• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Football 2017/18

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
BvB steamroll Gladbach 6:1....still, they look open and shaky at the back. If Gladbach finishes their chances better, it's 4:4. BvB look brilliant going forward but they havent played any decent opposition yet. I am excited to see them against Real. Dont know if they can mount a sustained title challenge, but theyre a joy to watch...unbelievably high up the pitch gegenpressing, fast paced, Quick thinking, synergetic, playful - but still vulnerable at the back. They should buy a new goalie.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
By the way, any opinions on the new Video refereeing in Bundesliga on here?

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Reports coming in that Bayern have sacked Carlo Ancelotti. Bayern’s displays since the preseason have been very poor and the 0-3 defeat at Paris seems to be the last straw in Munich.

If true then deservedly so. That man is living on his past laurels and Bayern look tactically clueless under him. It seems as if the team is playing without any plans or ideas.

Bayern have the players to at least push Real, Juventus, Barca and PSG but they look terrible under Carlo who doesn’t seem to know how to get the best out of his squad. I’ve seen him at Bayern and I WOULD NOT want him at Arsenal. Ancelotti’s next employment is likely to be based on his past glories rather than his current managerial form.

Tuchel is emerging as a favorite for the job. Sagnol maybe caretaker for a few games and Bayern are likely to announce a new manager during the International break or in the Winter break.

Brown Gooner

If Tuchel arrives, I hope he brings the over-smartness, weird tactics & selections, and management bust-ups with him.

Dude, with all due respect, half knowledge is worse than no knowledge. That bolded part was not entirely his doing. The old guard at Dortmund felt threatened by his innovative ideas, he wanted scouts to also make sure that the youngsters didn’t have a personality problem (Guess he had seen that with O Dembele) and that demand didn’t go down too well with Mislintat.

Also Tuchel was much more pragmatic than the current Dortmund boss who seems to be the epitome of tactical naivety.

At this moment only Roy Hodgson would be a worse manager for Bayern compared to Carlo.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Dude, with all due respect, half knowledge is worse than no knowledge. That bolded part was not entirely his doing. The old guard at Dortmund felt threatened by his innovative ideas, he wanted scouts to also make sure that the youngsters didn’t have a personality problem (Guess he had seen that with O Dembele) and that demand didn’t go down too well with Mislintat.

Also Tuchel was much more pragmatic than the current Dortmund boss who seems to be the epitome of tactical naivety.

At this moment only Roy Hodgeson would be a worse manager for Bayern compared to Carlo.
Dude, with all due respect, it was clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment.;)

Jae

The word on the street is that Robben, Ribery and Muller caused a divide in the dressing room because they were dropped from the team.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

At this moment only Roy Hodgson would be a worse manager for Bayern compared to Carlo.

I'll take the current Dortmund boss over Tuchel thanks very much ;)

I'd like for Tuchel to go to Bayern though if they don't have the patience for Nagelsmann, that'd be fun!

Brown Gooner

I'll take the current Dortmund boss over Tuchel thanks very much ;)

I'd like for Tuchel to go to Bayern though if they don't have the patience for Nagelsmann, that'd be fun!
Did you see Peter Bosz interviews after his defeats to United and Madrid? (My teams play this way and will continue to play this way, in other words, I will continue to be defensively foolish)

If I was a Dortmund fan I’d be pretty worried.

Deathstroke

The Terminator
Did you see Peter Bosz interviews after his defeats to United and Madrid? (My teams play this way and will continue to play this way, in other words, I will continue to be defensively foolish)

If I was a Dortmund fan I’d be pretty worried.

The football they're playing feels much better than in the Tuchel period, and the formation suits them better; in spite of the comical defending and Almuniaesque goalkeeping, the attacking play is fluid, fast and a joy to watch.

I see what you mean though - moved from a compulsive chop-&-changer to someone rigid. Ideally it should be one occupying the middle ground.

Last edited:

Brown Gooner

The football they're playing feels much better than in the Tuchel period, and the formation suits them better; in spite of the comical defending and Almuniaesque goalkeeping, the attacking play is fluid, fast and a joy to watch.

I see what you mean though - moved from a compulsive chop-&-changer to someone rigid. Ideally it should be someone occupying the middle ground.
That first para describes Arsenal and Arsène. Peter Bosz is the type of manager that’ll entertain you but won’t win you stuff. He bottled the Eredivisie last season and then his lack of defense was exploited by Mourinho’s United in the EL final.

I see Dortmund getting exposed against any decent team they face with their defensive nativities. Even this sub par Bayern side.

Tuchel won the Pokal with Dortmund and beat Bayern at the Allianz. He did a pretty good job with Mainz too. If he gets appointed as Bayern manager it should be exciting.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
That first para describes Arsenal and Arsène. Peter Bosz is the type of manager that’ll entertain you but won’t win you stuff. He bottled the Eredivisie last season and then his lack of defense was exploited by Mourinho’s United in the EL final.

I see Dortmund getting exposed against any decent team they face with their defensive nativities. Even this sub par Bayern side.

Tuchel won the Pokal with Dortmund and beat Bayern at the Allianz. He did a pretty good job with Mainz too. If he gets appointed as Bayern manager it should be exciting.

Winning the Pokal put a gloss on a hugely dissapointing season for Tuchel last year. It was an infuriating season in the league, last year and much of it was down to him and his micro managing. I am all for being innovative, but I am even more for playing to a teams strengths and not trying to be a clever sod at the detriment of the team. Dortmund have a really talened squad, he didn't get anywhere near the best out of them last season.

He is clearly a good coach, but I wasn't sad to see him go. And I admit, part of that (just a small part mind) was because he never really fit in and was clealry using Dortmund as a short stop in his career. I guess I'm a bit old fashioned, I like coaches to show just a little bit of interest in the club.

I'll reserve judgement on Bosz, but so far in the Bundesliga, so good. I guess I am just liking seeing the team play with such freedom and play to their strengths.

I am genuinley intrigued as to how TT does at Bayern though, he will be expected to win the league this season, so the pressure will be huge on him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Maybe not, but he was feuding with numerous people and had a reputation at Mainz as being a difficult person with whom to work. The Mainz media painted a picture of him as a person prone to bust-ups and temper tantrums. It seems a toxic atmosphere turns up wherever he goes. There was even an article during his time at Dortmund where someone within the organization was quoted as saying they had been warned by Mainz that the relationship would become rocky.

But, as I wrote this, they mentioned on the Schalke-Leverkusen pre-game that Bayern and Tuchel have already opened talks, so better them than seeing him at Arsenal (which was the big rumor when it was unclear whether or not Arsène would extend).

Latest posts

Top Bottom