• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Football 2017/18

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Maybe not, but he was feuding with numerous people and had a reputation at Mainz as being a difficult person with whom to work. The Mainz media painted a picture of him as a person prone to bust-ups and temper tantrums. It seems a toxic atmosphere turns up wherever he goes. There was even an article during his time at Dortmund where someone within the organization was quoted as saying they had been warned by Mainz that the relationship would become rocky.

But, as I wrote this, they mentioned on the Schalke-Leverkusen pre-game that Bayern and Tuchel have already opened talks, so better them than seeing him at Arsenal (which was the big rumor when it was unclear whether or not Arséne would extend).

the Mainz story from last year was a bit odd to be honest. Cos people just assumed it was Christian Heidel (long time Mainz sporting director now with Schalke) who was the guy they where talking about as he knows BVB CEO Aki Watzke well. But Heidel did confirm he said nothing of the sort to Dortmund! So it may have been a bit of a low blow, or it may have come from someone else at Mainz.
But for sure Heidel did confirm that yes, how Tuchel left Mainz did cause issues between them.

And if you want an idea of how he was at Mainz, then look no further than the issues with their goalie Heinz Müller who ended up suing the club, and who had many problems with Tuchel, who he basically accused of bullying him.

I honsetly have no clue how he'd do at Bayern if they go for him, but so long as he's learnt from his 'personal' mistakes at Dortmund at Mainz, he should do well. After all, this is the sort of move he wants, to be at a genuinley huge club who focus on winning and winning now, rather than building through youth.

He isn't much of a players coach, so again, will that work with the egos at Bayern? I honestly don't know.

BobP

Memri Fan
Interesting article I came across.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/3275/bundesliga/2013/02/02/3721242/heynckes-tuchel-is-destined-to-be-future-bayern-coach?utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

Heynckes is revered as a Legendary coach at Bayern. The fact that Tuchel is also of Bavarian origin (and slightly more experienced than Julian N) also tips the balance in his favor a bit.

Good, keeps him in the running to replace Wenger, though, knowing our luck, Roberto Martinez will talk his away into the job.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
the Mainz story from last year was a bit odd to be honest. Cos people just assumed it was Christian Heidel (long time Mainz sporting director now with Schalke) who was the guy they where talking about as he knows BVB CEO Aki Watzke well. But Heidel did confirm he said nothing of the sort to Dortmund! So it may have been a bit of a low blow, or it may have come from someone else at Mainz.
But for sure Heidel did confirm that yes, how Tuchel left Mainz did cause issues between them.

And if you want an idea of how he was at Mainz, then look no further than the issues with their goalie Heinz Müller who ended up suing the club, and who had many problems with Tuchel, who he basically accused of bullying him.

I honsetly have no clue how he'd do at Bayern if they go for him, but so long as he's learnt from his 'personal' mistakes at Dortmund at Mainz, he should do well. After all, this is the sort of move he wants, to be at a genuinley huge club who focus on winning and winning now, rather than building through youth.

He isn't much of a players coach, so again, will that work with the egos at Bayern? I honestly don't know.

That's a good point. Possibly Tuchel would be a bit more calm and balanced at a club such as Bayern where you're likely to win big and where you have a steady supply of established stars and the money, reputation and influence to buy more. And maybe he's had time to reflect a bit on his own shortcomings at his previous clubs. He certainly has some good qualities as a coach. He just needs a bit of maturity and an ability to play a little better with others.

But he has to know that Bayern isn't going to suffer foolishness for long.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Tuchel to Bayern? Sure thing right now. There's no one else on the market. Nagelsmann apparently is Hoeneß wish solution, but he's too inexperienced and if he's as clever as supposed to be, he'll stay at Hoffenheim for a bit. Klopp has been named a couple of times, but he's got a warm nest at Liverpool, why leave?

Thing with Bayern is, it's not the managers who are the problem, it's the management (- and the squad, but that's related). Why did not only Lahm and Max Eberl of Gladbach, but everyone turn down the sporting director role, bar no name Hasan Salihamidzic? Because they know it's a public puppet position with no real power. No one knows what Sammer did at that club - when asked, even he himself couldn't give an answer. As long as Hoeneß and Rummenigge are at Bayern, they'll be the shotcallers. It worked with Heynckes 'cause, well he's a legend, and it worked with Guardiola 'cause they thought they'd gotten the football messiah.
Now Rummenigge and Hoeneß heavily interfere with squad planning and transfers. Everyone sort of gets a wish transfer, Hoeneß one, Rummenigge one, the manager one etc. They're rich but they're still penny pinchers, the scouting is non existant. They got Sanches who's now at Swansea. Lol. Tolisso is in the same bracket for me, nothing to show, no big talent. Regarding talents they always bet on the wrong horse...Coman instead of Dembele is another good example. That lead to an ageing squad. Robben and Ribery cut it against Bremen or Frankfurt, but not in the CL. To please the bald fraud from Spain, they got virtually every player he wanted...which unbalanced the squad for any future coach 'cause of its specific composition. Tuchel could maybe work successfully with that, but he'll clash with the top brass sooner or later.
As a Stuttgart fan, I hate Bayern, but still got nothing but respect for Hoeneß work at the club, even despite him being a vile criminal. But they need change at the top. Hoeneß should call it quits and Rummenigge should move to UEFA, he's experienced with corruption and bribery.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Never seen such a bad Bayern team for a long time.
2:2 after 0:2 again, Hertha close to the third.

Toby

There's reports Bayern are about to bring in Heynckes for a fourth time to take over for this season, with the long term plan being to get in Nagelsmann next summer. Scholl, Hitzfeld, Tuchel have apparently all been considered but fell through for different reasons. Hoeneß told german press he met with Guardiola and got his approval for the next coach.
That last news bit is absolutely ridiculous...mighty Hoeneß asking for approval by the bald fraud from Spain

Toby

Re the whole new Bayern coach thing: one very interesting thing are the reports regarding Tuchel. The Bayern bosses enquired with ex-Mainz and BvB people about him, and with Mats Hummels. Kicker writes Tuchel fell through because talks were going on for too long.
Seems to me as if
a) Tuchel is still very much set on being the supreme decision maker at his club (one of the reasons he didn't get appointed as Stuttgart manager before joining BvB, and one of the reasons he went head to head with Watzke et al)
b) the reported Hummels - Tuchel feud in the one season they spent together at Dortmund is real, as Hummels went public about him being asked about his former coach, stating he told the Bayern management Tuchel was "not the right guy"
c) Tuchels reputation as "difficult", the internatl fuss he caused at BvB and similar reports from his time at Mainz, especially his exit, emerging after the whole saga last year, are seemingly really tarnishing his reputation as an employable coach

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I know this is off topic but where is @Rimaal ? A fair few of us have had run ins with her but at the same time it is kind of sad that a poster could literally disappear and none of us would know why. Anyway, hope she is okay.

As for German football. **** em. Having all the fun right now. I'm jelly even if I don;t have a national team to support. Bafana Bafana are useless.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You guys are transitioning at the moment. Still reeling from the loss of your golden generation.

Mokoena
Pienaar
Modise
Tshabalala
Sibaya
Buckley
McCarthy

At least you still have the literal fridge that is Dikgacoi running about.
It isn't just about transition. Our sport is a political mess. EVERYTHING in this country has to do with racism. ****ing everything! Massive corruption and blatant hopping onto the gravy train means we will never compete on the global stage for football again. Never. Not in my lifetime or my kids. Mark my words (pun fully intended)

Rugby is like the one thing we have and even that is the absolute piuts lately. Yet again, politics and race being the deciding factors.

Top Bottom