• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I remember correctly, Laca's offside was a lot harder to call than this example. It was literally 3-4 inches of a boot?

Still offside though.

Of course its not fair others get away with scoring offside goal but we either believe the rule is good for the game and when it is offside 1cm or 1m we like the lines-man to call it a offside. There should be no favors. Otherwise we can just ditch the rule.

Reactions: A_G

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Still offside though.

Of course its not fair others get away with scoring offside goal but we either believe the rule is good for the game and when it is offside 1cm or 1m we like the lines-man to call it a offside. There should be no favors. Otherwise we can just ditch the rule.
Umm... we should just ditch Özil instead.

Umm... we should just ditch Özil instead.

35664-1483519286.jpg

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Currently, Lacazette is 2.9 shots per 90.

That's not terrible, but still needs more IMO. He's doing other things right - trying to bring players into the game. Welbeck so far has gelled more with Laca because he's actually making good runs so far this season. Iwobi also seems to pick up really good areas aswell.

Just needs to bump it up to closer to 4 per 90 on average. With his accuracy, that will increase his goal tally. Just needs to be found more often. Xhaka's wasted quite a few of his runs and Ramsey's final ball oscillates between stunning and sterile. Giving it time, but so far I've been quietly impressed with Lacazette - but more shots please! Even with this stat he's managed 4 goals already.

gooner36

Although it is expected that a newly arrived player needs time to adapt/assimilate in his new club, I think Lacazette needs to stop trying to impress in a grand scale at the moment, being new and all, and just do what he does best which is score. I have seen in the past matches so far that he is constantly trying to create a super play but generally fails, be it would be key passes or dribbles in front of the goal. He should just shoot and shoot like he did in France and the goals will follow, eventually he'll have enough chemistry with the other lads or better confidence and pull off most of the things he is currently having a go at

{reed}

Poundland GDeep
Lacazette is the unluckiest striker in the league:
Referees are against his offside goals!
Woodworks don't allow his to score goals!
Xhaka doesn't see his brilliant runs!
Wenger is against him playing full 90 minutes!
Stay strong, Alex, your lucky days will come!

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah I do feel some players come to us and try too hard to play the Arsenal way rather than to their strengths

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He's our top scorer and he never gets to play a full 90 mins. That's pretty good in my opinion and if Wenger ever starts subbing players that are playing poorly then Lacazette should benefit. Sun for eg, he shouldn't have gone off.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I don't know I can't tell from that. It's history anyway. I think Laca could be good for us, let's wait and see.
No, we should be making a much bigger issue out of it than we are. Build it up as evidence that the refs always rule against us so that the next time there's a tough call to be made they rule in our favour. I mean Utd get at least 5 blatant decisions for them, every season. But still if you look at their fans, they're always crying about how the refs are out to get them. Wenger had the right idea when he called it out in the presser... as a fanbase we need to put some pressure on external agents instead of always directing it at the team/coach.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Regardless, we should've won that Stoke game. Pisses me off we didn't. Outplayed them and still lost 1-0. We'd be third if we had won that game.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Lacazette is the unluckiest striker in the league:
Referees are against his offside goals!
Woodworks don't allow his to score goals!
Xhaka doesn't see his brilliant runs!
Wenger is against him playing full 90 minutes!
Stay strong, Alex, your lucky days will come!
You forgot "He's clearly better than Lukaku and Morata, even though he was United and Chelsea's third [at maximum] choice, and was had for a smaller fee!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom