.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why does he only ever tell French channels all this bollocks? Is he still able to project the image of the messiah to them?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Id say leave the money for the next guy. We must have over 200m sloshing around plus interest. Are the financials not out this month or is it november??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom