• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Wenger already tried convincing the board to go after him a couple of years ago but they wouldn't do it. With Özil and Alexis leaving, though, just maybe...

The perfect situation would be to keep Özil and Alexis, then bring in Griezmann. Offload Giroud and Walcott to get it done. ****ing pipe dreams.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Since we're talking about pipe dreams, I'm gonna throw Draxler in the mix too.

Alexis and Özil could both leave, and replacing them with Griezmann and Draxler would be amazing.

Total pipe dream stuff, but a front three of Griezmann, Laca and Draxler would be incredible.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Probably because it was a lot tougher than Lacazette's who was dead in front of goal . imo anyways .
That's completely fair, I just don't think it was that easy just because he was so close. I have had a long day, however, so might remember the situations wrongly.

Tywin

Wenger already tried convincing the board to go after him a couple of years ago but they wouldn't do it. With Özil and Alexis leaving, though, just maybe...

The perfect situation would be to keep Özil and Alexis, then bring in Griezmann. Offload Giroud and Walcott to get it done. ****ing pipe dreams.

Have you got a link showing the board saying no to Wenger request?

al-Ustaadh

Have you got a link showing the board saying no to Wenger request?

This was reported by a twitter ITK: FKHanage.

Take it for whatever it's worth. Even if I had a link to a press source - of course: the more reputable, the more trustworthy - you'd still have to do the same.

Also:

frances_antoine_griezmann_shakes_hands_with_arsenal_manager_arse_245599.jpg

Caption: France's Antoine Griezmann shakes hands with Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger before the match.

Tywin

This was reported by a twitter ITK: FKHanage.

Take it for whatever it's worth. Even if I had a link to a press source - of course: the more reputable, the more trustworthy - you'd still have to do the same.

Also:

frances_antoine_griezmann_shakes_hands_with_arsenal_manager_arse_245599.jpg

Caption: France's Antoine Griezmann shakes hands with Arsenal manager Arséne Wenger before the match.

FK the ITK. Wenger was too cheap to even pay for Lacazette last season no way he was going to pay the asking price for Griezmann. Wenger is about 2 years behind on transfer prices.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...mer-but-he-snubbed-them-to-stay-in-spain/amp/

Not the most realiable source ever but FK it.

Tywin

Griezmann rejected us in 2014 because he wanted to join Atletico, who had just won the La Liga, you can find his interview proving it.

Not surprised at all. I've never seen or heard the board turn down Wenger over transfers before can't believe they would turn him down over this one

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Not surprised at all. I've never seen or heard the board turn down Wenger over transfers before can't believe they would turn him down over this one
You can always find Pablo's lost brothers on Twitter who blame the board and StatDNA without having any proof

Last edited:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Since we're talking about pipe dreams, I've gonna throw Lacazette getting multiple 90 minute appearances into the mix.

Won't happen mate.
IMO there has been an agreement between Wenger and Giroud to let him play most of the games for him to stay. (playing 20/30 min every game in order to keep his spot for the WC?)
Just a guess but it would makes sense.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Won't happen mate.
IMO there has been an agreement between Wenger and Giroud to let him play most of the games for him to stay. (playing 20/30 min every game in order to keep his spot for the WC?)
Just a guess but it would makes sense.

but that is stupid
his most direct rival is Laca

and if he gets to start in the league and end up with a respectable 20-ish goals... who knows what happens,

if he goes on a scoring bender and ends up 25-ish surely Laca must get the nod?

Giroud could have gone back to France, been a given starter and had a very respectable scoring record nad maybe fended of Laca?

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
but that is stupid
his most direct rival is Laca

and if he gets to start in the league and end up with a respectable 20-ish goals... who knows what happens,

if he goes on a scoring bender and ends up 25-ish surely Laca must get the nod?

Giroud could have gone back to France, been a given starter and had a very respectable scoring record nad maybe fended of Laca?

Nobody in France outside PSG could afford his wage though. (+ the £30M we were rumoured to ask for him).
He's almost on 100k/week which is really huge for a 30 yrs old in France.

Lacazette isn't even considered as his rival for the french NT because Deschamps loves to play with a strong target man like Giroud. And he wants to keep him because he's been an important player within the squad and our coach values this the most. (unless of course he doesn't play much during the season).
That's why Matuidi is still a starter for the french NT even though we have far better midfielders right now. (Kanté for instance who's been superb in the Premier League).

al-Ustaadh

FK the ITK. Wenger was too cheap to even pay for Lacazette last season no way he was going to pay the asking price for Griezmann. Wenger is about 2 years behind on transfer prices.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...mer-but-he-snubbed-them-to-stay-in-spain/amp/

Not the most realiable source ever but FK it.

It wasn't an issue of Wenger being too cheap to get Lacazette. It's also been reported that Lacazette didn't want to leave Lyon. He wanted to play in their new stadium for a whole season before leaving, as he was always going to have suitors when the time came.

Edit: The Ligue 1 journalist in this interview with Gunnerblog mentions it.

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

There are persistent rumors that Wenger and the board don't get a long with transfer policy, especially when it comes to selling star players. We'll know how true these things are when Wenger retires and puts the history in writing.

al-Ustaadh

Griezmann rejected us in 2014 because he wanted to join Atletico, who had just won the La Liga, you can find his interview proving it.

I have my doubts about Griezmann joining any English club to be fair. He's mentioned in interviews that the weather would be a big problem for him. It sounds like he may suffer from a form of seasonal depression.

Tywin

There are persistent rumors that Wenger and the board don't get a long with transfer policy, especially when it comes to selling star players. We'll know how true these things are when Wenger retires and puts the history in writing.

Have to say I have never heard those rumours before. Selling star players is down to Wenger agreeing whether to let them stay or go i.e. RVP, Fabregas, Sanchez. The only persistent and consistent news we get regarding transfers is that everyone on the board and management is in agreement that the club has a large transfer budget for Wenger to spend. To believe Wenger does not have great if not complete control over transfers within the budget provided is to ignore all known facts.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Hardly the same is it? Laca missed his rebound in front of an empty goal near the 6 yard box while Sanchez was further out with players in between. Watch both misses again and tell me if they are similar.

yeah it's not even close to the same level of difficulty..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom